- Posts: 1478
- Joined: 09 Feb 2010 06:55
Here a 2 photos, I suppose from Warsaw ghetto, but.....
1. On the first picture we have three men wearing what seems to be black Allgemeine-SS uniforms, but IMO they have strange collar patches, the left ones (rank) does´t seem to be there. Especially if one look the man in the middle. The right one don´t seem to be black. Where and who?
2. On the second one the SD/Sipo NCO is showing something. Is it just a coin or something else?
- Posts: 5176
- Joined: 10 Jul 2010 03:40
- Location: Spain
I think are right collar patches with 3 digits ( Standarte number ).
It shows, a coin hidden in the lining of his clothes.On the second one the SD/Sipo NCO is showing something. Is it just a coin or something else?
- Posts: 315
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006 23:36
- Location: Poland
The SS man in the middle of the first photo might be Otto Grunow, but just a guess.
Correct thread title should be Litzmannstadt Ghetto Pictures.
- Posts: 1934
- Joined: 06 Jan 2020 23:13
- Location: Germany
Compare to the attached photo:
The photo in original size is about 1,74 MB large, does not fit in the forum.
Link: https://www.leo-bw.de/web/guest/detail- ... sa-40-"+ta
A chance find some time ago, I found the photo of the group at the time exceptionally good and detailed, very rare in this quality."Gruppenbild einer Formation der SS-Standarte "Baden" im Weiß’schen Atelier. In der Mitte Rudolf Berberich (1896-1974) aus Hainstadt."
* The little boy with the cap, strange...
Ein deutsches sogenanntes "Maskottchen" war auf solchen Fotos sehr häufig zu sehen, oft ein Kind in einer Uniform, viele von euch kennen die Fotos kleiner Jungen in einer SA-Uniform, solche Fotos sind allgemein bekannt...
** I could plaster our forum with such photos, but that makes no sense.
These photos are all over the place online, mostly from private sources, often found only by accident...