Death of Christian Wirth

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Max Williams

Re: Death of Christian Wirth

Post by Max Williams » 05 Jul 2017, 09:31

history1 wrote: That´s strange, Max, because when I´m doing a business trip (Geschäftsreise = Dienstreise) it even requires that I´m on duty.
Cheers,
Roman
Roman,
In connection with the military, the English term 'business' is not used. Business is only used for civilian commercial purposes. The term 'service' is more appropriate, i.e. 'Dienst'. If he was on a 'business' trip from Trieste, it implies he was on an off-duty commercial trip, not a military service journey. Therefore, in this context, business trip is not the correct term.
Max.

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 06 Jul 2017, 13:09

Thanks, Max! Great to learn something new.

stryder

Post by stryder » 09 Jul 2017, 16:51

There is a recent book called Globocnik's Men that gives detailed information on the men of AR after they were transferred to Italy. Lot's of very interesting pictures of AR men such as Oberhauser, Hackenholt, and Wirth. The impression I had from reading the book is that the road on which Wirth was ambushed (Karst Road), was the main highway used by the Germans in Istria, and thus well watched by locals and partisans.

filigranofil

Post by filigranofil » 10 Jul 2017, 01:11

Hello,

yes, recent Book of Stefano Di Giusto & Tommaso Chiussi gives detailed information about Abteilung R and SS-Wachmannschaften in OZAK with plenty of pictures.

About Wirth death there is no new ducuments found.

Yes, there was mentioned in the Book also rumors that Wirth had been killed by his men.

But Authors closed this story professionally: "No concrete elements to support this hypothesis has ever been presented, while Yugoslav sources confirm that he surely died in a partisan ambush".

regards
Darko

Michal78

Post by Michal78 » 10 Jul 2021, 14:58

Christian Wirth speaks at the Reichleitner´s funeral in Trieste.
Michal
Attachments
XX (2).jpg

TimeTravelAgent

Post by TimeTravelAgent » 29 Sep 2021, 03:27

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”