SS-4 ?

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
yalta

Re: SS-4 ?

Post by yalta » 18 Mar 2012, 11:51

Max Williams wrote:
yalta wrote: I know not, of course any details of the 3 Mercedes, but it would be very strange if all 3 have- had injuries on the right side as the Danish car ..!
Now I think that it is you who make a Assumption, that no one can prove, that there were 4 parachutist in the attack, there is no evidence that Opalka even was there .. according to a historian from Prague Military Museum..
Well, it is surprising with 3 different Colt's, according to Pannwitz, was Kubis not near the place where the cartridge was found, and Opalkas (if han was there!) Colt was found in the crypt - it could apparently not be compared with the said cartridge..! again according to a historian from Prague Military Museum..
Per
I disagree. Two had evidence of repairs just there, but (as in your example) they could have been damaged as a result of road accidents. Not unusual.
As for the number of parachutists, I only used witness statements of people actually there and official reports. I didn't rely upon the word of a museum historian who are renowned for errors. And I only researched it for ten years, visiting the locations for three years and conducting interviews. You obviously know a lot more about it than me, so I'll bow to your superior knowledge and let you carry on. That's me out of this thread.
Max.
I realize that you probably do not read this, but just in case ...
There is a significant difference in damage caused by a traffic accident than damage from an explosion ..!
No - I do not know more than you, I have not reseached as long as you, but has been on site 3 times, read various SOE reports, Pannwitz report, been in contact with two historians from Prague, the historian of the Military Museum, and read a dozen books on the subject, your own included .. so my knowledge comes solely from these sources ... funny enough,- most of the explanations of, what happen that very day (which is my interest) are based on Ivanov's book, your own included... most do not mention Opalka if he was there or not, but the fact is, that the 3 others have named roads very close to the corner, while Opalka's 'street' is several kilometers from the site .. the witness, Marie Sochmanova, testified 3 men on the spot, one of them could just be an innocent tram-passenger! She also testified, that there was shootout between Klein and Gabčík (acording to Ivanov book), but according Pannwitz, there was found no German cartridge case at- / near the assassination site ..! I know that statements over the years could be distorted and mistakes happen, for example in your book, page 150 of the top, the image can possibly not be from 27.th in the afternoon, but probably in the early ours of 28.th, according to the shadows from the sun, by the way; the 27. was not a sunny day that most authors write, but almost overcloudy! according to Prague's meteorological institute who writes that it was 9/10 cloudy that very day, then; was Valciks mirror ever been used!
-there is no reason to be sarcastic ..
thanks for your comments ..
have a great day..
Per

Kormoran

Post by Kormoran » 24 Jun 2012, 15:18

Why are you saying that SS-1 and SS-2 were used by Himmler and Daluege, respectively?

What was the name of Heydrich's chauffer? Not the bodyguard Johannes Klein, but the chauffer. Or did he had more than one chauffer?

Where was the chauffer at that day when Heydrich was wounded on May 27, 1942?

Why do you think that Heydrich had more cars? What if he replaced one car with another one? I saw him in different cars, but he may have let one car repaired and use another one.

Kormoran

Post by Kormoran » 25 Jun 2012, 08:26

The reason why I am asking about SS-2 and SS-4, etc. is the following:

I did see Himmler and Heydrich in cars with plate numbers SS-1 and SS-3, repectively.

But I haven't seen any other high-rank SS-officer with such "SS-..." numbers.

Neither I saw a document which assigned the numbers to SS-officers.

Even Daluege was using his car with number Pol-3.

VanillaNuns

Post by VanillaNuns » 14 Aug 2021, 00:19

According to this site:

SS number plates 1 / 2 - Himmler

3 / 4 - Heydrich

5 / 6 - Werner Best

7 / 8 - Heinrich Muller

https://www.signsofwar.com/ourshop/prod ... Plate.html

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 14 Aug 2021, 01:04

This plates site does not offer me any guarantees on the information provided.....

The allocation of license plates in this Reichsprotektorat case is confusing ;

Karl-Hermann Frank using a Pol-12 number plate in Prague.
Pol-12.jpg
Pol-12.jpg (111.47 KiB) Viewed 437 times
Frank using a Pol-28 license plate in another vehicle.
Pol-28.jpeg
Pol-28.jpeg (97.87 KiB) Viewed 437 times
Frank using a PO-44 number plate in another car, and another parade.
Plate PO-44.jpeg
Plate PO-44.jpeg (215.02 KiB) Viewed 437 times
License plate.jpg
License plate.jpg (77.41 KiB) Viewed 437 times
Car pennant detail used by Karl-Hermann Frank.
I think this black car is not a convertible, if so, it bears a Berlin IA license plate.
Car pennant.jpg
Car pennant.jpg (60.76 KiB) Viewed 437 times
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 14 Aug 2021, 10:40

Frank using a PO 44 number plate in another car, and another parade.
Maybe it's PD 44, and not PO 44, I'm not sure.
I have enlarged the image, but it does not solve it....If a PD code, it could be a common Protectorate license plate.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

HM

Post by HM » 14 Aug 2021, 11:48

Here some info!

HM.
Attachments
01.06.1939.JPG
03.08.1939.JPG

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 14 Aug 2021, 18:31

These are police vehicle number allocations and should not be confused with SS number allocations.
Max.

Frankfurter

Post by Frankfurter » 26 Nov 2023, 02:38

von thoma wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 01:04
This plates site does not offer me any guarantees on the information provided.....

The allocation of license plates in this Reichsprotektorat case is confusing ;

Karl-Hermann Frank using a Pol-12 number plate in Prague.

Pol-12.jpg

Frank using a Pol-28 license plate in another vehicle.

Pol-28.jpeg

Frank using a PO-44 number plate in another car, and another parade.

Plate PO-44.jpeg

License plate.jpg

Car pennant detail used by Karl-Hermann Frank.
I think this black car is not a convertible, if so, it bears a Berlin IA license plate.

Car pennant.jpg
The First car is a 320, the second a luxurious 540K, the third another 320 (like the Heydrich assasination car) and the last one of which only the Front is visible an armoured 540K.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”