Heider Heydrich

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Annelie

Post by Annelie » 22 Nov 2007, 21:21

It must be very amusing for Herr Heydrich to hear of his passing
at least several times. Imagine also hearing of imposters posing as him.
He probably has a good sense of humor
or that he just ignores the whole thing.
Its seems he is a very productive member of society and nothing
holds him back nor should he.

Good for him that he thrives.

Silke

Post by Silke » 23 Nov 2007, 00:09

Annelie wrote:Addendum.

Is it possible to find the family line which includes Aunts/Uncles
cousins somewhere on line that does not invade their privacy?

Thankyou
Annelie,

here you´ll find some of Reinhard Heydrich´s ancestors from his mother´s side:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... h+heydrich
And here´s a list of his children and siblings:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... ich+family
Sorry, I couldn´t find a family tree including Reinhard Heydrich´s nieces and nephews. As far as I know, Reinhard Heydrich´s brother Heinz had five children. Peter Thomas Heydrich was his eldest son (1931 - 2003). He was also Reinhard Heydrich´s godson.
Here´s a book on Peter Thomas Heydrich that might be worth reading:
http://www.deutschesfachbuch.de/info/de ... 3783127106
or here http://www.amazon.de/Kronprinz-Heydrich ... 37-7942648
Another son of Heinz Heydrich was Heider Heydrich (1937 - 1995), the one mentioned by Translator, not to be confused with Reinhard Heydrich´s son Heider, born 1934. I can also recall a daughter of Heinz Heydrich, Ingrid, but I don´t have a clue about the rest of his children. There were probably another two of them. It is also beyond my knowledge if Maria Heydrich, Reinhard Heydrich´s sister, had any children.
Best regards,

Silke

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 23 Nov 2007, 00:45

Thankyou Silke.

I have heard the last name Heydrich is not a common name.
Wondered however if most people whom have the last
name Heydrich maybe related in some way?

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 23 Nov 2007, 00:56

The information I found on the web initially was

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinhard_Heydrich

It lists Heider Heydrich Reinhards son as having died
Klaus Heydrich (* 17. Juni 1933; † 24. Oktober 1943)
Heider Heydrich (* 28. Dezember 1934; † 03. Juli 2007)
Silke Heydrich (* 9. April 1939)
Marte Heydrich (* 23. Juli 1942)
goes to show that wikipedia cannot be used as gospel truth.

Silke

Post by Silke » 23 Nov 2007, 01:48

Annelie wrote:Thankyou Silke.
You´re welcome, Annelie.
Annelie wrote:I have heard the last name Heydrich is not a common name.
Wondered however if most people whom have the last
name Heydrich maybe related in some way?
I agree that the last name Heydrich is not a common name but at the same time the name doesn´t sound that uncommon to me that it would make me assume most of the Heydrichs must be related to each other.
A check of the German telephone book could help. Unfortunately, I don´t have it on CD-ROM.

Silke

Dragunov77

Re: Heider Heydrich

Post by Dragunov77 » 07 Jul 2009, 22:35

A respectable local magazine has published an article in May this year (2009) about children of Nazis. Interviews were taken or attempted amongst others with Gudrun Himmler (arrogantly refused), Martin Bormann Jr. (politely and openly obliged) and Heider Heydrich (who politely, yet firmly refused to talk about the past). I learnt from the aricle that he owns a luxurious estate near Munich, prior to retirement was a member of the Board of Directors of Dornier Co. and was a chairman of a local CDU party representation. So, it seems he's alive and very well.
He said in the article that he hazily remembers his youth in Panenske Brezany (during the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia named Jungfern Breschen). However, in another article I found that he secretly visited the place when the communists were still in power in Czechoslovakia. So who knows? His father and brother Klaus died, while he was residing there, so I'm pretty sure he remembers well.

Just a side note: there are two palaces in Panenske Brezany - on different edge of the village. The so-called upper palace was the residence of another Nazi prominent - K.H. Frank. The palace is well preserved and serves as retirement home.
The residence of the Heydrichs - the lower palace - is inaccessible to the public (it now holds some laboratories or something) and is quite shabby looking. I visited the place few days ago. The original gate (in front of which Klaus died) to the premises is still there and looks quite "sinister". Especially when knowing who lived there... and what happended there.
Going there soon again to take some photos.

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 08 Jul 2009, 11:41

This information is already well covered elsewhere (including various threads on this forum.) If you use the search facility, you will find this information, photos, plus additional material.
Max.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 08 Jul 2009, 14:33

Interviews were taken or attempted amongst others with Gudrun Himmler (arrogantly refused), Martin Bormann Jr. (politely and openly obliged) and Heider Heydrich (who politely, yet firmly refused to talk about the past).
Why do you say arrogantly refused? if I were her and probably pestered my whole life about my Father I too
would refuse! Good for Heider Heydrich, refusing to speak about the past. What could he possibly add to
what has already been said, researched over and over again? He has lived an exemplarily life and probably
would like to put the past of his Father behind him especially that his age?

Saartje

Post by Saartje » 08 Jul 2009, 16:43

According to the Lebert book My Father's Keeper Gudrun Himmler is not at all well-liked by the other children of the Nazi leaders.
The 'Nazi" children have tended to bump into each other most years. Wolf-Rüdiger Hess, Martin Bormann, Klaus von Schirach, Edda Göring: they meet at funerals or occasionally for a drink. Gudrun Burwitz, nee Himmler, enjoys no great popularity. Embittered, bad-tempered, imperious and unfriendly are some of the words used to describe her. 'I don't know anyone,' says one insider, 'who has ever had a good word to say about her.'
From that description of her it's not much of a stretch to imagine her 'arrogantly refusing'. The book also makes note that she's a very solitary woman, only accepting invitations to select neo-Nazi functions, and that she's only ever given one interview in her life; other requests for interview are simply ignored.

Good for Herr Heydrich on refusing politely though. It must have been extremely difficult for the man to have fashioned a life for himself outside of his father and the Nazis, and one can hardly blame him for wanting to protect that life he built and probably that of his own children and grandchildren.

Dragunov77

Post by Dragunov77 » 20 Jul 2009, 18:55

Annelie wrote:
Interviews were taken or attempted amongst others with Gudrun Himmler (arrogantly refused), Martin Bormann Jr. (politely and openly obliged) and Heider Heydrich (who politely, yet firmly refused to talk about the past).
Why do you say arrogantly refused? if I were her and probably pestered my whole life about my Father I too
would refuse! Good for Heider Heydrich, refusing to speak about the past. What could he possibly add to
what has already been said, researched over and over again? He has lived an exemplarily life and probably
would like to put the past of his Father behind him especially that his age?
That's what the journalist said. Maybe I should have used "quotation" marks. I just wanted to share what I read. Sorry.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 20 Jul 2009, 19:14

Dragunov77,

:D You have nothing to apologize for.

Thanks for sharing.

Translator

Post by Translator » 24 Feb 2010, 20:11

I wanted to add a belated reply to my original postings on this thread (as I see it's been continued over the years)...I did discover several years ago that Heider Heydrich - the Heider Heydrich I knew in Colorado, USA and who passed away in 1995 - was, indeed, the son of Heinz Heydrich, who was the brother of Reinhard Heydrich. This is precisely what Heider told me when we became friends back in the late 1980s...and as this thread clarifies, there were two Heider Heydrichs; one born in 1934 to Reinhard Heydrich and the other born in 1937 to Heinz Heydrich. Thus, no one was trying to impersonate anyone else...it was simply a matter of clarifying the difference between two like-named cousins. I can say this in summation, however: the notoriety of the Heydrich name certainly dogged my friend his entire life, and is one large reason why he left Europe and moved to the US.

Tom Simmons (Translator)

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 24 Feb 2010, 21:03

Thankyou for the clarification.

Stops some of us from wondering.

Never thought to ask before but of what did Heider Heydrich pass away of?
He was quite young.

Translator

Post by Translator » 25 Feb 2010, 03:21

Heider passed away from pneumonia brought on by later stage emphysema.

T.

Helge

Post by Helge » 16 Jun 2010, 12:47

Heinz Heydrich Brother of Reinhard Heydrich, committed suicide on the eastern front, 1944. Heinz Heydrich 5 children: 3 sons and 2 daughters: Peter Heydrich , Isa Heydrich , Ingrid Heydrich , Heider Heydrich and Hartmut Heydrich
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”