Hans Kammler

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
giselher
Financial supporter

Re: Hans Kammler

Post by giselher » 09 Jul 2010 08:30

yes, sure, great info that is. And the earth is a disc..... Tilman

Dieter Zinke
Forum Staff

Post by Dieter Zinke » 09 Jul 2010 08:36

:P :P :P
Oh Lord, will you allow that brain rains from the heaven 8O

D. Z.

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 10 Jul 2010 04:23

The likelihood is that Kammler, a man with so much blood on his hands, committed suicide. Knowing that he was responsible for the London Blitz, Kammler would have expected to be handed over for war crimes trials to Great Britain.
It was General Dornberger and von Braun, along with hundreds of other scientists, who were brought to the US. They denied culpability for the mistreatment of prisoners at Nordhausen, which they blamed on the SS (Kammler would have been most culpable for this 'mistreatment' ie starvation-wages and murders). As for the UFO stuff, the Nazi technical files could have been taken by the US military without his presence or expertise.

waffen-IDF

Post by waffen-IDF » 10 Jul 2010 05:51

London Blitz-seriously? Come one on, the British fired bomb Hamburg, Dresden and Berlin.

Medi

Post by Medi » 10 Jul 2010 14:51

waffen-IDF wrote:London Blitz-seriously? Come one on, the British fired bomb Hamburg, Dresden and Berlin.

This is true my friend, but the victors are the judges of whats to be considered a "crime" and whats not.
Always have and always will...... :cry:

AmonMauser
Banned

Post by AmonMauser » 10 Jul 2010 18:20

paolosilv wrote:The likelihood is that Kammler, a man with so much blood on his hands, committed suicide. Knowing that he was responsible for the London Blitz, Kammler would have expected to be handed over for war crimes trials to Great Britain.
It was General Dornberger and von Braun, along with hundreds of other scientists, who were brought to the US. They denied culpability for the mistreatment of prisoners at Nordhausen, which they blamed on the SS (Kammler would have been most culpable for this 'mistreatment' ie starvation-wages and murders). As for the UFO stuff, the Nazi technical files could have been taken by the US military without his presence or expertise.
mistreatment of prisoners at Nordhausen? really? who dropped two atomic bombs which killed only civilians? and what about Werner von Braun who was brought to the U.S. so they could exploit his rocket knowledge and whose rockets were solely used on London's population not to mention the Nazi doctors who experimented on Jews. They could have easily brought over Kammler and given him a alias.
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae127/ethanrom222/ahnenerbecastleopener-1.jpg

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 25 Jul 2010 10:36

I'm not going to compare acts between Allies trying to end Nazi tyranny, and the worst exemplar of Nazi tyranny. Kammler was SS General in charge of V2 rocket production; slave labor at camps like Nordhausen; and he helped construct the gas chambers at Auschwitz Birkenau (source: Van Pelt, The Case for Auschwitz).

I 've looked at a number of books, and none of them gives any conclusive evidence about what became of Kammler. von Braun and General Dornberger were brought to the US along with other rocket scientists; however, Kammler was not a rocket scientist but an administrator. The US succeeded in capturing the V2 rocket technology, with or without him; all files on him in the US National Archive are sealed, acc to British author, Nick Cook (Atlantic Magazine), hence we have to wait until 2045 for them to be unsealed.

yours Paolo

AmonMauser
Banned

Post by AmonMauser » 25 Jul 2010 18:04

paolosilv wrote:I'm not going to compare acts between Allies trying to end Nazi tyranny, and the worst exemplar of Nazi tyranny. Kammler was SS General in charge of V2 rocket production; slave labor at camps like Nordhausen; and he helped construct the gas chambers at Auschwitz Birkenau (source: Van Pelt, The Case for Auschwitz).

I 've looked at a number of books, and none of them gives any conclusive evidence about what became of Kammler. von Braun and General Dornberger were brought to the US along with other rocket scientists; however, Kammler was not a rocket scientist but an administrator. The US succeeded in capturing the V2 rocket technology, with or without him; all files on him in the US National Archive are sealed, acc to British author, Nick Cook (Atlantic Magazine), hence we have to wait until 2045 for them to be unsealed.

yours Paolo
but he knew about the Die Glocke experiments.
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae127/ethanrom222/ahnenerbecastleopener-1.jpg

Biofan

Post by Biofan » 09 Jan 2011 22:48

Hello.
According to Bender' s Uniforms, Organisation and History of the Waffen-SS, Vol. 2, he was head of Amt IX of the SS-FHA.
Is that correct ?

wolfguy

Post by wolfguy » 12 Jan 2011 17:52

Wasn't Kammler ordered to shoot von Braun at the end of the war to keep him from falling into Allied hands?

Wolfguy

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 15 Jan 2011 08:34

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Kammler
Google translation
It looks like they've updated his bio :

Hans Friedrich Karl Franz Kammler (* August 26th 1901 in Stettin , † unknown, death, judicial declaration on May 9th 1945 by decision of the district court of Berlin-Charlottenburg on 7 September 1948), was a German architect, director of construction and military projects in German Reich , SS Group leader and General of the Waffen-SS Division in a rocket launcher. As head of the construction of the SS, he was responsible for all the concentration camp 's buildings, including the crematoria and gas chambers . At war's end, he ordered a massacre of 208 unarmed civilians in Warstein of 21 to 23 March 1945.

Life
Educational background and life until 1933
At the birth of Hans was the father Franz Kammler lieutenant of the German army and rose to the rank of colonel of infantry and later at the police. From 1908 to 1918 Hans Kammler attended school and humanistic schools in Bydgoszcz , Ulm and Gdansk , where he took off the Graduate 1919th
Kammler was national conservative-minded and came so very early in February 1919 as a volunteer in the second Hussars Regiment "Queen Victoria of Prussia," No. 2 one. Because of the imminent demobilization of his unit, he moved from late May to late July 1919 to the Rossbach Freikorps in border protection . In October 1919, Kammler a degree in Architecture with specialization in structural engineering at the TH Danzig - a term he studied at the Technical University of Munich . During the study Kammler was a member of the dueling fraternity ATV Cimbria. On 25 October 1923, he completed degree at the Technical University of Gdansk with the degree from the engineer. [1]
From 1924 to 1925 he was with the initial position Regierungsbauführer in the Prussian civil service in buildings constructed. From February 1924 to February 1925 he had the construction management of large settlement Zehlendorf held. From 1925 to 1928 he designed and oversaw the construction of settlements, including Berlin and Bochum and he participated in competitions for general development plans and the execution of large buildings. On 4 February 1928 was the state examination and was appointed government architect. From April 1928 to March 1931 he took a position as a civil servant and was part-time scientific officer at the Imperial Research Society for Efficiency in Construction and Housing act. strength of the young Archtitects was in the planning and organization of work processes in large buildings . [2]

On 14 June 1930, he married Jutta Horn (born April 12, 1908 in Naumburg ). Kammler, the couple had several children.
From 1 April 1931 to 1st September 1933 Kammler worked as a clerk in the Foundation for the Advancement of Building Research in Berlin , at the Ministry of Labour was located. [3] On 29 November 1932 received his doctorate he taught at the Technical University of Hanover for the Doctor of Engineering. [4]

Involvement with the Nazis and career advancement []
Kammlers SS-Range [5] [6]
Date Rang
20. April 1936 SS-Untersturmführer
1. August 1940 SS-Standartenführer
1. June 1941 SS-Oberführer
20. April 1942 SS Brigade Commander and Major General of the Waffen-SS
30. January 1944 SS-group leader and lieutenant general of the Waffen-SS
1. March 1945 SS Group leader and general of the Waffen-SS
Towards the end of the Weimar Republic to radicalized political Kammler. Kammler was in early March 1932 in the Nazi party a (Membership 1,011,855) and 20 May 1933 in the SS (SS-Nr. 113 619). [5]

From 1931 to 1933 he worked as a clerk in the Greater Berlin Gauleiter of the Nazi Party. He was there and in the SS in many different areas of work volunteers. Before the takeover by the Nazis , he was the Greater Berlin Gau in the engineering department working for. At times he was in the SS for his assault and his standard for the detection of Aryan descent responsible. From 1933 to 1936 he was Head of the Department of Housing and Human Settlements in the Greater Berlin Gauleiter of the Nazi Party. In 1937 he became speaker training for the Berlin police as. Of 1933, Kammler was charged by his party the Reich Federation of allotment holders and small settlers, who had over a million members.
On 10 October Kammler in the Reich Ministry of Food and Agriculture (RMEL) Date. He was secretary for Rural Settlements in the Department VII Associated were a number of important items such as including the head of the Reich Committee for Bauvergabe expert, member of the Senate of the German Academy of Building Research, liaison officer of the Empire RMEL to all ministries in the building code. In August 1934 the Governing Council in RMEL Kammler was appointed. On 1 June 1936, Kammler as a consultant for construction affairs in the Reich Air Ministry, RLM) was added (. On 1 November 1936 was promoted to government building officer and 1st June 1937 to the upper government building officer. In 1939 he became a group leader in the construction RLM promoted.

On 1 August 1940 was to Kammler SS Main Office administration and business transferred. On 1 June 1941 he joined the Waffen-SS and became the head of the SS Main Office for Budget and Construction appointed. After the founding of the SS Economic and Administration Main Office (WVHA) in early February 1942, he directed the Office Group C (construction) of the WVHA to war. [7]

Here he led the overall supervision of all concentration camp construction projects, including the gas chambers and crematoria, which is why he "technocrat of destruction" are can as well. [8] for example, he ordered the late summer of 1942 in which plans for the new crematoria at Auschwitz-Birkenau to revise its previously projected to Kremierungsleistung of 2650 corpses a day (80000/Monat) appeared insufficient to him. [9] In addition, he was general secretary for the German construction program of the leader on the staff of Dr. Robert Ley .

Since August 1943 Kammler was responsible for the development of underground production of A4-rocket program . On 1 September 1943 he was the Reich Leader SS Heinrich Himmler on the "Special Representative of the Reich Leader SS for the A-4 program" under SS Group leader Oswald Pohl appointed. [10] In Kamm's leadership began underground relocation of missile production in the tunnels of the Kohnstein . [11 ] Albert Speer , identified by the war, the so-called " Central Works "at Nordhausen as" real-time action. " The underground factory was unprecedented in Europe and was "unsurpassed even by American terms" there. [12]

With B8 Rock Crystal Kammler created in 1944 one of the largest and most modern underground factories for Me-262 jet-fighter planes in St. Georgen / Gusen near Mauthausen . [13]

In August 1944 he was responsible for the use of V2 rocket had been assigned. [7] From September 1944 were rocket attacks on London , Paris and later in Antwerp and Brussels instead. Kammler was to the SS-Division zV retaliation) is assumed to have been (. It was several mortar batteries. The staff was the beginning of 1945 about 11,000 men, the missile sites were located in late 1944 in the Netherlands, Belgium and West Germany. With the advance of the Allies had the missile sites in Belgium and the Netherlands to be abandoned, and the positions in the west of Germany had to be evacuated.

Kammler was on the retreat with his staff in the near Warstein. There, troops arrived, the SS troops on Russian foreign workers who were also in retreat and camps were housed in makeshift. In the Arnsberg Forest (including Warstein and Suttrop) Kammler was in three shootings of 21 to 23 März 1945 208 members of these gangs of foreign workers, including women and children shot, because they had committed excesses allegedly. [14]

Kammler's death [ Edit ]
On 3 April 1945, Kammler was the last time when Hitler and made him obviously hopes. "Kamm makes the excellent, and you set him on high hopes." ( Goebbels , diary April 4, 1945). While Kammler in Hitler's bunker , where the General was still dashing, he indicated on 13 April compared to spear his future plans at. The war was lost, and it would be better to sell even now. He wanted in connection with the Allies and contact them weapons technology in exchange for his personal freedom latest offer. [15]

After 23 April 1945 Kammler went first to Ebensee in Austria , where a meeting of SS officers came, and the morning of 4 May, after Prague . Compared with the journalist Gunter d'Alquen, Kammler predicted that "we will do something in Prague." [16] On the evening of 4 May began of the Prague Uprising . The last German resistance was the invasion of the Red Army on 9 May 1945 broken.

Kammler is on the evening of 9 May 1945 suicide [17] have committed. This was so in the trial of the subordinates Kammler's because of his unit of 20 from to 22 March perpetrated the massacre of foreign workers in the Arnsberg Forest is, on 9 Arnsberg began in December 1957. This district court ruling in the case of the detained, that is accompanied by his aide-de-camp Kammler and a driver beginning of May 1945 in Prague and the Prague uprising and was the surrender of German forces saw the . On 9 May he escaped with two cars from the city. After he already had said, "it was for him no purpose," he was in a wooded area south of Prague, stopped by. He called companion, on his own in Germany eke by, and went into the forest. Shortly thereafter, he was there by his aide and the driver found dead. He had apparently committed suicide with cyanide using. The body was then hastily from the present spot buried. By order of the District Court Berlin-Charlottenburg , 7 September 1948 is at the request of the widow Jutta Kammler Hans Kammler's death for the ninth time of death May 1945 was determined by a court. The body Kammler was never found. After the war there were always new versions of death, which were very inconsistent in part. It is clear that Kammler's track in the last days of the war in Bohemia lost. A Czech government commission was the sixties, none of the versions of the whereabouts Kammler confirm. 1947/48 led the military intelligence service of the U.S. Army (CIC) study of Kammler's fate in relation to the smuggling of nuclear material by with. It was assumed that they had succeeded Kammler, hiding in Austria and the Soviet Union on the transfer of valuable documents and construction documents in the hearing to stand with [18] .

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 15 Jan 2011 14:01

Never rely upon Wikipedia as a primary source. It's full of inaccuracies.
Max.

steve248

Post by steve248 » 15 Jan 2011 16:25

I agree with Max - Wikipedia is the last place I would look for information about anything.

Dieter Zinke
Forum Staff

Post by Dieter Zinke » 16 Jan 2011 18:48

steve248 wrote:I agree with Max - Wikipedia is the last place I would look for information about anything.
Quite surprising: In the german version of the "Kammler-article" by Wikipedia my Christian name - given under source material - was changed to Dietrich without my permission. :roll:
Result: a very sloppy work also in important negligibilities - but pars pro toto !

Dieter Z.

MAB

Post by MAB » 20 Jan 2011 06:17

I have been looking into Kammler since I read Nick Cook's book when it came out. Although I've run into the many problems you all have, there were a couple of things I have found out. I contacted Technische Universitat Munchen (http://portal.mytum.de/welcome/) where Kammler had allegedly attended and received his engineering degree. The archives department of TUM responded to my e-mail, it is reproduced below but was translated into English by Freetranslation.com. Please excuse any errors, as I do not speak German, and let me know of any inaccuracies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Historisches Archiv TUM
Arcisstraße 21, 80333 München
Eva Maria Hölzl M.A.
089-289 25306
hoelzl@zv.tum.de

from Hölzl, Eve Maria <Hoelzl@zv.tum.de>
to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
data Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 9:56 AT THE
subject A 36.2010_Hans Kammler mailed by zv. tum. de

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX, our existence "personal files studying" contains an act with the registration arch of
the studying Hans Kammler. Following data are indicated among other things on the registration
arch: Born: 26.8.1901 place of birth: Stettin, Prussia (Pomerania) state of the father: Colonel of the
Landjägerei previously visited schools and universities: Danzig municipal secondary school;

technical university Danzig by 1919 to 1921,
diploma preaudit at the TH Danzig 29.10.1921.
Matriculation TH Munich: 29.04.1922
specialty: Architecture
Exmatrikulation: 18.07.1922

Hans Kammler left accordingly the TH Munich already after a semester again. A résumé is not enclosed
the act. Unfortunately we control no further information. Nevertheless I hope to have helped along
you a few.

Archive historic with kind regards Eve Hölzl TUM Arcisstraße 21, 80333 Munich Eve Maria Hölzl M. A.
089-289 25306 hoelzl@zv.tum.de

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to the apparent affirmation of his attendance at TUM, I found two articles from an American Newspaper and from Stars and Stripes that had mentioned Kammler. The first is from the Chicago Tribune entitled "General Called Power of Nazis" in which they had a surprisingly long article on him. They raised the many questions we do and gave a general history of his work and they wondered where he went to after the war. I found their mention of the "central figure in some 20 court days of testimony and proceedings here " interesting as I have found no indication of records from those "20 days". Furthermore I am assuming that the "court" they reference is the Nuremberg Trials, if this assumption is wrong let me know. The second article from Stars and Stripes named Kammler indirectly during a trial of a SS officer under Kammler who was said to have committed murder. The photos are reproduced below, the first from the Chicago Tribune, and the second from Stars and Stripes. My flickr name is m.bores and you can see the full page articles to ensure no parts listed below were cut or edited in any way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25589636@N02/5371464527/
Part one of two from Chicago Tribune
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25589636@N02/5372070436/
Part two of two from Chicago Tribune
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25589636@N02/5371444637/
Part one of one from Stars and Stripes

Of all the government agencies/offices/et cetera I have asked (USAF, USCG, USMC, US Army, CIA, NARA, NASA, NSA, FBI, and other private organizations) the only other documents I have received were from the CIA. They indicated they had documents and gave me a list as well as around 8-12 documents. The documents were from underground bunkers that were signed off by Kammler. It is unclear whether these underground bunkers were actually built or only proposed. Several of the bunkers indicated that construction had started and listed water and electricity requirements accompanied with diagrams and locations. I do not have those documents scanned and will attempt to post them at a later date.

Please leave your comments on what you think these articles mean or anything whatsoever. I am eager to gather more information from whatever sources I can. I discovered the above pictures through ancestry.com which was quite surprisingly actually.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”