help with research

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Redbaron1908

help with research

Post by Redbaron1908 » 31 Jan 2003, 00:55

hi i had an assingment to make a synopsis on the SS during the holocaust
here is my document please make any comment you have regarding thigas that are in correct or mispelled or other errors

Schutzstaffel

The SS or Schutzstaffel was created in April 1925 as an organization to protect Adolf

Hitler. As hitler gained power so did the Schutzstaffel, by the height of it’s power the Schutzstaffel

was said to be a state within a state. The SS was the perpetrator behind the Holocaust. At the end

of the war the Schutzstaffel was condemned a criminal organization.

To begin with the Schutzstaffel was broken up into two main groups. One was the Waffen

SS, the other was the Allgemeine SS. The Waffen SS was the military branch of the Schutzstaffel,

they had nothing to do with the Holocaust. The Allgemeine SS was the political branch of the

Schutzstaffel, under it there were many smaller organizations. Many of which had direct ties to the

Holocaust. For example the RSHA or (Reichssicherheitshauptamt) was in charge of organizations

like the Gestapo and Einztagruppen.

Heinrich Himmler was the person who was in charge of the Schutzstaffel from 1929 to 1945.

He expanded the Schutztaffel into the most powerful organization in the Third Reich. Another

important man in the Schutzstaffel was Reinhard Heydrich. He was the Head of the RSHA, he knew

exactly what was being done to the victims of the Holocaust. Theodor Eicke headed the death camps

from July 1934 to November 1939. Although the mass executions had not yet begun when he was in

power. The main organization responsible for the mass killings was the SS Economic and Administrative

Main Office or WVHA, they were put in charge of the camps in 1942. The Tokenfobande were the actual

guards at the death camps. Most of the time they are refered to as the Death Head Units. They relied upon

the Gestapo to supply them with their victims.

In conclusion the Schutzstaffel was a complex organization that rose from a mere two hundred

members to a huge part of the Reich. They were the perpetrators behind the holocaust. Led by Heinrich

Himmler they tried to exterminate the so called undesirables.

redbaron

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 31 Jan 2003, 02:20

It could be relevant to start your report with the rise of the SA as well, although only by a few lines...

Christian

Redbaron1908

i

Post by Redbaron1908 » 31 Jan 2003, 23:04

i thought about that but scince we had to keep the paper short and i only had to talk about the schutzstaffel. do you have any more comments thank you

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”