The Reichsführer-SS in Hasselt

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
-Michael

The Reichsführer-SS in Hasselt

Post by -Michael » 15 Jul 2009 10:27

In my local newspaper I read an article about a visit of the Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler in Hasselt (Belgium). The article says that there was a grand banquet for the Reichsführer-SS in the first winter of the war, in the restaurant of the hotel 'De Drie Pistolen' in Hasselt. The following day the Reichsführer-SS held a speech in Hasselt and disappeared.
Is there some prove of this?

dwicky

Re: The Reichsführer-SS in Hasselt

Post by dwicky » 21 Nov 2011 23:55

According to some notes I have in a notepad, there should be something related to this in Himmler's Dienstkalender, 17th of May, 1940. Although, in my notes it mentions a "Hotel Warson".
I think these notes are from the Karl Brandt-biography from Schmidt, but they might as well be from the Himmler-biography by Longerich. I used to be very careless of my notes, so they're not that a reliable source. I suggest you look it up in the mentioned books.
I'm waiting for Schmidt's book to arrive in my mailbox since I've ordered my own copy of it. If I find something to add, I'll let you know.

Helge

Re: The Reichsführer-SS in Hasselt

Post by Helge » 22 Nov 2011 04:20

Heinrich Himmler A Life Peter Longerich 492.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”