Siegfried in the Führerbegleitkommando

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Streckenbach
Banned

Siegfried in the Führerbegleitkommando

Post by Streckenbach » 15 Oct 2009 16:10

[Split from "Did Hitler ever drive ?"]

Hello Folks,
Hitler never drive,he not even intend when he was younger. There is a german saying about it: Der Führer war ein armes Schwein er hatte keinen Führerschein" The Führer was an poor pig, he has n´t got a driverslicence. And this is a fact. A cousine of mine he was in the "Führerbegleitkommando" a company of SS Soldiers, handpicked regarding personal appearance, tall, blond , nordic etc. under the comand of Colonel Rattenhuber, and he told me after the war that Hitler never ever drove one of his cars, not because of security reasons only, but he never learned to drive a car and he dosn´t had a licence. And by the way, what would it been look like,tha Führer driving his owne car He always had his drivers. First when he started, his driver Julius Schreck,and later during the war , Kempka. My cousins name is Siegfried, he is still alive, and in his prime he loked like a such 1,86 , redish blond etc. He was one of the last to go, after Hitlers dead in the Bunker. But he was aptured by the russians on the outskirts of Berlin and spend 5 Years over there, first two years in the Lubjanka at Moskwa, because the rusians where trying to got some thing out of him about Hitlers dead , by all means, and then 3 years in a camp.
Ghost

sinatra1989

Re: Siegfried in the Führerbegleitkommando

Post by sinatra1989 » 19 Oct 2009 13:30

Streckenbach wrote:Hello Folks,
Hitler never drive,he not even intend when he was younger.There is a german saying about it: Der Führer war ein armes Schwein er hatte keinen Führerschein" The Führer was an poor pig,he has n´t got a driverslicence. And this is a fact.A cousine of mine he was in the "Führerbegleitkommando" a company of SS Soldiers,handpicked regarding personal appearance,tall,blond ,nordic etc.under the comand of Colonel Rattehuber,and he told me after the war that Hitler never ever drove one of his cars,not because of security reasons only,but he never learned to drive a car and he dosn´t had a licence. And by the way,what would it been look like,tha Führer driving his owne car He always had his drivers.First when he started, his driver Julius Schreck,and later during the war ,Kempka.My cousins name is Siegfried,he is still alive,and in his prime he loked like a such 1,86 ,redish blond etc.He was one of the last to go,after Hitlers dead in the Bunker.But he was aptured by the russians on the outskirts of Berlin and spend 5 Years over there, first two years in the Lubjanka at Moskwa,because the rusians where trying to got some thing out of him about Hitlers dead ,by all means, and then 3 years in a camp.
Ghost
Hello,
You say your cousin is still alive and was in the bunker at the end? May I ask what his full name is. The only person known to be still alive from the Berlin Bunker is Rochus Misch. The last person to pass away was sadly SIEGFRIED Knappe- on December 1st 2008.

This would be very interesting to hear about?

Streckenbach
Banned

Post by Streckenbach » 22 Oct 2009 00:07

Hello Sinatra,
nice to know that at least some one are interested to know the facts.Unfurtunatly I got to rectified my owne mail a bit, because there were several security services around Hitler,not only one.Not in a sense of bodyguards like in the so called "Kampfzeit"but organised services.
1.- FBK Fuehrerbegleitkommando,at the Reichskanzlei and Obersalzberg,later only in the Bunker. SS Soldiers standing Guards, in black Uniforms etc. as I described in my first mail.The commandig officer was SS Obersturmbannfueher Franz Schaedle.
2.- The RSD" Reichssicherheitsdienst" under the command of Brigadefuehrer Johann Rattenhuber,plainclothes criminalpolice men. Directly in charge of the security of Hitler was SS Standartenfuehrer Hoegl with those persons from the RSD .The RSD had nothing to do with the SD "Sicherheitsdienst. This people as well were present at the Obersalzberg and in the Bunker.
Now back to my cousine.Yes he is still alive.I think he must live near Hannover by now in a little Town named Neustadt am Ruebenberge.He was 22 or 23 when he came into russian custody,so he must been 87 or even 88 by now. His name is
Siegfried Bartelt ,born in Fritzow,Kreis Cammin Pommern.
The other story are Rochus Misch.The book he "wrote",titled" Ich war Leibwaechter Hitlers" I was the bodyguard of Hitler
are not written directly by him .He had gifen the story to a Lady and she wrote it under his supervision.
As we know by now Hitler has´t got a single Bodyguard,but a bunch of different services arround him.Rochus Misch never
was the bodyguard of Hitler,he just was in the Fuehrerbegleitkommando by chance,because he came back from the eastern front and Lazarett(Hospital) heavely wounded and not fit for any war activities,but fit enough for adminstration duties. So he was ordered to join the FBK and worked in the bunker as one of the Telefonoperators.Any other statement are fake.He never was or became Hitlers personal Bodyguard. If he are claiming this position,he is lying,for very obious
reasons.He was only Oberscharfuehrer,and if we compare him with the chiefbutler of Hitler,Linge,already being in the rank of Obersturmbannfuehrer,he would be at least Standartenfuhrer.Rochus Misch did´t toke part of the daily routine
,as a guard of honor etc. because he was considered an invalide and because of his duties as one of the telefonoperators.
He may be one of the last persons to leave the Bunker together with Hentschel a civil chief mechanic,but Siegfried Bartelt was also one of the last one to leave,but maybe in another group.I am happen to know the story so well because
I talked it over and over again with him.
Ghost
is

sinatra1989

Post by sinatra1989 » 22 Oct 2009 09:15

Hello,

First of all, I do not believe Rochus Misch has ever claimed to be one of Hitler's personal bodyguards. I have personally met Herr Misch and he stated he never was one. He would get orders from Hitler's personal adjutants, to do certain jobs for the "boss".

In regards to your cousin, this is a very interesting story indeed. I have found that your story checks out- that he lives in Neustadt am Rübenberge.

So am I right in thinking he was never actually in the Führerbunker, but more of a guard near the bunker?

Any more info on the events that your cousin has told you, that happened near the end of April 1945 would be very grateful.
Regards,
Tom.

Streckenbach
Banned

Post by Streckenbach » 22 Oct 2009 14:53

Hello Sinatra,
thank you for your respond.You are saying Rochus Misch never claimed to be Hitlers bodyguard.OK,maybe not himself,but his book are titled "Ich war der Leibwächter von Hitler" despite the fact that he was a simple invalide telefonoperator
in the rank of oberscharfuehrer.One more thing ,what makes you thinking that Siegfried Bartelt my cousine never was in the actually Bunker,just because he lives now at Neustadt am Rübenberge? As far as I know he was in the Bunker up to the final moment.Suizide of Hitler and Eva Braun.He told me a lot of details which only a person could know who was directly involved in this issue.I did´t wrote my answer in order to discredit Rochus Misch or to glorify my cousin,I am
simple let you know some facts.On the other hand the Lady who wrote the story of Rochus Misch,was even trying to blame him for his duties in the Bunker,she was upset about his services and told him ,e.g." How could you,how could you serve under this monster and being together with him all the time." How stupid of her,so as there being another option for Rochus.
Ghost

sinatra1989

Post by sinatra1989 » 22 Oct 2009 15:59

Hello,

I agree with you in response to his book title, however I believe the word "bodyguard" is meant more in a general term- rather than personal bodyguard.

In regards to your cousin, no I did not mean that. All I meant was, from my searching I can see that a person named Siegfried Bartelt currently lives in Neustadt am Rübenberge.

In reference to him not being in the bunker,I came to this conclusion, as I have seen nowhere, in any references/books/eyewitness reports/ interrogation files/television programmes, a mention of a person named Siegfried Bartelt being in the bunker.

I would have thought that over the years, with the amount of information that has come out about the events of April 1945, his name would have come up. The only person I know that no-one seems to really know about that was present in 1945 in Karl Weigel- Rochus Misch mentioned him in a documentary. I believe he was at the entrance to the Führerbunker, coming down from the Vorbunker.

I have scanned over the Musmanno collection also, which is a mass collection of eyewitness interrogation reports on the bunker events and again, not one person claimed that a Siegfried Bartelt was present.

I would be curious to know more details- i.e. what your cousin actually did in the bunker? What did he do when Hitler and Eva died?

I am not discrediting your claim, I would merely like to know more as it seems a bit of a mystery, which, if true, would be quite important information.

Regards,
Tom.

Streckenbach
Banned

Post by Streckenbach » 22 Oct 2009 21:40

Hey Tom,
thank you for your mail.I do´t think you will find anything on him.He was not even oberscharfuehrer and one of so many soldiers,first at the Reichskanzlei and later inside the Bunker.He was standig Guard some where,but courios enough
he ones told me ,he dont saw Hitlers dead body,despite the fact that he was most of the time outside of Hitlers rooms
,guarding the entrance.Of course he could´t be there 24 hours a day.But nevertheless I don,t think nobody has the complete namelist of the members at the FBK, being in the Bunker at the last days. The wll known Person,like Bormann,Stumpfegger, Dr. Gebhardt,the secretaries, the dietcook,all the Generals like Krebs,Burgdorf,Schaub,Mohnke,Rattenhuber,Schaedl,
Wünsche,Chiefbutler Linge,General Baur,Artur Axmann,Rochus Misch ,Hentschel the Chiefmechanic etc. etc. they all part of the History by now. But a simple SS Soldier in his very early 20th.? I think Rochus was mentioned in all those books
because he was there,they could speak to him and he was telephon operator,otherwise nobody would care
And the other story is ,Siegfried B. was captured when he tried to make his way from the Bunker through the russian lines,and was brought few days later to Moskow.He spend 2 years at the Lubjanka and later three years in on of those russian
camps.So there will be no one single sheet of paper in western hands.And him self,he was not interested in any kind of publicity in those days.He was trying to get a decent job,he married ,raised children and finaly build his home in Neustadt.Later on he did´t care less,because he had different worries.He is a pomeranian,very quiet and straight forward people and I got no reason to distrusted his statements.So what could I tell you more,if he is going to be like his mother,she became almost 100,then he will be still arround some more years.But I don´t think so he had Bypasses 8 years ago and he is not the Siegfried a happen to know.
All the Best
Ghost

sinatra1989

Post by sinatra1989 » 23 Oct 2009 19:56

Hello,

Well I thank you for bringing this information to the forum's attention and shedding some more light on the people from the bunker.

I would be very interested to personally hear from your cousin, however I understand that it is probably not possible. I believe it should go on record that another individual was there- another witness to the events.

Kind regards,
Tom.

Streckenbach
Banned

Post by Streckenbach » 16 Dec 2009 21:04

Hello Sinatra,

I just happen to speak with my cousin Siegfried by phone. He called me in order to say hello and wishing me a merry
Xmas.He seems to be in very good health and shape,because his voice sounded so claer and fresh.He is 88 by now,
but nevertheless I think he is more then able to speak with you.If you really interested in a true and autentic story,
listen to him.I would provide his Telephone Nr. if you wish.
All the best
Ghost

sinatra1989

Post by sinatra1989 » 15 Feb 2010 14:11

Streckenbach wrote:Hello Sinatra,

I just happen to speak with my cousin Siegfried by phone. He called me in order to say hello and wishing me a merry
Xmas.He seems to be in very good health and shape,because his voice sounded so claer and fresh.He is 88 by now,
but nevertheless I think he is more then able to speak with you.If you really interested in a true and autentic story,
listen to him.I would provide his Telephone Nr. if you wish.
All the best
Ghost
Hello,
Sorry it has been a while.
Yes please could you supply me with his telephone number- through a private message please.
I would be very interested to learn about another witnesses memories and views.

Kind regards,
Tom.

Streckenbach
Banned

Post by Streckenbach » 21 Feb 2010 19:47

Dear Sinatra,/Tom
I hope you received my privat mail with the Tel. Nr. of Siegfried.I just with him,and he told me go head, I (Siegfried)would love speaking to him.
Ghost

sinatra1989

Post by sinatra1989 » 21 Feb 2010 21:47

Streckenbach wrote:Dear Sinatra,/Tom
I hope you received my privat mail with the Tel. Nr. of Siegfried.I just with him,and he told me go head, I (Siegfried)would love speaking to him.
Ghost

Hello,
No I have not received the private message from you.
Please could you send it to me again.
I am looking forward to speaking with him,

kind regards,
Tom.

sinatra1989

Post by sinatra1989 » 25 Feb 2010 11:38

Streckenbach wrote:Dear Sinatra,/Tom
Ghost

Hello,
I spoke with your cousin the other day- thank you for giving me his no.

I have sent you a private message, if you could please read that.

Kind Regards,
Tom/

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 24 May 2017 04:13

I don´t know if this was posted before, if is posted, I´m sorry, I was looking for the photo in the forum and I couldn´t...

But someone know who are they? I think the man at the right of Hitler is Kempka (third since the left).

TIA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 24 May 2017 04:22

From left to right: August Korber, Adolf Dirr, Erich Kempka, AH, Bruno Gesche and Franz Schadle. These five men were all members of the original 8 members of the SS Begleitkommando. Obviously this photo was taken with this fact in mind. The other three members, Gelzenleuchter, Herzberger and Gildisch all left the service in 1933-34 period.

Mark Costa

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”