Karl Gebhardt

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
dwicky

Re: Karl Gebhardt

Post by dwicky » 03 Apr 2011 23:21

I just found this link
I had to delete the link to the website regarding Gebhardt's grave. If not, it could be targeted by left-wing extremists or neo-Nazis.

Dieter Z.
Is it a reliable source? If so, was Dina Gebhardt's wife and Marianne their child?

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 04 Apr 2011 11:28

Gebhardt was married to Marianne Hess on the 23rd October 1933 and trhey had two sons born born 27.7.1934 and 26.2.1937 Frau Gebhardt was born on the 3.9.1911 in Cham
Phil Nix

dwicky

Post by dwicky » 06 Apr 2011 12:02

Thank you very much. Is the source his personal file?
Edit: Was Marianne Hess related to Rudolf Hess in any way? In that case, how was she related to him?

This is off topic !! Please post this here:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewforum.php?f=77

Dieter Z.

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 06 Apr 2011 17:22

dwicky wrote:Thank you very much. Is the source his personal file?
Edit: Was Marianne Hess related to Rudolf Hess in any way? In that case, how was she related to him?
Yes
Phil Nix

dwicky

Post by dwicky » 20 Jun 2011 22:29

Hello, it's been a while. I have made a list over people there has been a mention of the Professor treating.

Himmler
Rosenberg
Darré
Wolff
Speer
Daluege
Heydrich

I have sources on all these. But there are three that I can only remember having been mentioned that I'd like sources on, so help would be much appreciated!

Hess
von dem Bach
The queen of Belgium

I read somewhere that Gebhardt treated Zelewski during his mental breakdown, but another source says it was Grawitz?

I am also curious about more specific info about the hangings in Landsberg am Lech on the second of June in '48. In the biography about Karl Brandt by Ulf Schmidt it mentions some detail but the reference just says "Maser 1979". Is Maser a paper? Or is Maser an author of a book? What is that book called if so? Another ref. is "'Seven hanged for brutality in Nazi camps' 1948" but it doesn't help me much..

A few other things that nag me: I know Gebhardt was an intimate friend of Himmler, so intimate that they even discussed Hitler's wrong-doings. But Himmler did this with Kersten too. Though Himmler sometimes called Gebhardt over just to talk about personal matters.. Who was the closest friend of Gebhardt and Kersten?
I'm also wondering about Gebhardt's and Karl Brandt's relationship. It's obvious that Brandt was a good friend of Speer and when Gebhardt almost killed Speer, what happened between Brandt and Gebhardt? Did their relationship deterioate from this? There is a mention of them being seen drinking together in October '44 though. Did Brandt just ignore what had happened?

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

/D

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 20 Jun 2011 23:01

Gebhardt was not an intimate friend of Himmler. This is a common mistake. It was Himmler's brother, Gebhard Himmler, who was at school with Karl Gebhardt and those two were friends. Himmler knew him through his elder brother, but their friendship could never be described as initimate.
Max.

dwicky

Post by dwicky » 20 Jun 2011 23:20

But there are letters that tell they had an intimate friendship! I know Gebhard and Karl were childhood-friends, but in the 30s Gebhardt and H. Himmler met and became friends. And in Peter Longerich's biography on Himmler, he has given examples with Bundesarchiv Berlin as a source. There is also the statement mention on the second page of this thread.

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 21 Jun 2011 00:53

Heinrich Himmler and Karl Gebhardt were acquainted before the 1930s as Karl and Gebhard were friends. Heinrich and Karl Gebhardt's acquaintance developed and they got to know each other better, but to describe it as an intimate friendship is misleading and has evolved through the translation of Karl Gebhardt's testimony. It is well known that Heinrich Himmler had only two close male friends throughout his life....Falk Zipperer and Heinrich's cousin Ludwig (I think that was his name off the top of my head.)
(See p32 "Heinrich Himmler" by Bradley Smith regarding Gebhardt's exaggerated subsequent claims of friendship with Heinrich Himmler.)
Max.

dwicky

Post by dwicky » 08 Jul 2011 12:00

A question about Gebhardt's jacket that he was wearing during the trial: Is it from a uniform or is it civilian? If from a uniform, which?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dieter Zinke
Forum Staff

Post by Dieter Zinke » 08 Jul 2011 13:18

dwicky wrote:A question about Gebhardt's jacket that he was wearing during the trial: Is it from a uniform or is it civilian? If from a uniform, which?
A revised SS-uniform is conceivable, see my example

Dieter Z.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andrey
Host - ABR sections

Post by Andrey » 08 Jul 2011 13:25

Dieter Zinke wrote:
dwicky wrote:A question about Gebhardt's jacket that he was wearing during the trial: Is it from a uniform or is it civilian? If from a uniform, which?

Dieter Z.
Dear Dieter,
I`m sorry, but who is this super smiling SS-Gruf???

Andrey.

dwicky

Post by dwicky » 08 Jul 2011 13:32

Dieter Zinke wrote:

Dieter Z.
Thank you VERY much. :D

Where can I find out more about this revising of uniforms?

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 09 Jul 2011 06:27

Are uniforms of neck closed.
Where can I find out more about this revising of uniforms?
Viewing photos of trials like Nuremberg and others, many defendants, have their uniforms devoid of any insignia.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Dieter Zinke
Forum Staff

Post by Dieter Zinke » 09 Jul 2011 07:28

Andrey wrote: Dear Dieter,

Andrey.
We have the pic (unpublished) from his son - and the man in question and his bio (ca.35 pages) will be seen
in volume 6 :)

Dieter Z.

Andrey
Host - ABR sections

Post by Andrey » 09 Jul 2011 10:00

Dieter Zinke wrote:
Andrey wrote: Dear Dieter,

Andrey.
We have the pic (unpublished) from his son - and the man in question and his bio (ca.35 pages) will be seen
in volume 6 :)

Dieter Z.
It is Dr. Otto Gustav Wächter as SS-Gruf.! :wink:

Andrey.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”