"Naked" SS-officers

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
John P. Moore

"Naked" SS-officers

Post by John P. Moore » 26 Jan 2013, 22:54

Earlier this week Marc Rikmanspoel advised me that a collector in the Czech Republic was attempting to contact me regarding the Totenkopfring of Sturmbannführer Reinhard Ellmenreich that had been found in the woods outside of Leitmeritz. Through an unusual set of coincidences I had letters from the 1990s from two other former Waffen-SS officers who traveled on foot with Ellmenreich from Melnik back to Germany in May 1945 after the war had ended, evading Czech partisans along the way. They stopped near Leitmeritz where they got rid of their SS identities. The amazing story that highlights the value of good research can be found here-

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... p?t=542226

John

John P. Moore

Re: SS Signal Officers - Leitmeritz Address

Post by John P. Moore » 28 Jan 2013, 01:23

Does anyone know the current street address of the former SS-Nachrichtenschule from 1945 at Leitmeritz/ Litoměřice in the Czech Republic?

John

lazybather

Re: "Naked" SS Officers

Post by lazybather » 28 Jan 2013, 10:03

Good morning john,

A site here examines the site;

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 47303998d8

And this information requires confirmation, but the barracks appear to be located on Na Vinici.

hope this helps

stuart :)

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 28 Jan 2013, 17:58

Thank you Stuart. The pictures are not quite what I imagined, but the appearance of the building is very similar in appearance the the former SS signal school in Metz, France that George Jerome posted about a year ago. I sent the link to a former student who was attending SS officer school there in 1945 to see if he confirms.

John

lazybather

Post by lazybather » 28 Jan 2013, 18:10

Glad to help John.

I just wasn't 100% sure it was the site you were searching for...

stuart :)

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 28 Jan 2013, 19:16

I just heard back from my veteran friend, Dr. Adalbert Lallier. He said the barracks pictured in the earlier link was not the SS Nachrichtenschule. He said "We were in the Leitmeritz Gymnasium (classical high school) for girls." but he did not know the address and he could not find it on Google maps.

A terrible war crime took place in April 1945 that invoved some members of the former SS signal school. In 1999 German detectives were contacting all former members of the Waffen-SS associated with Leitmeritz looking for witnesses to the shooting of concentration camp inmates who were forced to dig anti-tank ditches nearby in the advance of the Soviets. One former officer from Leitmeritz was especially thankful to me after I gave him a Tagesbefehl that said he was attending a company commanders course near Nurnberg when the shootings took place. After some students complained to the officer Lehrgruppe commander, Ostubaf. Willi Kruft, about the shootings a notice was posted telling everyone to forget about what they had seen of the regretable incident. None of the witnesses called to testify at the 2001 murder trial could remember seeing anything or was willing to tell the truth except for one man whose story can be found here.

http://ctr.concordia.ca/2000-01/Apr_12/ ... ndex.shtml

Hopefully, someone else can provide the exact address of the signal school in Leitmeritz.

John

mr.bismuth

Re: "Naked" SS-officers

Post by mr.bismuth » 02 May 2013, 12:18

The cousin of of my dad was stationed in the SS-Nachrichtenschule Leitmeritz during springtime 1945.
For decades this cousin by the name of Waldemar Behner from Pforzheim having the rank of an Unterscharführer was declared "missing in action". The last time my dad had seen his cousin was arround March 45 when Waldemar got a leave to go back to Pforzheim which had been bombed heavily by the Royal Airforce on February 23rd to take care about family affairs. Recently I learned that the body of Waldemar was recovered and burried at a war cemetery in Cheb (Eger).
Supposedly he died arround the village of Rovensko pod Troskami near Turnov/Turnau during the last days of the war in May 1945. I am looking forward doing some kind of a history tour together with my dad this summer in the Czech republic visiting several locations where his cousin had been during spring 1945.
It might be possible that Dr. Lallier might have known Waldemar when he served at the SS-Nachrichtenschule.
I am also interested to know what might have happened during the last days of the war arround Leitmeritz.

Moniroth You-Bell
Banned

SS-Uscha. Waldemar Behner

Post by Moniroth You-Bell » 02 May 2013, 14:37

SS-Uscha. Waldemar Behner

B: 05.02.22 Pforzheim/Württ.
MIA 00.05.45 Leitmeritz
SS-Uscha. SS-Nachr.Sch. Metz 00.03.45

mr.boehm

Post by mr.boehm » 11 Feb 2014, 13:36

Hi mr.bismuth,
I might know quite a lot about what happened to Waldemar Behner, cousin of your dad. If you want to find out more, don't hesitate to contact me, [email protected].
Looking forward...

Martti Lenz

Post by Martti Lenz » 23 May 2019, 02:29

John P. Moore wrote:
28 Jan 2013, 19:16
He said "We were in the Leitmeritz Gymnasium (classical high school) for girls." but he did not know the address and he could not find it on Google maps.
Hopefully, someone else can provide the exact address of the signal school in Leitmeritz.
Hello!
I know, it's been few years since last post there, but...
I have found four buildings which were used by SS here in Leitmeritz/Litoměřice before the end of war.
According to materials I was able to discover it was these:
1)
Dlouhá 221/6 or Vavřinecká 221/2, Litoměřice
50.5334747N, 14.1344408E
https://www.stredniskoly.cz/image/users ... 16f6e0.jpg
https://www.zivefirmy.cz/media/fotos/19 ... 68_max.jpg
2)
Na Valech 582/53, Litoměřice
50.5368639N, 14.1283147E
https://mapio.net/images-p/41928703.jpg
https://mapio.net/images-p/57099360.jpg
3)
Boženy Němcové 873/2, Litoměřice
50.5383947N, 14.1324936E
http://www.litomerice-leitmeritz.net/pu ... llsize.jpg
http://www.litomerice-leitmeritz.net/pu ... llsize.jpg
4)
Eliášova 913/7, Litoměřice
50.5385244N, 14.1317425E
https://foto.turistika.cz/foto/r/550/55 ... olicie.jpg
https://img.oldthing.net/8867/23735887/ ... merice.jpg

I hope this will help.
Greetings from Leitmeritz,
Martti

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 23 May 2019, 19:13

Martti - Thank you for posting this information. I sent your post to my friend Dr. Adalbert Lallier, who was an officer student at Leitmeritz Nachrichtenschule in April 1945. Here is his response from today - "Thanks for the four different photo sites, it's definitively the three-door building in photo 2, recalling instant memories. About the"naked SS officers", I do not understand the relevance, but will now look up the Leitmeritz candidates list because the "missing" one's name sounds very familiar, possibly because he may have been in my squad of twelve Junkers on May 7th, when the entire school was grouped into twelve squads of twelve Junkers commanded by an officer and sent, armed with brand new Sturmgewehre and one each with a Panzetfaust, against the hundreds of T-34 that had broken through Teplitz, only about 50 miles away. We were shipped byWaffen-SS trucks into the Bohemian forest by late afternoon, were unloaded and soon heard the typical sound of T-34 motors approaching at about two kilometers, but remained hiding in the dense Woods. They came still closer so that we could finally see it. Everyone was waiting. Suddenly a high-German voice could be heard from the T-34 side: "Gebt auf, ihr seid umzingelt, es wird euch nichts passieren" (give up, your're surrounded, you will not be hurt). Our officer, Frauendiener, whispered "Seydlitz-Armee", and got ready to blast off his Panzerfaust. A repeat warning, backed by monstrous machine-gun fire from the T-34, that we could now clearly see, with its insignia of the Seidlitz-Armee. Frauendiener yelle "schiessen und in den Wald laufen", with several Panzerfäuste blasting, putting that T-34 aflame amidst murderous tank grenade onslaught wounding several of our guys, but Barocka, Schmidt, Illiewich, Frauendiener, two other Reichsdeutsche, and I assembled deep in the woods, leaving the wounded behind, waiting until night fall and continued running northward toward Sachsen. As you already know, finding and carrying for two days a bleeding girl dressed in remnants of a Rotkreuzschwester, who had been multiply raped and was dying. We covered her with underbrushand continued running, burying our weapons in the afternoon of the third day, only seven of the thirteen had survived. I'll now look up the entire list of names of officer candidates, to help my memory about the guy mentioned here." Dr. Lallier wonders if you might know about his missing classmate, Uscha Behme. John Moore

Martti Lenz

Post by Martti Lenz » 28 May 2019, 04:14

Well, I'm really glad that my information helped.
But may I dare to ask Dr. Lallier some questions? There is in fact pretty small amount of information about the end of the war in my town and about Nachrichtenschule der Waffen-SS especially, so witness like Dr. Lallier is rare and immense treasure.
If yes, I would be grateful to ask:
1) What was in other 3 buildings from my list? All four were used by SS as far as I could find, so when 2) was the Nachrichtenschule, what were the other three used for?
2) When the Junkers/candidates left for Teplitz, there was other group of Waffen-SS personel that stayed in Leitmeritz up to the very end. 250 Waffen-SS members were reported to be present in Leitmeritz on 8th May (According to Major Schneider, second in command of Leitmeritzer Wehrmacht garrison they belonged also to Nachrichtenschule). Does Dr.Lallier remember/know who they were?
3) On May 5th,1945 moved 4.Kompanie/"SS-Wachbataillon 2, Prag" from Terezín/Theresienstadt in direction Leitmeritz. Did they stay in Leitmeritz or continued movement elsewhere?
I would be very grateful for any answer and I'm looking forward to it.
Moreover, I will truly appreciate any information or memory about Nachrichtenschule in Leitmeritz or about functioning of Nachrichtenschule at all...

With the best wishes to Dr. Lallier
Martti

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 04 Dec 2019, 23:20

John P. Moore wrote:
28 Jan 2013, 19:16
I just heard back from my veteran friend, Dr. Adalbert Lallier. He said the barracks pictured in the earlier link was not the SS Nachrichtenschule. He said "We were in the Leitmeritz Gymnasium (classical high school) for girls." but he did not know the address and he could not find it on Google maps.

A terrible war crime took place in April 1945 that invoved some members of the former SS signal school. In 1999 German detectives were contacting all former members of the Waffen-SS associated with Leitmeritz looking for witnesses to the shooting of concentration camp inmates who were forced to dig anti-tank ditches nearby in the advance of the Soviets. One former officer from Leitmeritz was especially thankful to me after I gave him a Tagesbefehl that said he was attending a company commanders course near Nurnberg when the shootings took place. After some students complained to the officer Lehrgruppe commander, Ostubaf. Willi Kruft, about the shootings a notice was posted telling everyone to forget about what they had seen of the regretable incident. None of the witnesses called to testify at the 2001 murder trial could remember seeing anything or was willing to tell the truth except for one man whose story can be found here.

http://ctr.concordia.ca/2000-01/Apr_12/ ... ndex.shtml

John
Hello John,

Did Dr Adalbert Lallier served only at Leimeritz or was he too in Metz prior moving ?
Best regards

Georges

DietervH

Post by DietervH » 19 Mar 2021, 06:08

Good morning Dr. Lallier,

2 years ago I got the information that my mother was a Red - Cross - Nurse, 17 years, at SS Nachrichtenschule. She past away some years ago.She never spoke about this time. Do you any information regarding the, maybe hospital, or some other helping information about this time, the location. My mother was for sure one of these nurses who escaped throug the frorests at this time back to Sachsen.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best greetings from Germany

Dieter

Martti Lenz wrote:
28 May 2019, 04:14
Well, I'm really glad that my information helped.
But may I dare to ask Dr. Lallier some questions? There is in fact pretty small amount of information about the end of the war in my town and about Nachrichtenschule der Waffen-SS especially, so witness like Dr. Lallier is rare and immense treasure.
If yes, I would be grateful to ask:
1) What was in other 3 buildings from my list? All four were used by SS as far as I could find, so when 2) was the Nachrichtenschule, what were the other three used for?
2) When the Junkers/candidates left for Teplitz, there was other group of Waffen-SS personel that stayed in Leitmeritz up to the very end. 250 Waffen-SS members were reported to be present in Leitmeritz on 8th May (According to Major Schneider, second in command of Leitmeritzer Wehrmacht garrison they belonged also to Nachrichtenschule). Does Dr.Lallier remember/know who they were?
3) On May 5th,1945 moved 4.Kompanie/"SS-Wachbataillon 2, Prag" from Terezín/Theresienstadt in direction Leitmeritz. Did they stay in Leitmeritz or continued movement elsewhere?
I would be very grateful for any answer and I'm looking forward to it.
Moreover, I will truly appreciate any information or memory about Nachrichtenschule in Leitmeritz or about functioning of Nachrichtenschule at all...

With the best wishes to Dr. Lallier
Martti

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 19 Mar 2021, 13:17

John P. Moore wrote:
28 Jan 2013, 17:58
Thank you Stuart. The pictures are not quite what I imagined, but the appearance of the building is very similar in appearance the the former SS signal school in Metz, France that George Jerome posted about a year ago. I sent the link to a former student who was attending SS officer school there in 1945 to see if he confirms.

John
quite similar. But not SS-Nachrichtenschule Metz of which building has 4 floors.
Best regards

Georges

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”