It is impossible, that Vogt was promoted after living Marburg a.d. Drau to Zentralstelle für das Auslandsbriefprüfwesen Amt IV, RSHA.K.Kocjancic wrote:For Vogt I have "First Detailed Interrogation Report on SS-Stubaf. Vogt Josef Michael", received by HQ Eight Army on 18 July 1945.
Name: Josef Michael Vogt
Rank: SS-Stubaf. & Kriminaldirektor
Unit: Zentralstelle für das Auslandsbriefprüfwesen Amt IV, RSHA
Party No.: in the series 2650000
SS No.: in the series 430000
Home address: Zierenberg bei Kassel, Haus Laar.
He was interrogated from 22 June to 2 July 1945 in "1 Sub Centre CSDIC Austria"
- born 30. July 1897, Mettmann (Düsseldorf), son of school rector
- in Aug. 1914 volunteered for the Army and gained a rank of Lt.
- Nov. 1918 returned home and went to "Hochschule für Kommunalverwaltung" and then to Münster Univ. (Political Science)
- in 1920 left the Army service, and worked for Landesarbeitsamt Düsseldorf
- in July 1925 joined police; Kriminalkommissar Course, Hochere Polizeischule Berlin-Charlottenburg (Mar - Aug 1927), Dec. 1928 promoted to Kriminalkommissar, worked in Ruhr and Polizeipräsidium Berlin
- in Sept. 1933 worked on establishing Gestapo Amt IIB, then transferred to Stapoleitstelle Düsseldorf (here promoted to Kriminalrat in Oct 35).
- in Jul 36 posted to Stapostelle (Aussendienststelle) Köslin
- in Jan 38 back to Düsseldorf as Sachbearbeiter IIA1 (transformed to RSHA IVA1a)
- Apr 1939 promoted to Kriminaldirektor
- Aug 42 became KdS Veldes
- Mar 43 became KdS Marburg
- after altercation with Rösener in May 1944, transfered to Zentralstelle für das Auslandsbriefprüfwesen Amt IV, RSHA
- Sept. 44 promoted to SS-Stubaf.
- in March 45 whole department was sent to Bad Blackenburg (Thuringia)
I suppose, that Vogt lost his memory...
When he got possibility to enter in SS in the Year 1939/1940, he got also very good job (Chief of Referat:RSHA IV A1 „Kommunismus, Marxismus, Einheitsfront, illegale Propaganda“and...SS-Stubaf.
So, he was SS-Sturmbannführer from 01.09.39.
For sure he was SS-Stubaf. when he came to Veldes/Bled, Slovenia. He was there allready on 08.07.42 or before.
Source: http://www.gedenkbuch-wuppertal.de/de/v ... t%C3%A4ter