SS-Stubaf. Horst Kopkow: systematic killing of captured Intelligence agents in KL`s

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
steve248

SS-Stubaf. Horst Kopkow: systematic killing of captured Intelligence agents in KL`s

Post by steve248 » 16 Jun 2017, 13:15

My latest book hot off the press deals with SS-Stubaf. KD Horst Kopkow, RSHA IV A2.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ss-Major-Horst ... rst+Kopkow

It deals with the career of Kopkow and his rise from a RSHA backwater dealing with Sabotage and Forged ID papers into the limelight of parachute agents. The youngest department chief in RSHA who Himmler discussed with Hitler. By 1944 over 100 agents had been captured - coming from the east and the west intelligence services. In 1944 began the transfer of these agents to concentration camps all over the Reich (Gross Rosen, Buchenwald, Dachau, Flossenbürg, Ravensbrück, Sachsenhausen) followed by the systematic killing of these agents. By the end of the war 200 had been murdered without trial.

And after the war, Britain's secret service (MI 6/SIS) recruited him and protected him from any source of prosecution, including denazification.

lazybather

Re: SS-Stubaf Horst Kopkow: systematic killing of captured Intelligence agents in KZs

Post by lazybather » 16 Jun 2017, 13:40

Congratulations Steve, my copy of 'Horst Kopow' is ordered and I'm looking forward to a good read from the co-author of 'Himmler's Diary'.

Stuart. 8-)

Peter
Financial supporter

Re: SS-Stubaf. Horst Kopkow: systematic killing of captured Intelligence agents in KL`s

Post by Peter » 30 Jun 2017, 17:24

I am now over half way through this book and offer my congratulations to Steve, not only is it packed with information, a good deal of it fresh to me, but it is presented in a very readable manner and as we'd expect from Steve the source notes are first class. Quite obviously the research has been extensive. The fascinating and thought provoking story of a murderer who rarely left the office. Thoroughly recommended.
Peter

j keenan
Financial supporter

Re: SS-Stubaf. Horst Kopkow: systematic killing of captured Intelligence agents in KL`s

Post by j keenan » 30 Jun 2017, 18:07

Can only concur with the above,this is the best autobiography on an SS-Officer in a long time 10/10 for a book well done

lazybather

Post by lazybather » 01 Jul 2017, 12:35

Every page of Steve's 253 page 'SS-Major Kopkow' contains a wealth of new information and illuminates graphically this dark chapter of WWII.
Steve explains succinctly the story of the shocking betrayal and treatment of Allied spies by Kopkow and reveals the British security services post-war cynical use of Kopkow, which enabled him to escape prosecution for the war-crimes he committed.

A recommended read. 8-)

Stuart. :-)

seaburn

Post by seaburn » 02 Jul 2017, 15:30

Hearty congratulations 'Steve248' on another triumph. Sounds most intriguing, I'll definitely
be putting an order in.

gudcdn

Post by gudcdn » 08 Jul 2017, 06:54

Just ordered your book Steve. Really looking forward to reading, especially the hypocrisy.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 08 Jul 2017, 10:41

Wow. This looks like an interesting book on a more obscure SS figure. I saw the book preview on amazon and there are also some good photos in it. One picture intrigued me - a photo of a woman - Noor Ihayat Khan. Now that's a strange name for Nazi Germany at that time.
I do not know much about Red Orchestra either although several books have been written on it. Looking forward to this new book which will probably fill in the gaps of the older ones. What's also interesting is that this guy (despite his record) was taken care of after the war. Heinrich Mueller may not have survived the war and worked for intelligence agencies but Horst Kopkow's story shows that such things were indeed possible and actually done, so the legend that became of Mueller's survival post-war was a not so fantastic claim afterall.
Stephen has been a helpful contributor to the AHF over the years with much knowledge of the early NSDAP. Thanks and best wishes on your new book.

PS- Just read up a little on the woman mentioned above. A British agent of American and Indian descent and also a Muslim. She is considered a WWII heroine in the UK. Her story in relation to Kopkow will be fascinating to read.

steve248

Post by steve248 » 09 Jul 2017, 18:44

Many thanks for the kind words about my efforts. I always try to be honest about the subjects I research.

I hope gudcdn's hypocrisy gets better.

steve248

Post by steve248 » 09 Jul 2017, 18:46

Re Noor Inayat Khan:
Look for second-user copies of her biography by Jean Overton Fuller. Published 50 years ago when archival material was not available and still an outstanding biography.

Colonel Dr K Prabhakar Rao

Post by Colonel Dr K Prabhakar Rao » 15 Aug 2017, 06:21

Kopkow the SS major who was responsible for catching the spies, agents from enemy countries although was arrested after the war was saved by British agencies.They declared him dead in 1948 while he was under their protection. He dictated notes for the benefit of the British agencies about his performance that helped UK in Cold War about soviet activities of espionage. Kopkow lived long to the age of 85 years. this guy who was responsible for scores of deaths of agents and resistance fighters went scot free.In fact Uk agencies let down own country and many SOE agents were executed in concentration camps , one agent who gained consciousness was thrust into the fire oven and killed not before the victims scratched the executioner violently on the face.

guder

Post by guder » 02 Sep 2018, 05:49

Thanks for the book Steve. I finished it this month. My hypocrisy comment is directed at MI-5. Really enjoyed the detail in the book.

Paul

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 15 Oct 2020, 13:39

from SSO Kopkow
Attachments
0695.jpg
Roll 199A
God created the Internet, but devil created Darknet.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”