Newbie needing info, please...

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Lara4228

Newbie needing info, please...

Post by Lara4228 » 23 Jan 2018, 05:00

Hello,

Just got my hands on a LSSAH document?
I know absolutely nothing about this and am wondering if I can get some help identifying what this is exactly and how I can go about to research information on the personnel on the passport/document.
I have a name the looks like Paul Kruse.

A date that looks like 1 Januar 1942 and SS #382910.

But the ID picture seems to resemble the Ernst Krause?
I am not familiar with dechipering writing or German from. This time period.
Will someone helpe please?

Thanks!

One more thing... I'm trying to attach a picture of it but am not how to?

Andrey
Host - ABR sections

Re: Newbie needing info please

Post by Andrey » 23 Jan 2018, 08:55

Hello and :welcome:
How to attach a photo.

You must create a new message in this thread, please click "Post Reply".
Then activate the "Attachments" button at the bottom.
Click the "Add files" button.
After that the window for review will open, where you need to specify your file (scan in any format) in your computer.
At the end click the "Submit" button.
Mission completed, good luck!

Andrey.

Lara4228

Re: Newbie needing info, please...

Post by Lara4228 » 23 Jan 2018, 17:35

Thank you very much!

Here it is....
Attachments
20180122_154032-2.jpg
20180122_154032-1.jpg

Lara4228

Post by Lara4228 » 23 Jan 2018, 17:53

Since my post I tried to do more digging. I know very little about WWII and even less about the German army. I know lots now!

I did find a list of officials numbers and partynumbers and their start dates. Along with that I discovered that the pins they wore on their neck line of their uniforms represent their status.

If I figured this out properly, this fellow here would have been an officer? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I am getting this mounted and framed to help preserve this piece of history. I know it's not the most common thing out there nor is it the least common thing out there but it's my thing and I love fact that this is a small part of a huge battle that has molded the world today. Good, bad or indifferent.

But if I could get any knowledge, history that could go with this one item, it would mean that much more to me.

It's all about the stories....not the artifacts ;)

Thanks

John Hilly

Post by John Hilly » 23 Jan 2018, 19:29

If I can see properly, his rank is SS-Hauptsturmführer equalling Hauptmann or Captain. This is so if he has two starlets on his shoulder boards.

Aufklärung means Reconnasainse unit.

With best, J-P :milwink:
"Die Blechtrommel trommelt noch!"

Harro

Post by Harro » 23 Jan 2018, 20:12

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is a fake. There is no Paul Kruse listed in the Führerliste der Waffen-SS and there are spelling errors
Last edited by Harro on 23 Jan 2018, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 23 Jan 2018, 20:13

Sorry to report that that is a fake, through and through.
The scribbling appears to be the work of someone from Russia, where many of these "documents" originate.

The officer pictured his Helmut Ringholz.

These faking swine aren't even trying anymore.

Best wishes,
~ Mike
Attachments
Volume%206%20001.jpg

seaburn

Post by seaburn » 23 Jan 2018, 20:14

Oh dear! Where to start .... you need to post this on the Axis documents section of the forum where the experts lurk. But be prepared for bad news.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 23 Jan 2018, 20:24

The Waffen-SS did not issue division-specific Soldbücher, but that hasn't stopped despicable charlatans from inflicting them upon our eyes. Here's another example.

~ Mike
Attachments
o_prinz-eugen-gebirgs-mountain-waffen-ss-soldbuch-id-card-c76f.jpg

Harro

Post by Harro » 23 Jan 2018, 20:27

"Die nummer her Abceilung" :milwink:

Lara4228

Post by Lara4228 » 24 Jan 2018, 00:37

Thank you very very much!

My first thought was skepticism solely because of how the name Paul Kruse had a whitened area. Secondly I felt the name and signature didn't quite seem to match, but because I am not familiar with reading and writing of german or writing of that time period, I left it open as being g authentic.

However, after doing some research last night, I questioned the credibility of this because the symbols on the booklet itself did not seem to match the information I read about this particular section of the army (1. SS panzer....). The symbol I kept seeing was different than the "O" that is on the left of the picture (I've been researching this like crazy).

Something else that made me question the authenticity is the fact that on the front it state's panzergrenedier but on the inside it says panzer Division. I also questioned wondered why they would have English on a German document (unless it is spelled the same in German as it is in English?).

I also questioned within and just above the party or member number it looks like a letter for number (maybe 5?) Was added upward on a slant.

Not knowing a thing about WWII, let alone the German Army, I want sure.

I collect coins and bank notes as a hobby and know how to tell a fake there...but not with this.

I am sad to hear of this but happy none the less to know the truth.

Thank you!!!

Lara4228

Post by Lara4228 » 24 Jan 2018, 01:18

so...how much an authentic one sell for and how can i tell the difference between a fake and a real one? where would i find a real one for sale?

Harro

Post by Harro » 24 Jan 2018, 01:19

I suppose the symbol you kept seeing was the "key" which was indeed the actual LAH symbol. The symbols on your document indeed have nothing to do with the LAH. Do note that within the 1. SS-Pnzer-Division "LSSAH" there were two Panzergrenadier-Regiments so that would work (and both "Panzer" and "Division" are spelled that way in German). That said, it is an obvious fake as decribed above.

An authentic one is difficult because this is basically a fantasy piece that does not resemble an actual document

Lara4228

Post by Lara4228 » 24 Jan 2018, 01:40

Wow! This is fascinating.

I am such a sucker for information and history, I just absorb it. Thank you very very much.

In essence, there never was and never will be a document like the one I have?

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 24 Jan 2018, 01:57

Lara4228 wrote:In essence, there never was and never will be a document like the one I have?
Never-ever ;) Not one single detail (font/text/symbols/photo/background) was done right. It is a fantasy piece 100%.

Dear newbie and anyone else: whenever you see any of these shield symbols on an item, know that the item is a post-war creation, since the shield designs were made after the war (see: https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic ... 0&t=232833). So just that one detail is always enough to spot a fake. Even if everything else in/on the item might look genuine (but it never does, usually everything looks ridiculous), if it has that shield symbol - it's a fake.
SS insignia2.jpg
1trash.jpg
2trash.jpg
Cheers,
Ivan
Last edited by Ivan Ž. on 24 Jan 2018, 02:45, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”