a missing paper

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
steve248

a missing paper

Post by steve248 » 04 Apr 2020, 19:08

I would normally have posted this in "Archives" section but members reading this section may get a faster and more favourable response.

This paper was available at Bundesarchiv Freiburg until they destroyed it (information given by BAK to another researcher) which runs against the grain when archives are suppose to keep material for researchers to research.

This is the paper:
" Beantwortung politisch-militärischer Fragen der amerikanischen Besatzungsmacht durch prominente deutsche Persönlichkeiten"? It has interviews with the following people: Feldmarschall Werner von Blomberg; Generalmajor Becht; Generalmajor Richard Bulcke; Generaldirektor Dr. Rudolf Buttmann; Chef des Amtes für SS-Führernachwuchs und Schulen, Schuband-Dörffler; Generalfeldmarschal Ritter von Leeb; Generalfeldmarschall List; Dr. Imanuel Schaeffer; General der Infanterie von Scheele; Kriegsberichterstatter Schwarz van Berk;SS Gruf u. Generalleutnanet von Treuenfeld; Generalleutnant Dr. Paul Walter; Generalfeldmarschall Freiherr von Weichs; Generalmajor von Witzleben.

Looks like the kind of paper many members here would like to read if they have not already.

If anyone has a copy and happy to share with me, please let me have a PM.

Halfdan S.

Re: a missing paper

Post by Halfdan S. » 04 Apr 2020, 22:55

Being an Archivist myself I never stop wondering how MASSIVE Amateurs the German Bundesarchiv are - once going through files barely readable on microfilm in Berlin I asked for the original papers, but no, they too had destroyed the papers in question. Visiting Berlin and/or Freiburg once or twice a year I never stop wondering how unprofessional these people behave in comparison to what I meet in Scandinavia. Where I work we don't do retrospective discarding, rather fight mold, digitalize etc. I have reached the conclusion that because the Bundesarchiv is not under political supervision, they have no-one really to answer to and apparently don't bother. Another example - I asked for some papers In Freiburg in June last year, and though I've been asking about them a few times since, I don't seem to be getting an answer. Then there's the local city archive in Berlin that tried to convince me not to come ...

Sorry, can't help you with the paper you are looking for, just wanted to share my frustration with German archives ...

Best
Halfdan S.

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 05 Apr 2020, 13:18

Just a comment.
Some archival workers traded documents (40 years ago).
I knew people who traded in original SS-Personalakten.
God created the Internet, but devil created Darknet.

policeman51

Post by policeman51 » 06 Apr 2020, 22:03

It's all because of political correctness. Nazism is taboo and anyone showing an interest in it as a scholar are to be discouraged.
Just my personal thoughts with all this politcal BS, personal identity and racism that is going on throughout the world today.

lazybather

Post by lazybather » 07 Apr 2020, 09:16

" Beantwortung politisch-militärischer Fragen der amerikanischen Besatzungsmacht durch prominente deutsche Persönlichkeiten".

Steve, have you check www.ifz.meunchen.de for these interviews?

Stuart. :-)

steve248

Post by steve248 » 07 Apr 2020, 09:28

Stuart,
Checked practically every worthwhile German archive without success.
Individual sources means a visit to Munich (or Washington) but in the foreseeable future...
Steve

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”