SS rune on chest

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Hans1906
Banned

Re: SS rune on chest

Post by Hans1906 » 10 Dec 2021, 23:01

I might be allowed one small comment:

The slice-by-slice posting of information, on whatever topic may arouse curiosity, but brings little and is not very effective.
I also put on this shoe, for many reasons, very sure.

Maybe we can work together on this, that would certainly be in the spirit of this still very good forum.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

JoeW
Financial supporter

Post by JoeW » 11 Dec 2021, 22:04

Derek wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 00:41
Thank you posting that document Joe. Is one of those printed by Mayr?
Sorry Derek, it went to another collector a few years ago. But from what I remember, there was no printing company logo.

JoeW
Financial supporter

Post by JoeW » 11 Dec 2021, 22:12

Hans1906 wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 19:30
Btw, the document was signed by Friedrich Karl Freiherr von Eberstein, you can see that quite clearly from the signature (printed?) at the time.

Friedrich Karl von Eberstein https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich ... _Eberstein

Example: https://www.huesken.com/shop/de/autogra ... 27887.html

Hans
Your are correct. That was an original ink signature of von Enbestein as well as one from Himmler. Sorry the size wasn't up to snuff for you, but estimating posting results can be deceiving. Here is another pre-printed award copy notice for local files. Ink signed on the reverse "Souvenir of Germany 1945". I wrote a very nice documented article on this subject for the late Roger Bender's magazine "The Military Advisor" some years ago, including info on the second series of rune patches mentioned above.
IMG_9285.JPG

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 11 Dec 2021, 22:29

Thanks JoeW,

Aha..! So the document you posted was a sort of "blank template" for certificates to be issued later, very interesting, thanks for posting it.

Is the article you wrote available online, presumably not?

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

JoeW
Financial supporter

Post by JoeW » 12 Dec 2021, 00:48

Thank you for noting the obvious purpose. I can't believe I didn't see the identical wording. My example came from a collector friend who received two identical ones from a vet purchase. Roger Bender never digitized the prolific output of his firm's magazines or books. Back issues could be purchased when he was alive, but nothing has been continued by his surviving family.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 12 Dec 2021, 01:17

JoeW,

thank you, "Ink signed on the reverse "Souvenir of Germany 1945", now that is really interesting, who and when took these documents at that time.

But probably as almost always, the dark cloak of history hangs over it.

Greetings from Germany

Hans

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”