SS membership requirements

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
detekk

SS membership requirements

Post by detekk » 29 May 2002, 05:26

Hi all-

Looking for information on the physical attributes required of those in the SS, such as jaw structure, blonde hair, blue eyes etc... Thanks for any and all help!

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 29 May 2002, 06:58

Welcome to the forum.

/Marcus

timoa

Post by timoa » 29 May 2002, 12:04

<joke>
yo detekk, you planning to join :mrgreen:
</joke>

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 29 May 2002, 15:27

Welcome on board!

In the beginning the requirements were very strict. For example, in LAH, you could not get in if you had a filling in a tooth!
Later, and especially as the war progressed, the requirements dropped as the need for more Waffen-SS rose. I don't believe that blond hair and blue eyes were ever a requirement, though... (but it was probably favoured)

Christian

T.R.Searle

a good site ...

Post by T.R.Searle » 29 May 2002, 19:42

tri http://www.wssob.com it has alot of information regarding this topic. aswell as alot more on the Waffen SS.

detekk

Thanks to all

Post by detekk » 30 May 2002, 01:49

Thank you all for the warm welcome and help with the question! timoa, it took me a moment to get the joke... I was sitting here thinking, "but i DID joing the forum..!"... :? so i guess i COULD have joined the SS on account of my intelligence. Which reminds me, how interesting it is that the Nazis based all their ideology on looks, no question as to whether you were smart enough or not. Ferdinand, thanks for the info on blonde hair, blue eyes NOT being a requirement and the LAH desiring those without even a cavity. Fascinating... amazing they got as far as they did. SS_Totenkopf, thanks for the website. Wealth of info is there that I have been pouring over. Much appreciated. Again, thanks to all of you! Fantastic forum we have here.

Ian

Chemi

Post by Chemi » 30 May 2002, 02:55

The joke rang:

"The Nazis want to make a world where men are tall like Himmler, slim like Goering, strong like Goebbels with blue-eyes and blond hair like Hitler"

Or words to that effect :)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby becomes a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes into you" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Scott Smith

BLOND LIKE HITLER...

Post by Scott Smith » 30 May 2002, 03:26

Hitler did have blue eyes. But it is still pretty funny.
:)

Ovidius

Re: BLOND LIKE HITLER...

Post by Ovidius » 30 May 2002, 09:55

Scott Smith wrote:Hitler did have blue eyes. But it is still pretty funny.
:)
In the few color archive footage that survived, they're pretty green :mrgreen:
detekk wrote:Which reminds me, how interesting it is that the Nazis based all their ideology on looks, no question as to whether you were smart enough or not.
I pretty much doubt that. If looks was concerned, Goebbels would have fallen from the start.
detekk wrote:Fascinating... amazing they got as far as they did.
Amazing they didn't got farther :mrgreen: :aliengray

As for the cavity, I have to remind you that the LSSAH was a Guards unit, and perfect physical condition is always a requirement for this sort of military units(the SAS and British Royal Guards have less strict requirements, but this is a different story :mrgreen: :aliengray :monkee: )

~Ovidius

Ovidius

Post by Ovidius » 30 May 2002, 09:58

Chemi wrote:The joke rang:

"The Nazis want to make a world where men are tall like Himmler, slim like Goering, strong like Goebbels with blue-eyes and blond hair like Hitler"

Or words to that effect :)
I thought it was:

- as blond as Hitler
- as tall as Goebbels
- as slim as Goering
- as blue-eyed as Hess
- as clever as Eva Braun :D

~Ovidius

HaEn
In memoriam

requirements

Post by HaEn » 01 Jun 2002, 00:29

Ferdinand Porsche wrote:Welcome on board!

In the beginning the requirements were very strict. For example, in LAH, you could not get in if you had a filling in a tooth!
Later, and especially as the war progressed, the requirements dropped as the need for more Waffen-SS rose. I don't believe that blond hair and blue eyes were ever a requirement, though... (but it was probably favoured)

Christian

And by the time january 1944 came along the requirements were: Does he breathe ? - Can he walk ? - Does he have at least one eye ? - Can he shoot a rifle ?- O.K. ready for battle ! :wink: Of our kompanie there were about two dozen blond haired and blue eyed. The rest of the men (kids) were VERY varied. :lol: HN

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 01 Jun 2002, 00:56

Thanks for the info!

On the subject (kinda): did you guys know that the Egyptians had a regiment for people with just one eye? Many Egyptians took out thier own eye to avoid the military, so this regiment was created just for them...

Christian

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”