Newspaper Articles (Das Schwarze Korps)

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
eindhoven

Post by eindhoven » 11 Nov 2004 04:02

Florian. Oustanding contribution.

I am curious if the images are better on the microfilm? I know with copies it isnt possible to get the clarity.

Nevertheless, it makes for exciting reading

SS-Researcher

Post by SS-Researcher » 13 Nov 2004 16:00

Hello eindhoven!
Thanks for the comment. The images are far better on microfilm. Problem is that you are not able to get them copied to paper in a quality better than that which you can see being displayed in this thread.
I still have dozens of pages lying around here, but sadly no time to get them scanned because I entered my "university life" some time ago and due to the distance between the town in which I study and the town in which I live, time is rather short.

I will perhaps be able to add some more articles in the future.

For the time being - all the best! :)

Florian

Revellations

Post by Revellations » 13 Nov 2004 22:32

Florian,

I got these copies from a big newspaper archive in the town (Dortmund) where I attend school. They have lots of "Das Schwarze Korps" issues on microfilm.
Today was my first day in the archive and I plan to visit it regularly from now on They also have a huge collection of other NS-era newspapers (for example various different versions of the "Völkischer Beobachter").

Do you have an address in Dortmund where this is located and the name of the archive and any other information that you may need to know when visiting at all?

Thanks so much

Revellations

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 20 Nov 2004 20:13

WojtekK wrote:Hallo Florian !

Do you have any article about Franz Breithaupt from "Das Schwarze Korps" ??

Regards

Wojtek

On October 38 : information upon appointment OF Breihaupt as Führer Gau III Berlin Brandenburg des Deuschen Reichsbundes fur Leibesubungen.

JG

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 22 Nov 2004 21:57

on march 1939 there is an interesting article dealing with SS Brif Breihaupt Standortführer Berlin (Garrison leader of the Allgemeine SS in Berlin).
with photo and biography.

datas from notes on interesting infos in various issues of DSK magazine.

JG

WojtekK

Post by WojtekK » 23 Nov 2004 20:27

Hello Georges !

Thanks for these informations.

Regards

Wojtek

-Michael

Post by -Michael » 06 Dec 2004 20:11

Isn't there something about Flemish SS-men in the Schwarze Korps?
Was It red by foreign vollunteers?

Greetings Michael

Kameraden

Post by Kameraden » 06 Apr 2005 15:37

How exactly do you pronounce Korps in German?
Is it a silent P?

Thanx

SS-Researcher

Post by SS-Researcher » 08 Apr 2005 22:06

Kameraden wrote:How exactly do you pronounce Korps in German?
Is it a silent P?

Thanx

Yes, it is.

To all others asking for material - I am sorry, but I am not able to help at the moment, as I don't have access to the archive anymore due to a change of place. Also, time is limited because of studying. ;)

All the best
Florian

jv
In memoriam

Das Schwarze Korps

Post by jv » 09 Apr 2005 05:13

Revellations wrote:Florian,

I got these copies from a big newspaper archive in the town (Dortmund) where I attend school. They have lots of "Das Schwarze Korps" issues on microfilm.
Today was my first day in the archive and I plan to visit it regularly from now on They also have a huge collection of other NS-era newspapers (for example various different versions of the "Völkischer Beobachter").

Do you have an address in Dortmund where this is located and the name of the archive and any other information that you may need to know when visiting at all?

Thanks so much

Revellations

G'day mate, you don't need to go all the way to Dortmund for "Das Schwarze Korps" issues on microfilm. I copied all the issues from microfilm through a university library search (lived in Perth at the time). The microfilm is kept at ANU or UNSW. I can't remember correctly but any university library (try the University of Queensland) can help you out. jv

jv
In memoriam

Das Schwarze Korps

Post by jv » 09 Apr 2005 05:24

This is an interesting Das Schwarze Korps propaganda shot: the sign reads (loosely translated) "Get your coins out quick or else you'll end up in das schwarze korps". It's an interesting play on words with a veiled threat. That's effective promotion. jv
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Revellations

Post by Revellations » 09 Apr 2005 11:56

Jv,

Thanks mate you are a legend. That saves me a long trip :wink: . I will go to UQ and do a search.

Thanks again

Scott (Revellations)

Hessler64

Post by Hessler64 » 13 Apr 2005 17:42

Wow..................... That is some good stuff!

Rich

Daniel L

Re: Das Schwarze Korps

Post by Daniel L » 13 Apr 2005 18:32

jv wrote:This is an interesting Das Schwarze Korps propaganda shot: the sign reads (loosely translated) "Get your coins out quick or else you'll end up in das schwarze korps". It's an interesting play on words with a veiled threat. That's effective promotion. jv

Oh please! Do you actually believe that yourself? :roll:

Best regards/ Daniel

-Michael

Post by -Michael » 22 Apr 2005 15:56

I was wondering, are there articles in 'Das Schwarze Korps' about the Germanische SS.
Can somebody maybe scan some articles in about the Germanische SS Flandern for me, if there are some?

Michael

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”