SD Training picture

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Phil Nix
In memoriam

SD Training picture

Post by Phil Nix » 10 Mar 2004, 12:50

Here is a group shot of members iof a course on colonial policing done by the Italians 18.11.1940 to 3.3.1941 pic is taken from the official booklet issued by the SD to commemorate the courses. The picture shows the second of three courses and includes
Obsbf Eduardt Strauch, Hsf Werner behrens,August Behringer,Fritz Woelbing Osf Walter Zimmermann Usf Charles Hagedorn, Ernst Woerner
from the 1st Session
Sbf Karl Rabe Hsf Leo Gehra, Richard Ewert Osf Walter Sorgenfrei Usf August Krull, Eduard Deininger, Walter Grulke, Heiing Oesau from the 2nd Session
Sbf Friedrich Hegenscheidt Osf Karl Schlueter, Karl Holle, Usf Heinrich Hormann, Kurt Loba, Gunther Steinbrück, Josef grosse and Heinrich Mangold from the 3rd Session,
Sbf Max Nedwed Hsf Dietrich Rehder Osf Alfred Noodt, Johannes Hosbach, Walter Kahle, Martin Kurmis Usf Herbert Schurian and Johannes Klempau from the 4th session
Sbf Heinrich Hammersen, Hsf Theo Sävecke, Osf Christian Schulte, Heinrich schmitz, Karl Wenkhausen Usf Han Walter, Ersnt Rieck and Helmut Wollatz from the 5th session
Sbf Fritz D'Heil, Hsf Benno Paulischkies, Osf Paul Heimann, Usf Fritz Hering, Heinz Roehel, Karl Schnerr, Franz Styeffel and Werner Troschke from the 6th session
the course head was Sbf Friedrich Riese
All these men are in the picture but are NOT individually identified
Good luck to all Philmil
Attachments
strauch sd.jpg
strauch sd.jpg (40.6 KiB) Viewed 5766 times

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 10 Mar 2004, 14:59

Eduard Strauch is in the front row on the left leaning forward with glasses.
Max

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 10 Mar 2004, 15:33

Max History wrote:Eduard Strauch is in the front row on the left leaning forward with glasses.
Max
Thanks Max but is that the only one you can do
Phil

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 10 Mar 2004, 19:22

I'm afraid so, Phil. I know a number of the names, but, like you, can't put names to faces. Are you sure the names all appear in the photo? Your list of ranks does not comply with the photo (i.e. there aren't that many SS-Sbf. in the photo).
Good luck!
Max

laurens

Post by laurens » 10 Mar 2004, 21:15

Only thing I can say....NICE picture 8)

Laurens

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Seibert

Post by Michael Miller » 10 Mar 2004, 21:36

Have no books/photos with me at the moment to confirm, but I believe the Sturmbannführer seated next to Strauch is Willi Seibert.

Best,
~ Mike

Max Williams

Re: Seibert

Post by Max Williams » 11 Mar 2004, 00:14

Michael Miller wrote:Have no books/photos with me at the moment to confirm, but I believe the Sturmbannführer seated next to Strauch is Willi Seibert.

Best,
~ Mike
Can't agree with you there Mike. I know Seibert very well and that's not him.
Max

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 11 Mar 2004, 00:44

Oh well / What the Hell.

Thanks for the disidentification, in any case.

But I'd bet a kidney or two that I guessed right on von Alvensleben:o)

~ Mike

Max Williams

Re: ...

Post by Max Williams » 11 Mar 2004, 11:17

Michael Miller wrote:Oh well / What the Hell.

Thanks for the disidentification, in any case.

But I'd bet a kidney or two that I guessed right on von Alvensleben:o)

~ Mike
Don't want you to go losing body parts! You're right about him grinning.
Max

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 11 Mar 2004, 11:53

Max History wrote:I'm afraid so, Phil. I know a number of the names, but, like you, can't put names to faces. Are you sure the names all appear in the photo? Your list of ranks does not comply with the photo (i.e. there aren't that many SS-Sbf. in the photo).
Good luck!
Max
The list of names is taken from the course list which is what the photo shows. There were three courses and each had a similar photo. I could be that some were not yet wearing the correct rank badges. As this is an official booklet issued by the German and Italien Government jointly I think we should trust it
Philmil

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 11 Mar 2004, 12:00

philmil wrote:
Max History wrote:I'm afraid so, Phil. I know a number of the names, but, like you, can't put names to faces. Are you sure the names all appear in the photo? Your list of ranks does not comply with the photo (i.e. there aren't that many SS-Sbf. in the photo).
Good luck!
Max
The list of names is taken from the course list which is what the photo shows. There were three courses and each had a similar photo. I could be that some were not yet wearing the correct rank badges. As this is an official booklet issued by the German and Italien Government jointly I think we should trust it
Philmil
I agree. No question it is correct, but it's possible the photo was edited to fit the page as is the case in many publications. That's the reason one sometimes sees people in the caption who do not appear in the related photo!
Max

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 11 Mar 2004, 21:00

Has that Stubaf bottom right, 2nd man in, got an Imperial airmans badge on his tunic and do you reckon thats an EK1 also ? That should give us a flying start.

Simon

Post by Simon » 29 Mar 2004, 21:11

Does anyone have info about Kurt Loba thats in the picture ?

I only know that he was SS-Obersturmbannführer and worked in RSHA (June 1943).

chrish

Post by chrish » 30 Mar 2004, 17:15

I would like to know, where is Hegenscheid (Leiter Staatspolizeistelle Hohensalza, K.d.S Nikolajew) and Nedwed (Leiter Staatspolizeistelle Innsbrück , Kassel , Klagenfurt , Köslin and Stettin ) .

chrish

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 30 Mar 2004, 18:15

chrish wrote:I would like to know, where is Hegenscheid (Leiter Staatspolizeistelle Hohensalza, K.d.S Nikolajew) and Nedwed (Leiter Staatspolizeistelle Innsbrück , Kassel , Klagenfurt , Köslin and Stettin ) .

chrish
Chrish,
The problem with this picture is that there are only 35 people in the photo (37 if you include the 2 at the very back) and Phil lists in excess of 40 names. Apparently the caption states all these names are in the photo, but they obviously are not (probably through picture editing). The only one that has been positively identified is Strauch.
Max

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”