SD Training picture

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 25 Jul 2004, 11:17

JoeW wrote:Is it possible that the Oberst (guessing/staff officer) is Oberst d. Schupo and Standartenführer Karl Heinz Bürger? The photo in the A-G book of Generals (by AnDie?) is a front on shot of a man with glasses of similar facial characteristics. It would be logical that Bürger would be at this ceremony in early 1944 with Wolff and Brunner in Meran or Bozen, whatever the small town is.
Here is a front shot of Berger and they do look the same
Philmil
Attachments
berger k.h..jpg
berger k.h..jpg (18.09 KiB) Viewed 1476 times

JoeW
Financial supporter

Post by JoeW » 25 Jul 2004, 18:26

Here is another more frontal shot of that officer in the photo with Brunner and Wolff. Th two photos are similar in appearance, but I wonder if Bürger would appear at this function in Police uniform, with the Edelweiss on his M43 Feldmütze at the same time as Wolff and Brunner appeared in their SS uniforms?
Attachments
Copy of July 25, 2004.jpg
Copy of July 25, 2004.jpg (80.86 KiB) Viewed 1457 times

kipala

Re: SD Training picture

Post by kipala » 02 Apr 2012, 15:44

Hopefully somebody still reading this.
When reading thru the initial picture text of the group image (first page) I wonder what the words "from the 1st Session " are meant to say (and continued: from the 2nd, 3rd etc session). It would be good to have the original German text.

Was "Sitzreihe" translated as "session"?? In that case it is misleading, it just means "seating row". That fits the picture because on the left side there are clearly 6 rows of chairs.

If that is a correct assumption you are nearer to identifying people as they would be listed according to seating.

By the way: Where was the course held?

JoeW
Financial supporter

Post by JoeW » 05 Apr 2012, 15:27

At the Italian PAI School in Tivoli.

eurasia72

Post by eurasia72 » 21 Nov 2013, 15:47

Hello there. I am part of the Noodt family that is now currently located in Hong Kong. We are very distant relatives but there are those in the family who still carry the name. My great great grandfather was a Johannes Hartwig Martin Noodt who sailed from Germany to Shanghai in the 1800s. Our family does not seem to be officially recorded in the family genealogy, however, after visiting some cousins for the very first time in Berlin a few years ago we came to realise that we are perhaps an illegitimate part of the Noodt family. I was also told, nevertheless, that we might had had a family member in the SS, and see that there is an Alfred Noodt in the SD training picture. My own grandfather was also named Alfred Noodt - and his brother, Francis Noodt. I don't know how active this forum is these days, but if anyone has additional information on the Alfred Noodt in this picture I would be interested in knowing more. Thank you.

Andrey
Host - ABR sections

Post by Andrey » 09 Nov 2014, 18:42

This photo is from ebay.de and of a better quality.

Andrey.
Attachments
sd.JPG

Andrey
Host - ABR sections

Post by Andrey » 14 Nov 2014, 09:59

Another one...

Andrey.
Attachments
sd.JPG

itaiv40

Post by itaiv40 » 14 Nov 2014, 19:12

Thanks for sharing. I assume that's Strauch in the center?

Andrey
Host - ABR sections

Post by Andrey » 15 Nov 2014, 11:07

Yes, I think it is Strauch too.

Andrey.

euroguide

Post by euroguide » 19 Jun 2021, 17:14

eurasia72 wrote:
21 Nov 2013, 15:47
Hello there. I am part of the Noodt family that is now currently located in Hong Kong. We are very distant relatives but there are those in the family who still carry the name. My great great grandfather was a Johannes Hartwig Martin Noodt who sailed from Germany to Shanghai in the 1800s. Our family does not seem to be officially recorded in the family genealogy, however, after visiting some cousins for the very first time in Berlin a few years ago we came to realise that we are perhaps an illegitimate part of the Noodt family. I was also told, nevertheless, that we might had had a family member in the SS, and see that there is an Alfred Noodt in the SD training picture. My own grandfather was also named Alfred Noodt - and his brother, Francis Noodt. I don't know how active this forum is these days, but if anyone has additional information on the Alfred Noodt in this picture I would be interested in knowing more. Thank you.
Hi,
I am working since years on the Noodt family-tree and just a few weeks ago I got more details of your part of the family. If you wish, I can send you one of my trees, to give you the chance, to complet it.
After my research you must be the son/daughter of either:
David WIDLER or Martin William Heinrich NOODT or Jane Maria ANDREWS or Sabine Ilse PARNOW.
I only can hope, that it is not too late, since your message is from november 2013.
Waiting for your answer!

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”