Hilmar Wäckerle

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Helge

Re: Hilmar Wäckerle

Post by Helge » 17 May 2013, 10:07

1-07-1941, near Lemberg from left to right: "Westland" Kommandeur SS-Staf. Wäckerle, SS-Hstuf. Paetsch (Ic), SS-Hstuf. von Schalburg, SS-Brif. Steiner (Div. Kommandeur), SS-Hstuf. Ziemssen (Adj. "Westland").

Source: http://waffen-ss.nl/
Attachments
lemberg01071941.jpg
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

bogo

Post by bogo » 17 May 2013, 20:19

Helge wrote:The III./SS-Standarte "Germania" took along with the entire regiment as SS-Standartenführer Karl Maria Demelhuber to the days of the NSDAP Nazi Party in 1937 and 1938 in Nuremberg. The following photograph was taken at the Party in September 1938 and shows Karl Maria Demelhuber together with the three battalion commanders of the SS-Standarte "Germania", from left to right: SS-Obersturmbannführer Hilmar Wäckerle (commander of I Battalion, Hamburg-Veddel), SS-Sturmbannführer Herbert Otto Gille (II Battalion commander, Arolsen), SS-Standartenführer Karl Maria Demelhuber and SS-Obersturmbannführer Heinrich Koeppen (commander of III Battalion, Radolfzell). Photography Heinz Hille Brecht. Mark Wolter collection.
Nice picture, Helge.
However, at the left it's SS-Ostbf. Werner Dörffler-Schuband (Kdr. I./SS-G), not Wäckerle.
Best wishes,
Bogo

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 19 Dec 2023, 15:20

bogo wrote:
17 May 2013, 20:19
Helge wrote:The III./SS-Standarte "Germania" took along with the entire regiment as SS-Standartenführer Karl Maria Demelhuber to the days of the NSDAP Nazi Party in 1937 and 1938 in Nuremberg. The following photograph was taken at the Party in September 1938 and shows Karl Maria Demelhuber together with the three battalion commanders of the SS-Standarte "Germania", from left to right: SS-Obersturmbannführer Hilmar Wäckerle (commander of I Battalion, Hamburg-Veddel), SS-Sturmbannführer Herbert Otto Gille (II Battalion commander, Arolsen), SS-Standartenführer Karl Maria Demelhuber and SS-Obersturmbannführer Heinrich Koeppen (commander of III Battalion, Radolfzell). Photography Heinz Hille Brecht. Mark Wolter collection.
Nice picture, Helge.
However, at the left it's SS-Ostbf. Werner Dörffler-Schuband (Kdr. I./SS-G), not Wäckerle.
Best wishes,
Bogo
Hello

I am not sure about that, the "Schwarze Korps" used a photo from that particulare moment to remember Wäckerle. Please see attached doc.

Best regards
Georg
Attachments
SSO-214B   (34).jpg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”