General Staff Course for WSS-officers

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

General Staff Course for WSS-officers

Post by Dieter Zinke » 11 May 2004, 18:56

Hallo forum,

two officers of the Waffen-SS took part in the second “Generalstabslehrgang” (07.04. - 14.06.1940 in Dresden, former Kriegsschule) as “Gasthörer” (staring as guests). Who were these officers?

In 1941 two officers of the Waffen-SS took part in another General Staff Course (now in Berlin, Kriegsakademie; commander Oberst i.G. Hermann Foertsch), probably the fourth course (06.01. - 15.03.1941). The one obtained “sehr gut” (excellent), the other failed. Who were these officers?

Four Hauptsturmführer der Waffen-SS took part on the 5. Generalstabslehrgang (02.03. - 09.05.1942; Taktiklehrer Walther Wenck, Hellmuth Laegeler, Bogislaw von Bonin and Joachim Staats). Who were these four SS-Hauptsturmführer?

According to the personal file of (later SS-Oberführer) Heinz Bertling in 1943 four officers of the Waffen-SS took part in another General Staff Course: one graduate obtained “hervorragend qualifiziert” (outstanding qualification), the three others failed. Who were these officers?

Fourther informations available?

Best
Oberstab

Svennie

Post by Svennie » 11 May 2004, 21:22

Hello Oberstab,

unfortunately I do not know the answer to your questions, but you might be able to find the answer in:
Hansgeorg Model "Der deutsche Generalstabsoffizier" which contains an appendix with a long list of general staff officers and Kriegsakademie graduates. It is a while ago I saw the book and I am not sure if it also mentioned the Waffen-SS officers.

I suppose you have checked with the BA-MA and the Militargeschichtliches Forschungsamt? Maybe the editors of Der Freiwillige magazine may also be able to help you out.

Good luck
Sven

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”