Günsche and Fegelein Execution

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Chopper

Post by Chopper » 22 Aug 2007, 10:03

Georg wrote:
I think it´s hard for us to udnerstand what Loyalty and the kind of comradeship soldiers have, and especially those in the SS, they have for more then 60 years been treated as Paria all over the world

Georg
Yes that's really a shame. The leadership was out of control, but very often the average soldier - even SS soldiers were not all monsters. It's called "painting a picture with a very broad brush". Big Mistake.

Rochus Misch had a unique place in history, and unfortunately even though the war ended so many years ago.. even today he's between a rock and a hard place so to speak.

I regard all veterans as our teachers. When I was younger, I used to approach ww2 veterans and have them tell me what they were willing to tell me of what they knew. I ate up anything they could say. I preferred getting my "history lessons" directly from them rather than my 3rd grade schoolbooks. Yeah I started young in my interests.

wolfguy

Post by wolfguy » 23 Aug 2007, 01:22

http://www.archives.gov/iwg/declassifie ... eller.html

This is the link to the U.S. National Archives File on Gestapo Chief Heinrich Muller.

wolfguy

Chopper

Post by Chopper » 23 Aug 2007, 19:08

WolfGuy , I re-read the text that you linked to. I'm convinced now more than ever who'se corpse that was. If mueller was planning on suicide at all, he wouldn't have a wound in the back. *shakes head*.

wolfguy

Post by wolfguy » 24 Aug 2007, 08:29

Yeah the body with the back wound is consistent with the rest of the story about Fegelein being shot in the back. And you're right, Muller wouldn't have a wound in his back if he had committed suicide. Too bad we can't prove it though.

wolfguy

montreal707

Rochus Misch

Post by montreal707 » 03 Sep 2007, 08:15

Here's a photo of me and Rochus Misch shot at his house in Berlin last year. He just turned 90 this year and has finally published that book he's been talking about for so long! "I was Hitler's Bodyguard" has apparently already been translated into several languages and will go to print this fall. Very nice man! Gave me 4 hours videotaped interview and signed photos. I presented to him some strands of Eva Braun's hair liberated from one of her hairbrushes I have. Also showed him one of Eva's nightgowns and other artifacts I brought over. His reactions were priceless! Let me know if anyone wants me to post pic of him looking at Eva's gown, or other photos from that day. Enjoy reading all member comments, and am learning so much from you guys. My specialty is Eva Braun and her world, but am eager to learn more about other personalities and their stories.
Attachments
rochusmish2006Feb.JPG
montreal707 and rochus misch Berlin february 2006
rochusmish2006Feb.JPG (32.63 KiB) Viewed 1107 times

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 03 Sep 2007, 14:40

THANKS!!!!! Montreal!! Thanks very much!!! please add all the material you want share!!

kiwi123

Post by kiwi123 » 19 Oct 2007, 13:04

Wolfguy, I'm glad you mention the O'Donnell book, "The Bunker", as that poses a most interesting theory that Fegelein was the source of the security leak that Hitler knew existed in his camp. ie, the woman he was found with when arrested, dubbed "Mata O'Hara" by the British, was an agent. Mohnke says he handed him over to the Gestapo, and thus he was shot not as a military deserter, but at the hands of the Gestapo for this security breach. And what business did Mueller have at the bunker except to investigate this leak? Case closeed with the death of Fegelein. What do people make of this? The O'Donnell book is fascinating, but perhaps is a bit sensationalist / gossipy in places? I've been reading about the last days in the bunker for a couple of years now - the usual fare of Trevor-Roper, Fest, Joachimsthaler, Vinogradov, Loringhoven, Junge - so why is this the first time I've this theory? (Have only just gotten round to O'Donnell).

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”