- Posts: 6239
- Joined: 05 May 2004 23:13
- Location: Netherlands
31st SD Punitive Detachment
aka 31. Schutzmannschafts-Bataillon der SD
aka UKRAINIAN SELF-DEFENSE(see note 10, below) LEGION
aka VOLYN BATTALION
Littman mentions the following about this unit
* Filled with OUM-M members (see 1, below)
* First CO was Hauptsturmfuhrer Assmus, (see 2, below) KIA by Polish partisans between Volhynia & Krakhov
* Second CO Major Ewald Biegelmeyer
* Absorbed the Chelm Self Defense Unit and Police Battalion 207 (see 3, below)
* Ukrainian Chief of Staff Col. Pyotr Dyachenko (see 4, below)
* Dec 1943 Unit participated in massacre of Pidhaitsi & Lutsk ghetto (see 5, below)
* March 1944: May have operated with 14th SS KG Beyersdorff (see 6, below)
* May have participated in the suppression of the Warsaw Uprising (see 7, below)
* Feb/March 1945 May have been incorporated into the 14th SS (see 8, below) where Dyachenko became a regimental officer.
Source: http://www.feldgrau.net/forum/viewtopic ... 42&t=33654
Furthermore I've found him in a Befehlsblatt, only there they wrote his name as Biegelmayer.
Befehlsblatt der Sipo und SD Nr. 10-44/Ausgabe A: 31. März 1944:
Der RFSS hat befördert.
Mit wirkung vom 30.1.1944. Zu SS-Stubaf: Ewald Biegelmayer, 272.373, BdS Krakau.
Is there anybody who has promo-dates for Biegelmeyer/Biegelmayer?? I would like to know what his rank was when he served with SD-LA 'Königsberg', when he was with EG II and when he served with Sipo and SD Ausstenstelle in Antwerp.
- Posts: 1200
- Joined: 04 Dec 2005 15:29
- Location: Warsaw, Poland
Dr.Ewald Biegelmeyer was promoted to SS-Ustuf in 1938.
Unfortunately i don't have his promotion dates to Ostuf and Hstuf only
know that when he came to Lublin in 1943 he was already SS-Hstuf.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot]