Rochus Misch

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Luft300

Post by Luft300 » 18 Nov 2005, 14:53

[quote="Michael Miller"]Please remember this is a historical discussion and research forum. This thread is threatening to cross the line and become personal, which would be a pity as it is an extremely interesting subject and has historical value. Let's remain civil please.
Thanks.
~ Mike.[/quote]

Mike: You and the other moderators on this forum do a very good job at moderating, unlike that MCF where the moderators start half the fights by abusing everybody. I had a run in with them so I quit and won't go back. Talk about a bunch of hypocrits... they used to constantly put down everybody on the WAF but were themselves worse.

Luft300

PS - Hope I didn't overstep my bounds by mentioning the other forums by initials.

Mehmet Fatih

Post by Mehmet Fatih » 18 Nov 2005, 14:54

Great post Karl.Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 02 Dec 2005, 20:18

Some more on Misch

Best regards,

Georg

Rochus Mischs Vater, welcher schwer verwundet im Lazarett von Oppeln liegt, stirbt wenige Tage nach seiner Geburt. Seine Mutter stirbt, als Rochus Misch 2½ Jahre alt ist. Er wächst bei den Großeltern auf. Nach einer mit Erfolg abgeschlossenen Malerlehre meldet sich Misch 1937 freiwillig zur Verfügungstruppe (Vorgängerorganisation der Waffen-SS). Ende 1939 wird Rochus Misch beim Polen-Feldzug schwer verwundet (Lungenschuss). Als er wieder gesund ist, schlägt sein Kompaniechef, der spätere SS-General Mohnke , ihn zum Führerbegleitkommando vor, da Misch ihm als pflichtbewusster, höflicher, gewissenhafter und guter Soldat bekannt war. SS-Oberscharführer Misch meldet sich zwölf Tage später in der Reichshauptstadt Berlin, Reichskanzlei Wilhelmstraße 77, Regierungsviertel. Er stellt sich bei Julius Schaub , dem persönlichen Adjutanten Adolf Hitlers vor. Er lernt Hitler kennen und wird sofort eingestellt. Sein Aufgabenbereich ist das Führerbegleitkommando, d. h. Leibwächter von Adolf Hitler. Sein erster Auftrag ist, bei der Schwester Adolf Hitlers, Paula Hitler , ein Paket in Wien abzugeben.

Rochus Misch ist fortan überall in der persönlichen Nähe Hitlers, auf dem Berghof in Berchtesgaden , in München, in der Berliner Reichskanzlei , in den verschiedenen Führerhauptquartieren 1939-1945 bis zuletzt im Berliner Führerbunker , wo er die letzten Tage Adolf Hitlers und Dr. Joseph Goebbels als Leibwächter und Cheftelefonist miterlebt. Auch mit Magda Goebbels und deren Kindern versteht er sich gut. Nach dem Tod von Hitler am 30. April 1945 ist Dr. Goebbels, den Hitler in seinem politischen Testament als neuen Reichskanzler ernannt hat, sein Chef. Nach dessen Tod am 1. Mai 1945 ist er in einer der letzten Ausbruchsgruppen der Reichskanzlei dabei. Rochus Misch nächster Weg ist vom U-Bahnhof Kaiserhof bis zur Friedrichstraße. Dort wird er von russischen Soldaten festgenommen.

Als Zeitzeuge der nächsten Umgebung Hitlers wird er von den Russen nach Russland geflogen und sitzt im berüchtigten Moskauer Militärgefängnis. Er wird ständig verhört und auch gefoltert. Stalin glaubt nicht an den Selbstmord Adolf Hitlers und versucht, von Zeitzeugen wie Hitlers Leibwächter Rochus Misch, Hitlers Adjutanten Otto Günsche , Hitlers Flugkapitän Hans Baur und seinem Fahrer Erich Kempka die „Wahrheit“ zu erfahren. Es ist eine schwere Zeit und neun sehr harte, entbehrungsreiche Jahre der Kriegsgefangenschaft für Rochus Misch. Er kümmert sich auch um Hans Baur, der nur ein Bein hat und deshalb für Mischs Hilfe sehr dankbar ist. Erst neun Jahre später ist Rochus Misch wieder zu Hause in Berlin bei seiner Ehefrau Gerda – die er 1943 geheiratet hat - und seiner Tochter. Er macht sich selbstständig und hat ein Malergeschäft. Seine Ehefrau Gerda, welche die letzten neun Jahre ihres Lebens sehr krank war, stirbt im Jahre 1997.

Rochus Misch lebt 88-jährig - geistig vital - noch immer in Berlin , wenige Kilometer vom einstigen Machtzentrum entfernt. Er ist seit dem Tod von Hitlers Adjutanten Otto Günsche im Oktober 2003 nun der letzte Augenzeuge aus dem Inneren Zirkel des Dritten Reiches.

g.l.s.h

Re: Rochus Misch

Post by g.l.s.h » 10 Dec 2005, 16:52

Geli wrote:Rochus doesn't speak English, but we managed to communicate a bit. I understood parts of what he was saying.

:D
I wonder if he would answer questions regarding some details of his time at the bunker, even to a visitor who is no historian or journalist. He is quoted in words or spirit in many book's/articles/documentaries since the 1970's and some of his testimonies are contradicting his previous ones, or other survivors. It may not be the highlight of historic research, but I would like to know if there are written testimonies of him about what he saw in the bunker at the very final hours. Beavor quoted him as being a witness to the aftermath of gen. Krebs&Bugedorf suicide, but other witnesses say things which make his testimony quite problematic.

Has anybody read his words directly in any source (not the well known books)? I know he gave many interviews.

regards

stalag-vi-f

Post by stalag-vi-f » 16 Jul 2006, 18:50

Does anybody have the address of Misch???

...because it is deleted from the telephone books.

I need it, because I have do write a story about him for class 11 at school.

Thanks

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 17 Jul 2006, 10:59

stalag-vi-f wrote:Does anybody have the address of Misch???

...because it is deleted from the telephone books.

I need it, because I have do write a story about him for class 11 at school.

Thanks
I had to delete the same question several times in many other threads in this subforum. Please do not trespass against the forum rules!!
Otherwise you will find a lot of informations in our forum by using the search button in the top of each page.
It' s surely unnecessary to know the address of Rochus Misch if you want to write a summary of his life for school!
You can' t expect to find out his address publicly and worldwide in our forum.

I have to stop your zest for action, a little bit too eager !!

D. Zinke, moderator
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 17 Jul 2006, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 17 Jul 2006, 12:13

A few months ago I bought a DVD boxset which includes the documentary "THE STORY OF ADOLF HITLER".

The film-makers took Rochus Misch back to the Fuhrerbunker and he tells the story of what happened on 30th April 1945 - very much in the way Karl describes earlier on in this thread.

It's a fascinating scene if you ever get the chance to see this otherwise mediocre documentary.

Lebensbornagain

Post by Lebensbornagain » 19 Jul 2006, 02:44

Every man who served in the SS took an oath of loyalty to Adolf Hitler. It is possible to admire a man for being true to the oath he has taken and for his loyalty, without condoning the policies of the organization to which he belonged.

History Teacher

COntact Rochus Misch

Post by History Teacher » 26 Jun 2007, 18:12

I am a history teacher and would like to contact Rochus Misch and ask for an autographed photo and ask questions about his service. Does anyone know how I can contact him?

Thank you.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 26 Jun 2007, 18:43

As an old man Rochus Misch don' t want to contact furhermore unbeknown people.
Please you will respect this great desire!!

Dieter Zinke

ritterkreuz1945

Post by ritterkreuz1945 » 29 Jun 2007, 05:36

Geli wrote:
gunslinger wrote:Well im tempted to agree with Panzerass reaction,
With all respect, but,
I nearly cried when I arrived at his house and saw both ornaments on display in his living room. Rochus had saved all of my letters to him
I,m not sure about this sort of admiration :?
can some one pleace explain, where interest stops, and admiration begins.
especialy in this field of interest.
You know something? You really have a lot of nerve. I admire Rochus Misch because he's a nice person. He has been through very traumatic events in his lifetime -- fighting in combat, having to stand by while his boss and others committed suicide, having to witness a mother poisoning her six children, being captured by the Russian Army, and undergoing imprisonment and torture. Many people would never want to speak of such horrors, but Rochus has shown a lot of class and personal strength by sharing his memories with those who are curious about the history he lived through. I am not a historian; I am not making a documentary film; I did not offer Rochus any money or "air time" for speaking with me. And yet, he invited me, a total stranger from another country, into his own home for several hours, because I was interested in his experiences.

If you have a problem with the fact that I *like* Rochus, then I have only this to say to you:
Judge not lest ye be judged.

WELL SAID!!!

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 29 Jul 2007, 17:21

Bjørn from Norway
In memoriam

Post by Bjørn from Norway » 30 Jul 2007, 10:15

Hello!
Interesting article!
I wonder what the "last secret" of the Bunker really was. And it looks as if Misch turned 90 years yesterday.

B.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 30 Jul 2007, 12:08

:( Can someone translate this article?

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 30 Jul 2007, 12:44

Try Altavista Babel Fish translation machine. Although not perfect, it gives a good idea.
Max.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”