SS-officer Otto Brenneis

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Mikedc

SS-officer Otto Brenneis

Post by Mikedc » 20 Oct 2005 19:00

Who can help me with some more info on this officer???

I only know his name was Otto Brennais and he was one of the three campcommanders from the Estonian
camp Vaivara.

I can't find anything more on this fellow, did a search through Google and did one on this forum.
So I hope somebody can tell me his DoB/birthplace, his ranks, his party- and SS-number, maybe some
career-info and DoD/place of death.

Thanks,
Mike

Jérôme

Re: SS-officer Otto Brenneis

Post by Jérôme » 20 Oct 2005 19:26

Mikedc wrote:Who can help me with some more info on this officer???

I only know his name was Otto Brennais and he was one of the three campcommanders from the Estonian
camp Vaivara.

I can't find anything more on this fellow, did a search through Google and did one on this forum.
So I hope somebody can tell me his DoB/birthplace, his ranks, his party- and SS-number, maybe some
career-info and DoD/place of death.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,
Here are the missing informations about him:
BRENNEIS, Otto not BRENNAIS
born 03/07/1900 in Landau/Pflaz
SS-Hstuf. 20/04/41
KVK II mS
SS° 73378 - Party-Nr. 2789.294
Served in Dachau KL -1933
Flossenbürg KL 1938-43
Viavara KL 1943-44
Dora KL 1944-45
Best
Jérôme

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 20 Oct 2005 21:03

Hello Jérôme,

Thank you very much.
Sorry for misspelling his name but it was written that way in some documents on the internet as well.

Greetings,
Mike

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 03 Oct 2012 08:18

Otto Brenneis (born July 3, 1900 in Landau in the Palatinate; died May 10, 1945, Heide, Schleswig-Holstein) SS-Hauptsturmführer (1941) was a German and management guide head of site management in several concentration camps.Life [Brenneis was a member of the NSDAP (membership. 2.789.294) and the SS (membership. 73.378). From 1933, Brenneis probably belonged to the warehouse staff of Dachau concentration camp. No later than 1938, he became administrative leader of site management in the Flossenbürg concentration camp, where he was employed until October 1943. He was also administrative leader of site management in the concentration camp Vaivara Parish in Estonia [1], and from September 1944 to April 1945 in the concentration camp Mittelbau. His tasks in the management area included the procurement and distribution of food, clothing and necessary means in the concentration camps. Brenneis was therefore responsible for the inhumane living conditions of concentration camp prisoners in the camps.[2]During the evacuation of the KZ Mittelbau is said to have approximately been on 10 April 1945 in the concentration camp of Bergen-Belsen. Before the acquisition of the BERGEN-BELSEN by the British army, Brenneis had deposed and on 10 May 1945 was said to have fallen when hostilities on the Heath as a Division Commander of the SS-Panzer-Abteilung 11 (IVa) "Hermann von Salza".[3]Brenneis was removed from the list of the accused to the Nordhausen main process together with three other accused at the request of the representative of the prosecution.[4] The District Court Neustadt, 1959 declared dead.
google trans

Translate webpagehttp://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Brenneis

Georg_S

Post by Georg_S » 05 Jan 2017 10:17

According to DRK is SS-Hstuf Otto Brenneis MIA. In the vermisstenliste der DRK was Brenneis last command as attached to the SS-FHA.

//Georg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Waffen-SS, SS-TV, KZ/KL SS-Pz.A.A.
- http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”