NDH Ministers

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Black_Legion

Postby Black_Legion » 08 Apr 2007 18:26

Your list is not full,there are many gaps and holes in it.

Allen Milcic

Postby Allen Milcic » 08 Apr 2007 20:49

Black_Legion wrote:Your list is not full,there are many gaps and holes in it.

Well that input is not very edifying - care to point out these 'gaps and holes' and fill them in, with sources provided? You are otherwise simply wasting bandwidth.

Allen/

Steen Ammentorp

Postby Steen Ammentorp » 10 Apr 2007 17:03

@Allen
Thank you very much for taking your time making the list, and for explaining the role of Begic. It is much appreciated.

@Black_Legion
I must agree with Allen. Your post is of little value in connection with my original question. I would be very interested in hearing what you have to add to the list.

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp
The Generals of World War II

Black_Legion

Postby Black_Legion » 10 Apr 2007 22:03

well ok.
You missed Zdenko Balžekoviæ-Voða Ustaške mladeži sporta
Boban,Rafael-Ustaški vojni voða
Jure Francetiæ-Zapovijednik Crne legije
Maks,?-Voða logora za zarobljenike
There are more in the list,but they are not Ministri but leaders thet were of big importance to the NDH,you can read more in the TKO JE TKO U NDH

by

Allen Milcic

Postby Allen Milcic » 10 Apr 2007 22:31

Black_Legion wrote:well ok.
You missed Zdenko Balžekoviæ-Voða Ustaške mladeži sporta
Boban,Rafael-Ustaški vojni voða
Jure Francetiæ-Zapovijednik Crne legije
Maks,?-Voða logora za zarobljenike
There are more in the list,but they are not Ministri but leaders thet were of big importance to the NDH,you can read more in the TKO JE TKO U NDH

by

None of these individuals were ministers in the NDH government.

Best regards,
Allen/

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: NDH Ministers (Ivica Frković)

Postby Ivan Ž. » 02 Aug 2017 01:25

Does anyone know whether Minister Ivica Frković held a Domobran officer rank (if so, which one)?

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

G. Trifkovic
Forum Staff

Re: NDH Ministers

Postby G. Trifkovic » 02 Aug 2017 13:28

Hi komsija,

as far as his military career is concerned, Tko je tko u NDH, Zagreb: Minerva, 1997, pp. 120-121, mentions only that Frkovic commanded a battalion on the Italian Front in WW1.

Cheers,

G.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Postby Ivan Ž. » 02 Aug 2017 14:14

Cheers, neighborino (but I've already checked "Tko je tko" :) ).

Please see the attached photo (from mid-1943); I'm quite sure that the man is Minister Frković. And it seems that he is wearing Domobran officer patches (a two-trefoil rank = most likely a Lieutenant Colonel). Frković was the supervisor of the "Devil's Division", so perhaps he was transferred to the Domobranstvo on this occasion or something similar? Any info is most welcome.

nn.jpg

Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Larry D.
Financial supporter

Postby Larry D. » 03 Aug 2017 12:53

Here is all I have on him:

FRKOVIĆ, Ivica (vitez). 06.10.42 state minister for Bosnia and Hercegovina of the NDH (and 13.09.43 and 07.05.45). c. 10.43 Minister, chief of the Civil Administration for the Velika Župa of Sarajevo, Tuzla and Travnik with HQ in Sarajevo, and concurrently Croatian representative accredited to HQ German 369. Inf.Div.
FRKOVIĆ, Ivica. 11.44 Ust. Pukovnik, CO of either Coastal Sector Command Neretva or Hum-Dubrava.

It looks like he had several different positions at the same time.

L.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Postby Ivan Ž. » 03 Aug 2017 14:51

Thank you, Larry.

So he is credited as an Ustasha Colonel in late 1944 (but still no confirmation whether he held such a rank in the Domobranstvo as well).

Another detail, regarding the above photo: has anyone seen such (a combination of) cap insignia before? It's not sharp enough, but it seems that he is wearing an Ustasha badge at the top of his cap and a Domobran badge in the centre (or something similar), I don't think I've seen such a combination of badges before. Any info on this detail is welcome as well.

Cheers,
Ivan

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Postby Ivan Ž. » 08 Aug 2017 16:00

Ivan Ž. wrote:Another detail, regarding the above photo: has anyone seen such (a combination of) cap insignia before? It's not sharp enough, but it seems that he is wearing an Ustasha badge at the top of his cap and a Domobran badge in the centre (or something similar), I don't think I've seen such a combination of badges before.

I've seen the insignia before, but I forgot. It's Domobran after all.

[a cut from a different officer's photo, but the insignia is the same]
insignia.jpg

Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”