Without the Fall of France, do you think that Hungary eventually ends up losing its territorial gains from 1938-1939?

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
User avatar
steppewolf
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: 24 Feb 2017 07:38
Location: Bucharest

Re: Without the Fall of France, do you think that Hungary eventually ends up losing its territorial gains from 1938-1939

Post by steppewolf » 10 Nov 2021 12:40

I am amazed by the number of threads discussing contrafactual history regarding Hungary's chances to gain Transylvanian land...this is the last one but we also have

"Was the idea of returning the Szekely Land to Hungary but with an extraterritorial road connection ever considered?"
"Did Miklos Horthy ever consider the idea of a Hapsburg restoration in Hungary after his death?"
"Hungary and neutrality in World War II"
"Was it a mistake for Miklos Horthy (the Hungarian regent) to seek a separate peace?"
"Without King Michael's Coup, do you think that Romania would have still gotten Northern Transylvania back after WWII?"
"Why weren't Hungarians expelled from neighboring countries after World War II like Germans were?"

All are started by the same poster and suggest one and only agenda :lol: some of the posts are like the trolling from Quora, suggesting the answer in the question and posted just to create a discussion and provoke reactions.

Futurist
Member
Posts: 3642
Joined: 24 Dec 2015 00:02
Location: SoCal

Re: Without the Fall of France, do you think that Hungary eventually ends up losing its territorial gains from 1938-1939

Post by Futurist » 10 Nov 2021 20:10

steppewolf wrote:
10 Nov 2021 12:40
I am amazed by the number of threads discussing contrafactual history regarding Hungary's chances to gain Transylvanian land...this is the last one but we also have

"Was the idea of returning the Szekely Land to Hungary but with an extraterritorial road connection ever considered?"
"Did Miklos Horthy ever consider the idea of a Hapsburg restoration in Hungary after his death?"
"Hungary and neutrality in World War II"
"Was it a mistake for Miklos Horthy (the Hungarian regent) to seek a separate peace?"
"Without King Michael's Coup, do you think that Romania would have still gotten Northern Transylvania back after WWII?"
"Why weren't Hungarians expelled from neighboring countries after World War II like Germans were?"

All are started by the same poster and suggest one and only agenda :lol: some of the posts are like the trolling from Quora, suggesting the answer in the question and posted just to create a discussion and provoke reactions.
The question about a separate peace was actually asked with the intention of saving much more of Hungary's Jewish population. And believe me, I'm quite content that the Second Vienna Award got reversed after the end of World War II and that Romania got Northern Transylvania back from Hungary. And I have no doubt that NATO would kick Hungary's butt if it will ever try to reacquire Northern Transylvania by force in the future and Romania could not successfully deal with Hungary by itself. :D Seriously.

I'm actually very sympathetic towards Romanian aspirations to Greater Romania. I hope that Moldova will eventually rejoin Romania, though this likely won't be for several decades if ever.

Peter89
Member
Posts: 1251
Joined: 28 Aug 2018 05:52
Location: Spain

Re: Without the Fall of France, do you think that Hungary eventually ends up losing its territorial gains from 1938-1939

Post by Peter89 » 15 Nov 2021 17:45

Futurist wrote:
10 Nov 2021 20:10
And I have no doubt that NATO would kick Hungary's butt if it will ever try to reacquire Northern Transylvania by force in the future
NATO is a joke.

If Turkey attacks Greece, which country will it support?
If Hungary attacks Romania, which country will it support?

NATO is an instrument of American or Anglo-Saxon world domination, which has began to crumble already, but will be over in 10 years.

Also let's not forget that Hungary has lost all her wars in 500 years, and the alliances she joined ended in disintegration and disaster. Also when Hungary and Romania (or the predecessors of Romania) were in the same alliance, usually against Russians or Turks, they did not advance on each other based on their own merits, but because they have been partitioned in a way that guaranteed divide and conquer for the great powers.

Also, you couldn't raise a battalion of volunteers to attack Romania, so what are we talking about at all?
“And while I am talking to you, mothers and fathers, I give you one more assurance. I have said this before, but I shall say it again, and again and again. Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars." - FDR, October 1940

Futurist
Member
Posts: 3642
Joined: 24 Dec 2015 00:02
Location: SoCal

Re: Without the Fall of France, do you think that Hungary eventually ends up losing its territorial gains from 1938-1939

Post by Futurist » 23 Nov 2021 06:21

Peter89 wrote:
15 Nov 2021 17:45
Futurist wrote:
10 Nov 2021 20:10
And I have no doubt that NATO would kick Hungary's butt if it will ever try to reacquire Northern Transylvania by force in the future
NATO is a joke.

If Turkey attacks Greece, which country will it support?
If Hungary attacks Romania, which country will it support?

NATO is an instrument of American or Anglo-Saxon world domination, which has began to crumble already, but will be over in 10 years.

Also let's not forget that Hungary has lost all her wars in 500 years, and the alliances she joined ended in disintegration and disaster. Also when Hungary and Romania (or the predecessors of Romania) were in the same alliance, usually against Russians or Turks, they did not advance on each other based on their own merits, but because they have been partitioned in a way that guaranteed divide and conquer for the great powers.

Also, you couldn't raise a battalion of volunteers to attack Romania, so what are we talking about at all?
Re: Your Hungary vs. Romania question: If Hungary is the aggressor, NATO will support Romania, no doubt. Less sure about Turkey vs. Greece, though.

Peter89
Member
Posts: 1251
Joined: 28 Aug 2018 05:52
Location: Spain

Re: Without the Fall of France, do you think that Hungary eventually ends up losing its territorial gains from 1938-1939

Post by Peter89 » 24 Nov 2021 12:13

Futurist wrote:
23 Nov 2021 06:21
Peter89 wrote:
15 Nov 2021 17:45
Futurist wrote:
10 Nov 2021 20:10
And I have no doubt that NATO would kick Hungary's butt if it will ever try to reacquire Northern Transylvania by force in the future
NATO is a joke.

If Turkey attacks Greece, which country will it support?
If Hungary attacks Romania, which country will it support?

NATO is an instrument of American or Anglo-Saxon world domination, which has began to crumble already, but will be over in 10 years.

Also let's not forget that Hungary has lost all her wars in 500 years, and the alliances she joined ended in disintegration and disaster. Also when Hungary and Romania (or the predecessors of Romania) were in the same alliance, usually against Russians or Turks, they did not advance on each other based on their own merits, but because they have been partitioned in a way that guaranteed divide and conquer for the great powers.

Also, you couldn't raise a battalion of volunteers to attack Romania, so what are we talking about at all?
Re: Your Hungary vs. Romania question: If Hungary is the aggressor, NATO will support Romania, no doubt. Less sure about Turkey vs. Greece, though.
Are you that sure? For example, when the Albanians ceded from Yugoslavia, the NATO actively supported the aggressor. In any case, this is quite impossible to happen (you won't really find soldiers for such a war), and the US / UK forces might simply delegate this question to the European powers, because it is not beneficial for the US to take sides.
“And while I am talking to you, mothers and fathers, I give you one more assurance. I have said this before, but I shall say it again, and again and again. Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars." - FDR, October 1940

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”