Why did Germany consider Hungarians as Honorary Aryans?

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 01 Sep 2006, 17:22

Sergey wrote:There are is another remarkable feature: an order of name and surname. In almost all languages it is:

Name Surname

but in Korean and Hungarian languages it is reversed. For example:

Kim Il-sung (Kim is a surname).

Szabo Istvan (Szabo is a surname)
Right. All AHF members except Peter H who has deep knowledge on Asian culture and history called me Kim which is my surname.

One day Marcus Wendel asked me "Which is correct, "Hi Kim" och "Hi Sung"?"

I wrote to him "Hi Sung" is correct. :)

Attila Tassy

Post by Attila Tassy » 01 Sep 2006, 17:41

Kim Sung wrote:
Christian W. wrote:
I cant find any similarities between Hungarian and Finnish writing to be honest.
these language groups.... it looks like a fairy tale
You certainly are wrong about this.
Hungarian and Finnish have a lot of grammatic similarities.

For example, postpositions are more common in Finnish than prepositions. And both languages have much inflectional grammar, a certain freedom of word order exists which is lacking in English.
..and? Who says that the languages are related because of that? Obivously someone made a theory, and it was accepted, hell knows why...but I could ask this about the indo european languages as well. How the hell can be a slavic language like Russian to be related to German for example. They are totally different languages, and both of them were placed into the "indo european" language group. I wonder who decided these things, and why. It is making no sense to me, and I dont care that this is the accepted theory or not, this is just a theory. Personally I think that there isnt any relations between Hungarian - Finnish or German - Russian languages.

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 01 Sep 2006, 17:45

Attila Tassy wrote:Personally I think that there isnt any relations between Hungarian - Finnish or German - Russian languages.
If you search any language close to Hungarian in Europe, it's Finnish (and Estonian).

dragos03

Post by dragos03 » 01 Sep 2006, 18:40

What about some of the languages spoken by small communities in Russia (in places like the Urals and other possible Hungarian homeland)? Do they speak any language similar to Hungarian?

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 01 Sep 2006, 20:55

Obivously someone made a theory, and it was accepted, hell knows why
No, they are related. It's no theory.
What about some of the languages spoken by small communities in Russia (in places like the Urals and other possible Hungarian homeland)? Do they speak any language similar to Hungarian?
But of course!

The Finno-Ugric peoples who still live in Russia speak languages related to ours. I watch a docmentary about them recently and I pity them. They had to go trough a lot of stuff during the communist reing.

Allen Milcic

Post by Allen Milcic » 01 Sep 2006, 21:54

* This thread has wandered far enough away from its original topic to warrant closure. Kindly open threads on languages in the appropriate sections. Thank you. *

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”