Need help identifying an Ustasha (Family member).

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Eliza

Re: Ivica Brkljačić

Post by Eliza » 19 Feb 2012, 20:18

Dr Eisvogel wrote:What does it mean "first Croatian actor"?
Sotošek acted in one of the first Croatian films - "Matija Gubec" (1917). The script for Matija Gubec was writen by the famous Croatian novelist Marija Jurić Zagorka. Unfortunately, the film is lost. Please, check out this timeline:

http://www.hfs.hr/hfs/zapis_clanak_detail.asp?sif=32472

I've managed to find a screenshot from another film Sotošek played in (Dvije sirote):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1920-Zorka-Grund ... 0313512406

Dr Eisvogel

Post by Dr Eisvogel » 21 Feb 2012, 19:11

Eliza wrote:
Dr Eisvogel wrote:What does it mean "first Croatian actor"?
Sotošek acted in one of the first Croatian films - "Matija Gubec" (1917). The script for Matija Gubec was writen by the famous Croatian novelist Marija Jurić Zagorka. Unfortunately, the film is lost. Please, check out this timeline:

http://www.hfs.hr/hfs/zapis_clanak_detail.asp?sif=32472

I've managed to find a screenshot from another film Sotošek played in (Dvije sirote):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1920-Zorka-Grund ... 0313512406
Dear Eliza,

thank you very much for clarification.

Best regards,
Eisvogel

Croata

Re: Need help identifying Ustasha Officer. (Family member).

Post by Croata » 25 Feb 2012, 18:00

Larry D. wrote:There is only one name that's even close and it's a direct hit:

SABOL, Tomo. 1942 Ust. Poručnik (Obrana), commandant of the women’s prison at Stara Gradiška concentration camp.

The first name is different but "Ante" may have been his middle name or a nickname. However, the rest of the information you provided fits perfectly and he is the only Ustasha officer in a data base of 3,500 officers that begins with "Sabo" with one exception:

SABOLIĆ, Franjo. c. 02.42 appt deputy chief of the Zagreb – Prigorje Security Police/UNS Section I. 06.07.44 state secretary of the Interior Ministry with some authority over RAVSIGUR.

So, Tomo Sabol is probably your wife's ggf. Since he was Obrana and involved with the camps, there should be a thick dossier on him in the former Yugoslav war crimes archives. Perhaps some of the other members here can offer some suggestions on how to access the archive files that have information on him and/or the titles of books on the Stara Gradiška camp.

L.
Men, where is this database? I could use it.
Bosnian pride world wide!

Ghost1960

Re: Need help identifying an Ustasha (Family member).

Post by Ghost1960 » 21 Dec 2013, 20:09

Hello.I need information about my grandfather.His last name was Perković and he was born in city called Orahovica.I would appreciate any information.

waltham

Post by waltham » 12 Feb 2017, 19:37

Eliza wrote:Hello to everyone! :)

I'm looking for any available information on Ivica - one of the Jasenovac commanders (and possibly my grandmother's cousin). I've read entries about him in Tko je tko u NDH and Vladimir Dedijer's book Jasenovac i Vatikan (not sure if that's the correct title). Also, I've managed to find some info on the internet that Ivica was Pivac's subordinate in the Slana camp on the island of Pag (Tko je tko in NDH doesn't mention that). Were there any other Ustasa officers by that surname in Jasenovac? Does anyone have any photos of him? I'm grateful for any piece of information.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Excuse my English.
Dear Eliza,
I am aware that 5 years past from this post of yours.
I am a granddauther of Ivica Brkljačić. His wife , my grandmother died 2 months ago, and in last few years we spoke a lot about war and afterwar times. I was researching more about mh grandfather and that is the reason I registered on this forum.
I can say that some information are new for me, and also can confirm the most of information I have foubd here.
If you are still active on this forum please contact me on my email. Maybe we are related.

Thank you for all information you and others give here.
My grandgrandmother was Marija Sotošek from Zagreb, the mother of Ivica and Jurica. Ther father Jerko was a teacher. They lived in Brušane....

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”