Photos and videos clips of Hungary and Finland

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
CanKiwi2

Photos and videos clips of Hungary and Finland

Post by CanKiwi2 » 09 Feb 2012, 16:33

Hi all,

I'm writing a "What If" which is being posted in the Finland section (it got a bit too realistic for the What If section) which incorporates a lot of real history. (http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 9&t=172747)

Currently I am working on a section on Foreign Volunteers who assisted Finland in the Winter War - with a large section on Hungary and the Hungarian Volunteers. It is of course being fictionalised (I have a full Division of Hungarian Volunteers rather than the few hundred that did come) but I am trying to keep as much of the background as realistic and factual as possible.

Along those lines, I am looking for any videoclips and photos of the Hungarian-Finnish relationship from early days up until the Winter War. Also any Hungarian news clips of the Winter War, newspaper articles, stuff like that. Any help at all greatly appreciated.

Also, if you are interested in a cameo appearance as a Hungarian Volunteer in the Winter War, feel free to PM me with any relevant details and I will be happy to include you :D - and if you have a photo of, your "persona" along with a "career description and life story" I can write that in too.

Anyhow, I have one videoclip I need a bit of help with. Will post that next.

Thanks in advance for any help with this............Nigel
ex Ngāti Tumatauenga ("Tribe of the Maori War God") aka the New Zealand Army

CanKiwi2

Re: Photos and videos clips of Hungary and Finland

Post by CanKiwi2 » 09 Feb 2012, 16:38

Hi all,

Picked this up from YouTube. Unfortunately Google Translate does not work too well on Audio and my Finnish and Hungarian is non-existent. On the Finland Forum, Jagala commented that the occasion is probably the opening of the Finnish embassy in Budapest in 1934 and the Finnish Prime Minister, Kivimäki, refers to the common ancestral home of the Fenno-Ugric peoples from which our Magyar brothers from the Ugric side of the family, have travelled an epic journey.

Can someone tell me what the Hungarian PM, Gyula Gömbös, is saying. One assumes he replies in a similar tone.....

Thanks..............Nigel
ex Ngāti Tumatauenga ("Tribe of the Maori War God") aka the New Zealand Army

Khor

Post by Khor » 27 Oct 2020, 13:45

Hi!

I know, this has been posted years ago, but send me a message if you are still interested.
Basically the volunteer numbers could be much higher as it was planned originally, but the long journey made it difficult.
If you find an alternate way for them to travel (maybe trough Poland), than the numbers would have been in the thousands.
Not to mention, while officially they were all volunteers, they were in fact soldiers in the Hungarian army, so trained and battle ready.

János

olidajin

Post by olidajin » 22 Dec 2020, 10:48

You can use Google or Youtube, 4.0 era this is really easy

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”