Romanian 1st armored division

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
gerion

Romanian 1st armored division

Post by gerion » 25 Jul 2015, 13:45

I would like to ask you knowlegdeable people a question about the 1st armored division.
I know that in 1944 they received some panzer iv and some stugIII. Does anyone know whether they were used in original fabrication color (probably the typical dark grey used by the germans) or did the Romanians changes the color and if so, what color did they use?
Also, what markings were put on the tank? I suppose they use the yellow and blue st Michaels cross and possibly also a white(ish) outline of this cross but did they also number their tanks? If they did, does anyone know what numbers were used and where the were put(side or back of the cupola).

In advance, thanks for sharing your knowledge

shamirnewell

Re: Romanian 1st armored division

Post by shamirnewell » 25 Jul 2015, 15:24

gerion wrote:I would like to ask you knowlegdeable people a question about the 1st armored division.
I know that in 1944 they received some panzer iv and some stugIII. Does anyone know whether they were used in original fabrication color (probably the typical dark grey used by the germans) or did the Romanians changes the color and if so, what color did they use?
Also, what markings were put on the tank? I suppose they use the yellow and blue st Michaels cross and possibly also a white(ish) outline of this cross but did they also number their tanks? If they did, does anyone know what numbers were used and where the were put(side or back of the cupola).

In advance, thanks for sharing your knowledge

Might want to check this http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=49004.0

gerion

Post by gerion » 25 Jul 2015, 20:15

Thanks a lot, that was kinda what i was looking for and equally formy romanian fow armored division

Alanmccoubrey

Post by Alanmccoubrey » 25 Jul 2015, 20:47

The Rumanians left the German AFV's in their original colours, having done the same with their German AFV's earlier in the war.
Alan

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”