Hungarian march ?

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
GregSingh

Hungarian march ?

Post by GregSingh » 14 Mar 2017 23:15

Video footage of Hungarian Army taking over parts of Northern Yugoslavia in 1941.
Good shots of vehicles of Mobile Corps entering Újvidék / Novi Sad at 12:38

Several Hungarian marches are played, usually easily identifiable.
I am interested in the one starting at 20:58, does not sound like Hungarian and not in 50-60 top Hungarian ones you can find on YouTube. Perhaps old German or Austrian one ?
If we become increasingly humble about how little we know, we may be more eager to search.

Dr Eisvogel

Re: Hungarian march ?

Post by Dr Eisvogel » 19 Mar 2017 14:30

GregSingh wrote:

Video footage of Hungarian Army taking over parts of Northern Yugoslavia in 1941.
Good shots of vehicles of Mobile Corps entering Újvidék / Novi Sad at 12:38

Several Hungarian marches are played, usually easily identifiable.
I am interested in the one starting at 20:58, does not sound like Hungarian and not in 50-60 top Hungarian ones you can find on YouTube. Perhaps old German or Austrian one ?
Dear Mr. Singh,

I am sorry for not being able to identify the particular march, but I have a suggestion.

You could open the same thread on the sub-forum Music of the Reich (http://forum.axishistory.com/viewforum.php?f=81), where there are many more music experts and if it is indeed German or Austrian march, there is a better chance that somebody would recognize it.

Best regards,
Eisvogel

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”