Female Resistance in Hungary during Holocaust

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Rachael

Female Resistance in Hungary during Holocaust

Post by Rachael » 25 Nov 2018, 11:34

Hi All,

New member here. Am currently researching for a historical fiction novel about a Jewish woman involved in the underground resistance in Hungary (Budapest) during WWII. I am based in Australia, and finding it very hard to find info, even after writing and researching for over a year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I only know of one woman, Judit Charody, who was part of an underground Zionist movement and emigrated to Australia. Sadly she passed away not long ago, because it would have been very special to talk to her.

wm

Re: Female Resistance in Hungary during Holocaust

Post by wm » 25 Nov 2018, 21:13

I suppose the story of George Mantello's (the man who stopped the trains to Auschwitz) wife, Irene may be useful.
The resistance in Hungary barely existed so it will be hard to find a good story for a novel, even if fictional.

btw have you read "Brothers for Resistance and Rescue: The Underground Zionist Youth Movement in Hungary during World War II" or "The Halutz Resistance in Hungary 1942-1944"?

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”