Alexandar Mišić death

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Carnaro

Alexandar Mišić death

Post by Carnaro » 23 Dec 2018, 23:31

Hello

According to the generally accepted version Alexandar Mišić was executed by germans in Valjevo on december 17, 1941 following his capture in Struganik during the so-called Operation Mihailovic.
Mišić, together with Ivan Fregl, was captured on december 6 and subsequently was closed in jail in Valjvo where he was questioned by germans. The KTB of the Bev.Kdr. Gen. in Serbien confirms that an order was given on december 8 to the Officer Ic of the 342 ID to proceed with interrogation of Misic.
Later, both Misic and Fregl were condamned to death end executed by a firing squad. The narrative tell us that Fregl taken the command of the firing squad giving it the order of fire.

However, an alternative version recently appeared, explained by Miloslav SAMARDŽIĆ according to which Misic was not killed in Valjevo but instead he was closed into KL Sabac and later transferred in prison in Linz. According to SAMARDŽIĆ in spring 1944 Misic was still alive somewhere in Austria:

http://www.pogledi.rs/%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%8 ... 0%B8-1941/

So, my question is: is SAMARDŽIĆ version somehow reliable or is nothing but a speculation?

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Alexandar Mišić death

Post by Ivan Ž. » 25 Dec 2018, 16:26

Hello, Carnaro

My most friendly suggestion is to ignore such sources, it's a waste of time and an insult to the reader. "A myth created by the Germans with some intention" - what kind of a statement is that? There are no documents to prove it but it's a fact. Maybe they created the myth in order to move the prisoner to Germany so that he could make Chetnik insignia there in peace? Yes, some people proved everything when they stated that they saw or thought they saw him or someone with the same name alive. Military commanders and reports lied. For there was an intention... :? :roll:

Cheers,
Ivan

Carnaro

Re: Alexandar Mišić death

Post by Carnaro » 27 Dec 2018, 11:16

Ivan Ž. wrote:
25 Dec 2018, 16:26
Hello, Carnaro

My most friendly suggestion is to ignore such sources, it's a waste of time and an insult to the reader. "A myth created by the Germans with some intention" - what kind of a statement is that? There are no documents to prove it but it's a fact. Maybe they created the myth in order to move the prisoner to Germany so that he could make Chetnik insignia there in peace? Yes, some people proved everything when they stated that they saw or thought they saw him or someone with the same name alive. Military commanders and reports lied. For there was an intention... :? :roll:

Cheers,
Ivan

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah. I suspected it was a mere speculation based on nothing... neverthless, I had a pretty little hope that Mr Samardzic had in his hand something more solid than just a speculation. Ok problem solved. :D

Cheers
Max

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”