Looking for material on the Second Hungarian Army

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Grimalkinii

Looking for material on the Second Hungarian Army

Post by Grimalkinii » 21 Jan 2020, 12:28

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around a lot recently for any books or reading material I can find on the 2nd Hungarian Army during World War II (in English, of course). I have searched myself but maybe I've been looking in the wrong places and haven't been asking the right people -- I'd appreciate any suggestions or recommendations, and if there are none that can be thought of for this specific a topic please feel free to recommend me any other books out there on the Hungarian Army (or Air Force!) during World War II - or any material on the Bulgarians and their actions if you have any of those in mind. I figure I'll avoid making a second topic by also asking here.

Thank you for your time!

Leo Niehorster

Re: Looking for material on the Second Hungarian Army

Post by Leo Niehorster » 22 Jan 2020, 00:12

You can download my book for free at:
  The Royal Hungarian Army 1920 – 1945
You should be more specific if this material is not what you are looking for.

There are only a few books in English specifically about the ground forces, but there are plenty of books about the air force and its planes.

--
Leo
Information not passed on is lost.
URL: World War II Armed Forces

romsitsa

Post by romsitsa » 08 Feb 2020, 15:05

Hello, Don-bend 1942-43, a bilingual photo album about the 2nd army is the only one that I can remember, text is rather thin, but the pictures are mostly unpublished ones.
Boy Solder by Ervin v. Galantay is a memoir about the sieg of Budapest, imho worth every penny.

Adam

Leo Niehorster

Post by Leo Niehorster » 16 Mar 2020, 10:33

Jeromewaf wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 09:29
You know, the JMyCarousel script you linked to is also jQuery based and free, why not use that one?

Anyways, if you want to use the DD script, Im thinking untested replace in the stepcarousel.js file:

Code:
? ? ?
Information not passed on is lost.
URL: World War II Armed Forces

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”