Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 19 Mar 2020 16:50
- Location: axis history forum
I thought, rather than continue posting individual threads, I should post a few questions together on the same subject in one thread.
- My first question is, in situations where there may have been Japanese and Chinese troops in the same unit, which language was used to give orders? According to this interview with a Manchukuo Airforce veteran, Japanese pilots had to communicate in Chinese with the Chinese pilots. Was it the same in the Army?
- My second question is regarding anti-tank weaponry in service with the Manchukuo Army at the time of the Soviet invasion in August 1945. What sort of anti-tank guns were employed by the Manchukuo Army at this time? And did they also have access to anti-tank rifles or anti-tank grenades?
- My third question regards hand-grenades used by the Manchukuo Army. I have seen reference to "stick type grenades", but with no details. Can anyone elaborate on what models of hand-grenades were used by the Manchukuo Army, and whether they also used Japanese models?
- My fourth question concerns machineguns used by the Manchukuo Army. I have only seen reference to the Type 11 lmg and Type 3 hmg. Did they use any other models of lmg or hmg, for example the Type 92 hmg or Type 96/Type 99 lmg?