Arrowcross movement caused by Trianon

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Orok

Post by Orok » 20 Nov 2003, 23:15

Thanks Abel for your clarification. Now I feel much more comfortable! :lol:

Best Regards!

Windward

Post by Windward » 21 Nov 2003, 05:14

somfa wrote:I support! My personal favourite is ATTILA!
Mine is Horthy. He contributed more for Hungary than Ferenc Szálasi. :wink:

somfa

Post by somfa » 21 Nov 2003, 09:23

Windward wrote:
somfa wrote:I support! My personal favourite is ATTILA!
Mine is Horthy. He contributed more for Hungary than Ferenc Szálasi. :wink:

Szálasi contrebuted almost nothing for Hungary. ( only debris, deads, and losses). This is my personal opinion.

Gyenes

Post by Gyenes » 22 Nov 2003, 03:38

I too like Attila. Only a Hungarian would consider naming his child after a man regarded by the rest of Europe as "the Scourge of God". On the name Hungary I have heard theories that it comes form Turkish "on-ongur" meaning ten arrows in refrence to the ten tribes but I read a report of recently of a report that it in an anciet Turish tounge means "Hun-gar" or Great Hun. Which is even more proof to the overwhelming evidence linking Huns to Hungarians.

I believe all Hungarians would like to see Hungary returned to its rightful place in Europe. Say, Somfa do you feel that with the entry of Hungary into the EU that that would hinder efforts of "Hungarian unification."

Gyenes

Post by Gyenes » 22 Nov 2003, 03:50

A nice excert I found about Why Hungary was Axis...

A Thousand Years of the Hungarian Art of War
by Anthony Tihamer Komjathy

The Hungarian soldier did not f1ght for Hitler's aims. No military alliance was ever signed between Germany and Hungary. If the Hungarian armies fought to the bitter end on the side of Germany, they did so because they were soldiers who had learned to obey orders and defend their homeland against the Soviet armies well above the call of duty. This patriotism - love of the fatherland - makes heroes of the soldiers of the ill-fated 2nd army, those of the occupational forces, and of the young soldiers of the Szent Laszlo and other divisions. We accept the realities of war and the unavoidable consequences of "Vae victis". It should not prevent us from paying tribute to the heroes and to their deeds.

If you would like to read more:
http://www.wargamesdirectory.com/html/a ... efault.asp

somfa

Post by somfa » 22 Nov 2003, 11:34

Gyenes wrote:I too like Attila. Only a Hungarian would consider naming his child after a man regarded by the rest of Europe as "the Scourge of God". On the name Hungary I have heard theories that it comes form Turkish "on-ongur" meaning ten arrows in refrence to the ten tribes but I read a report of recently of a report that it in an anciet Turish tounge means "Hun-gar" or Great Hun. Which is even more proof to the overwhelming evidence linking Huns to Hungarians.

I believe all Hungarians would like to see Hungary returned to its rightful place in Europe. Say, Somfa do you feel that with the entry of Hungary into the EU that that would hinder efforts of "Hungarian unification."
I also think Attila was the ancestor of the Hungarians and his realm was bigger than any other realm in the history. Personally I'm proud of being a Hungarian, progeny of the Huns.

Of course all Hungarians would like to see this country as big and powerful as it was in the past but unfortunately it will stay only a dream. By the entry of the EU the Hungarians living abroad as minority will need a visa to get into Hungary. Hungary will be the border of the EU and because of this the visa will be very hard to get. After a few years when the other countries(I mean the other countries include Hungarian terrorities) join the EU it will look like it would have united again. But it won't be Hungary but EU. So the hope we will get back our history and our big beautiful country will stay only a dream will never come true.

Gyenes

Post by Gyenes » 22 Nov 2003, 19:56

Yes, but EU could be the closest thing to a unitied Hungary in '80 some years. Also Hungarians are gaining some rights abroad in which I am very pleased. Such good things include a Hungarian-language telivison channel in Transylvania and A Hungarian University in Slovakia to name a few.

Maybe some day Hungarians dreams will come true. Until that day we can only do that, dream.

Victor

Post by Victor » 22 Nov 2003, 22:33

somfa wrote: I also think Attila was the ancestor of the Hungarians and his realm was bigger than any other realm in the history.
The biggest land empire in history was the Mongolian Empire in the 13th century.
Gyenes wrote: Also Hungarians are gaining some rights abroad in which I am very pleased. Such good things include a Hungarian-language telivison channel in Transylvania.
It is not a novelty. I live in Bucharest and have 2 or 3 Hungarian channels on cable for some time now. I suppose they were also available in Transylvania (the cable company started out in Oradea/Nagyvarad).

Abel Ravasz

Post by Abel Ravasz » 23 Nov 2003, 14:55

I too like Attila. Only a Hungarian would consider naming his child after a man regarded by the rest of Europe as "the Scourge of God". On the name Hungary I have heard theories that it comes form Turkish "on-ongur" meaning ten arrows in refrence to the ten tribes but I read a report of recently of a report that it in an anciet Turish tounge means "Hun-gar" or Great Hun. Which is even more proof to the overwhelming evidence linking Huns to Hungarians.
Regarding the Huns as the ancestors of the Hungarians is totally unfounded and unscholarly; this is just a popular myth.
Of course all Hungarians would like to see this country as big and powerful as it was in the past but unfortunately it will stay only a dream. By the entry of the EU the Hungarians living abroad as minority will need a visa to get into Hungary. Hungary will be the border of the EU and because of this the visa will be very hard to get. After a few years when the other countries(I mean the other countries include Hungarian terrorities) join the EU it will look like it would have united again. But it won't be Hungary but EU. So the hope we will get back our history and our big beautiful country will stay only a dream will never come true.
This is absoultely false. Slovakia is joining the EU together with Hungary, and Romania should be in soon! I won't need any visa to get inside Hungary! The dream of a big Hungary is a dream for 'inland' hungarians only: for us joining the EU is the best possible solution to get 'back' to the country. And as for the united land being EU not Hungary is a really common thought but I consider it a rhetorical nonsense.
Yes, but EU could be the closest thing to a unitied Hungary in '80 some years. Also Hungarians are gaining some rights abroad in which I am very pleased. Such good things include a Hungarian-language telivison channel in Transylvania and A Hungarian University in Slovakia to name a few.
Hungarian minorities are having quite good oportunities. We have got the rights we need.

And to end up. Complaining about the rights of the hungarian minorities but not supporting the solution of the countries joining the EU is the worst possible combination of thoughts.

Best,

Abel

Gyenes

Post by Gyenes » 23 Nov 2003, 21:27

Victor wrote: It is not a novelty. I live in Bucharest and have 2 or 3 Hungarian channels on cable for some time now. I suppose they were also available in Transylvania (the cable company started out in Oradea/Nagyvarad).
Really, I did not know that there were that many but I read an article about it in MTI recently(i.e. the one starting in Transylvania).

Gyenes

Post by Gyenes » 23 Nov 2003, 21:30

Abel Ravasz wrote:And to end up. Complaining about the rights of the hungarian minorities but not supporting the solution of the countries joining the EU is the worst possible combination of thoughts.

Best,

Abel
I am not saying EU is a bad idea only that it might give the Hungarians soem sense of unity they have been seeking. Which is a good thing.

Victor

Post by Victor » 23 Nov 2003, 22:31

Abel Ravasz wrote:This is absoultely false. Slovakia is joining the EU together with Hungary, and Romania should be in soon! I won't need any visa to get inside Hungary!
You need a visa now to enter Hungary? Strange.

Abel Ravasz

Post by Abel Ravasz » 23 Nov 2003, 22:57

You need a visa now to enter Hungary? Strange.
No, I don't. I was just answering a post saying that Hungarian minorities will need a visa after joining the EU - which is completely false. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Abel

somfa

Post by somfa » 23 Nov 2003, 23:18

Abel Ravasz wrote:Regarding the Huns as the ancestors of the Hungarians is totally unfounded and unscholarly; this is just a popular myth.
why are you so sure???!!! did you know Atilla or any Hun?

I have read a lot about this and I think and I want to believe that Huns was the ancestors of the Hungarians. Even the name of our country bears the name of Huns...HUNgary.

I think you are aware of the story about Hunor and Magor who were brothers and they hunted the white stag that help them found a new home HUNGARY. So if Hunor and Magor were brothers and Hunor's people were the Huns and Magor's the Magyars than I think we can say that the Huns are our relatives.

somfa

Post by somfa » 23 Nov 2003, 23:23

Abel, the whole story:

THE LEGEND OF THE WHITE STAG:

Once upon a time a King ruled over his land and people
on the slopes of the Himalays.
His name was MENROD. He had two handsome sons:
HUNOR AND MAGOR.

They also were very skillful hunters like their Father.

One day an unusually beautiful WHITE STAG jumped in front of them.
She was so graceful with her speed and beauty:
the young princes were just mesmerized.
As they hunted from the saddle of their horse
Quickly followed this animal.
The WHITE STAG held the Sun in her antlers
And at night she carried the Moon.

It was a long chase, but they would not give up.
Sometimes the STAG disappeared and the hunters
With their people took some rest.
Than again the Stag stood there in her shimmering light
And the chase followed further to the West.
At that age time was not measured by years
But it would make up several years now
Til Hunor and Magor reached the land
Of magnificent beauty.

The grass was silky, plenty of game in the forests
And even more fish in the rivers.
Hunor and Magor arrived in the
Basin of the Carpathian Mountains
Where the River Duna ( Danube) and the river Tisza
followed down the path to the Black Sea
They never saw the White Stag again and they stayed here now
To live happily ever after since on the way