Bulgarian Generals

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
dibo
Financial supporter

Re: Bulgarian Generals

Post by dibo » 06 Jan 2019 09:04

Is this photo was taken on 03.04.1941, Thursday, during the short 1 day visit of Walther von Brauchitsch in Sofia?

Yes and more specifically in front of the World War I Fallen Memorial, which used to be in the barracks area, where currently the National Palace of Culture Park is. There used to be 3 large walls with names and a lion sculpture. One of the walls was destroyed during the allied bombings in 1944, the rest of the memorial was dismantled during the construction of the National Palace of Culture in 1981 and another monument "1300 years Bulgaria" was built close by. After the 1989, there is an ongoing debate whether the Memorial should be rebuilt and where. Finally a decision was made that the monument 1300 years Bulgaria, which in the meantime was becoming dangerous, should be dismantled and the Memorial rebuilt. Currently however just the Lion sculpture has been restored.

An aerial picture of the memorial complex made in the 50s can be seen here:

The memorial walls can be seen on the left.

And what's a name of Bulgarian generals?

Obviously the right one is Lieutenant General Nikola Hadzhipetkov, as mentioned and described above (he has a specific nose and is easy to identify). The left one I can not identify from this photo - do you have a better image of it?

DenesBernad

Post by DenesBernad » 06 Jan 2019 11:12

Talking of Bulgarian Generals, here is a photo I included in my recently published book, Bulgarian Fighter Colours, vol. 1:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkrivchenko

Post by mkrivchenko » 08 Mar 2019 16:45

who this bulgarian general?
ImageImage
ImageImage

dibo
Financial supporter

Post by dibo » 08 Mar 2019 17:03

Well, it is written - Lt. Gen. Nikola Totev Markov, at that time Inspector General of the Infantry.

Barryfax

Bulgarian Generals

Post by Barryfax » 07 Jul 2019 02:24

Well mate,for a start this is not a Bulgarian cap,the flag is maybe the Italian one? but definitely not the Bulgarian one.
And second it doesnt look WW2 period to me.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Emanuil.

dibo
Financial supporter

Post by dibo » 07 Jul 2019 08:19

I must admit I am a bit perplexed. The above reads like a perfectly sound opinion, but it does not make any sense to me.
Could you please indicate what post you are referring to?

Renner aus Schlesien

Post by Renner aus Schlesien » 10 Jul 2019 19:09

dibo wrote:
07 Jul 2019 08:19
I must admit I am a bit perplexed. The above reads like a perfectly sound opinion, but it does not make any sense to me.
Could you please indicate what post you are referring to?
Read his 3 posts...none of them make any sense.

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”