Hungarian Army

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Géza Árbocz

Hungarian Army

Post by Géza Árbocz » 08 Jan 2005, 00:23

I had just found some documents from my father, which contains the following informations:
a. the document issued at 1941, 12th june = Arbocz Miklos gt.szds. having stamped at the top the following: M.Kir.Sarvari 22 Honved Kieészito kirendoltseg, having the following number, hand written: 860/51
b. the document issued at 1942, jan.16 - with the same data than the previous, except the hand writen number, having a typed number 5/ szam kt 1941
c. A ID document with photo, having hard cover, the photo size is 4,5cm x 8cm.high, under it is written Kiallitattot 1942 evben, under it my father's signature, on the other side his birth year and city 1902 Koszeg, under it something I could not understand because there are missing some letters ..letosegi hely Koszeg, under it something printed words I can not read having on it side the following numbers 2442 - 01 -0234
Under it a piece of paper added with glue contains the following data:
hand written number 21 / sz ervenyes 1944 evre
Igasolom, hogy Arbocz Miklos m.kir.g.szazados
a.m.kir Hunyadi Matyas Honved kozepiskolaban telesit tenyleges szolgatatot
A stamp on the bottom, covering partially the signature of the person who issued this document.
On the stamp I can read Honvedi................Parancsosag
My question are the following:
1. What was the M.Kir 22 honvedi kiegeszito kirendoltseg
2. At the document mentioned at point c, can someone identify the missing letters, and what does it means the number 2442 - 01 -0234, and the Hunyadi Matjas Honved Kozepiskola was in the city of Koszeg?
Many thanks, Geza

DenesBernad

Re: Hungarian Army

Post by DenesBernad » 11 Jan 2005, 18:29

Géza Árbocz wrote:something I could not understand because there are missing some letters ..letosegi hely Koszeg,(...)
My question are the following:
1. What was the M.Kir 22 honvedi kiegeszito kirendoltseg
2. At the document mentioned at point c, can someone identify the missing letters, and what does it means the number 2442 - 01 -0234, and the Hunyadi Matjas Honved Kozepiskola was in the city of Koszeg?
The missing letters could be IL, thus the word could be illetöségi hely, which is an old fashioned form for residence location.

"M.Kir 22 honvedi kiegeszito kirendoltseg" could be Magyar Királyi 22. Honvéd kiegészítö kirendeltség, which is translated as something like: Royal Hungarian Honvéd 22nd Complementary Subsidiary. I am sorry, I cannot say exactly what does it mean.

Dénes

Géza Árbocz

Hungarian Army

Post by Géza Árbocz » 12 Jan 2005, 00:04

Dear Denes,

Many thanks for your cooperation on clarifying some points of what I wrote.
I hope that the Hungarian army experts who normally are participating on this forum may help with the rest.
Cordially, Géza

borsod

Post by borsod » 14 Jan 2005, 14:11

Dear Geza!
The number is your fathers's identificiaton number. He wa born in 1901. ("01"). Here is some data for him:http://www.hm-him.hu/rang.
Good luck!

Géza Árbocz

Hungarian Army

Post by Géza Árbocz » 15 Jan 2005, 00:28

Hi Borsod,
Many thanks for your reply.
Cordially, Geza

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”