Croatian Legion in Stalingrad

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Benoit Douville

Post by Benoit Douville » 19 Oct 2002, 18:00

This thread is very interesting. Now i know where tie came from(Cravate in French)

Wolffen

Post by Wolffen » 21 Oct 2002, 13:57

True m8 did you know that there are allot of Croatians near Krakow. They are called White. Why white Croatians you ask because when Croatian tribe moved form parts were today Iran around 7 century is they first settled in Poland to make long story short the tribe split in 2 groups white Croatians and Red Croatians. White Croatians stayed in Poland while Red moved to today’s Croatia simple.

Also what I want to stress Marko Polo is Croatian not Italian. It a common misconception. All the documentaries on him or TV programs say he is Italian I wonder who does their research. Something as saying Colombo is German

:monkee:

Momo

New Site

Post by Momo » 04 Nov 2002, 14:56

I found this site that might help in understanding the Croatian Ustasa movement.

http://www.pavelicpapers.com/

I hope it helps.

Momo

Maresal-06

Post by Maresal-06 » 04 Nov 2002, 21:06

What a tragic end, for these Croatian generals, who fought on the Eastern Front... :|
http://www.generals.dk/Croatia.htm

Ritter

Re: New Site

Post by Ritter » 05 Nov 2002, 05:19

Momo wrote:I found this site that might help in understanding the Croatian Ustasa movement.

http://www.pavelicpapers.com/

I hope it helps.

Momo
Understanding? That is the most biased site.
Don't believe a thing they say there.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 10 Nov 2002, 19:42

Several off topic and some very unfriendly posts were removed.

/Marcus

cybercat

Post by cybercat » 13 Nov 2002, 00:35

I have to disagree with a couple of the posts on this topic. Benoit said that the Ustasa eventually became the Croatian Army in WWII. That's not strictly true. There were only actually about 15-20,000 actual Ustasas during WWII the rest were "Domobran" (Home Guard) units apart from the Croatian Legion which fought as regulars in the Wermacht on the russian front. Later in the war the Croatian forces were bundled together under the title HOS (Hrvatske Odbrane Snage - Croatian Defence Forces). As for King Tomislav's post that Jure Francetic was Croatian this also is not strictly true. Jure was a Bosnian from Sarajevo, regardless that he was a catholic and thought of himself as Croat. His unit, Crna Legija (Black Legion) were made up mostly of Bosnian Muslims and was disbanded in 1942 by the Germans because of the attrocities that they had committed in Eastern Bosnia in reprisal for the massacres that Chetnik units had committed in the Drina Valley and in Sandzak. Many of these Bosnian Muslims and Croats went on to join 13th SS Handzar Division.

Wolffen

Post by Wolffen » 14 Nov 2002, 18:55

cybercat
Jure Francetic was Croatian this also is not strictly true. Jure was a Bosnian from Sarajevo
Wrong
He was Croatian he was form Sunja that near Karlovac!

Atrocities??? Well it’s an eye for an eye principle there was nothing special about it for that time everyone did it?

Bleiburn now that is an atrocity! The soldiers that surrendered to British that betrayed them (nothing new) gave them to partinzans. They had to walk form Bosnia to Slovenia were there were finally slotted. Passing through Serbian village Serbs got to pick a soldier to mutilate cut his hands feat eyes ......... you name it they did it.

I mean they are great inquisition would love them. Here an example during the 1990 war. This is extremely creative they took a pregnant women cut here open in half then took a cat and sown here to the side of torso (cat was pissed at this time how would you feel being pocked by a needle) and cat was nicely lowered into here body were the cat scratched here insides and 7 month old fetus out. Dunno if there are examples to match this it should be in top 10 Guinness torture methods! So you don’t think this is a pigment of my imagination there were newspapers articles published about it and even pictures. Guess the Chetnik soldiers were so proud of them self’s they had to take couple of souvenir photos ;). The iron thing is that Current presidents supporters got a Free you mind award form MTV and he know Chetink the same organization that did the above mentioned. They defiantly free there minds don’t they creativity to its fullest ;)

:monkee:

MaPen

Post by MaPen » 14 Nov 2002, 21:23

Wolffen wrote: Bleiburn now that is an atrocity! The soldiers that surrendered to British that betrayed them (nothing new) gave them to partinzans. They had to walk form Bosnia to Slovenia were there were finally slotted. Passing through Serbian village Serbs got to pick a soldier to mutilate cut his hands feat eyes ......... you name it they did it.
Bleiburg is in Austria and NOT in Bosnia. Therefore, they didn't pass through Serbian villages ...

Wolffen

Post by Wolffen » 14 Nov 2002, 22:09

I know it is near Slo/Aus border. But they went on so called death march form Bleiburg to Macedonia. Same thing japs did to brits! First Bleiburg happend then the death march. Many were killed aT Beliburg the rest of the captured and later captured people including cilians were send on death march

this is some of it
http://www.croatia.net/bleiburg/

Oberst Mihael

Post by Oberst Mihael » 14 Nov 2002, 22:41

The British extradited about ten thousand members of the Slovene Home Guard from Austria back to Yugoslavia, even though they surrendered. Most of them were slaughtered in cold blood, or were put into camps (the infamous Teharje comes to mind). It's very hard for me to forgive the British, it really is...but I hope I'm not offending anyone.

MaPen

Post by MaPen » 14 Nov 2002, 23:02

Wolffen wrote:I know it is near Slo/Aus border. But they went on so called death march form Bleiburg to Macedonia. Same thing japs did to brits! First Bleiburg happend then the death march. Many were killed aT Beliburg the rest of the captured and later captured people including cilians were send on death march

this is some of it
http://www.croatia.net/bleiburg/
I don't know how many of them were marched in Macedonia but I know for sure that the majority of them were killed in two locations in Slovenia - Teharje near Maribor and Kocevski Rog in the southern part of Slovenia. The purpose of Yugoslav communists was to kill those people as quickly as possible and not to show them around. In fact not until late '80s the people of Slovenia and Croatia became aware that mass murder of returned collaborationists had happen shortly after WWII.

Maybe some of the returned prisoners were in fact marched to Macedonia (although I couldn't find the source to confirm this) but it was nothing like infamous Baatan march.

Regarding Francetic's nationality - according to the publication "Who was who in NDH" by Zvonko Dizdar he was born in Prozor, Bosnia.

regards

cybercat

Post by cybercat » 14 Nov 2002, 23:51

Thanks Mapen I knew he was Bosanac but I got the town wrong.

Wolffen. You're preaching to the converted here. I was a Croatian Soldier in 1991 (HOS) when the attrocity with the pregnant woman happened. it wasn't the only attrocity. I served in Baranja (Opca Vukovar) and after surviving that I served around Vinkovci (83 Independant Zagreb Battalion ZNG). I don't need a lecture on what the Cetniks did - I saw it with my own eyes.

Za dom Spremni!

Check out my website http://www.jebiga.co.uk

Wolffen

Post by Wolffen » 15 Nov 2002, 01:03

I know man you know most of us form there know but the world does not!!! That why I am spreading the message. For the truth to be told!

KingTomislav

Post by KingTomislav » 18 Nov 2002, 03:11

First, Jure Francetic was born in Prozor, Bosnia. He died in Sunja. It is believed he was killed by partizans. Francetic was Croatian. Of course, he also was Bosnian, this is his region. Like a man from California is Californian and American.
Black Legion was dismounted when it acomplished her goal; liberate eastern Bosnia from chetnicks.

Za dom

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”