Where is Oberpionier rank to be placed on the uniform?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Das German Uniform Lover

Where is Oberpionier rank to be placed on the uniform?

Post by Das German Uniform Lover » 21 Mar 2019, 23:27

Hello all,

I am a Pionier reenactor, and I've been thinking of taking my units rank test for Oberpionier at some point in the next few months. My unit has no Obers that I'm aware of, and I haven't seen many people with the rank, appointment technically, in general in the area. I'm not sure about how many troops would've been of that rank by 1944, so I'm not sure if it's underrepresented or not.

The thing I'm not sure about is whether there is a specific spot on the uniform where the rank pip should be placed. There doesn't seem to be any specific place it should be placed based on original photos that I've seen. All I've been able to figure is that it should go on the left sleeve somewhere just above the elbow and the middle of the upper arm. Since there doesn't seem to be a specific place to put it should I just sew it on someplace in that area?

Thanks for your help!

von thoma

Re: Where is Oberpionier rank to be placed on the uniform?

Post by von thoma » 22 Mar 2019, 00:20

The rank was identified by a cloth star ( sometimes called a pip ) worn on the upper left sleeve, the collar tabs remained plain like the SS-Pionier.
In the militaries of other nations, Oberpionier was considered the equivalent of a Private First Class.
Attachments
Star.jpg
Star.jpg (4.26 KiB) Viewed 3758 times
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

history1
Banned

Re: Where is Oberpionier rank to be placed on the uniform?

Post by history1 » 26 Mar 2019, 10:23

Das German Uniform Lover wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 23:27
Hello all,
[...] My unit has no Obers that I'm aware of,[...]
Thanks for your help!
Hi,
I would like to help but I don´t have any idea how to ship single cream over to the USA.
Obers = whipping/single cream :lol:

Return to “Reenactment”