Reenacting entry cost?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Octotrooper

Reenacting entry cost?

Post by Octotrooper » 09 Dec 2019, 20:48

So I am interested in WW2 reenactment but am still in school and wondering about the entry cost? I have found a local group (C.H.G) but I am concerned about the cost, is it in the hundreds for all the gear or is it ion the thousands? I have no idea and was wondering if you guys could give a rough estimate. Thanks in advance!

Mikenz

Re: Reenacting entry cost?

Post by Mikenz » 09 Dec 2019, 21:11

Which side you are on? Allies or German?

http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/ww2/pickaunit.htm

Octotrooper

Post by Octotrooper » 09 Dec 2019, 21:29

I'm mainly interested in german reenactment although I haven't decided 100% yet

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 10 Dec 2019, 04:25

Suggest you go ask the guys in the play soldier group what it will cost,, ehh though, these guys (reenactors) are quite anal about newbies and their play acting to an extreme that borders on weirdness. May I suggest you might start up a group of guys you know and do your own German Soldat play acting group, set up your own rules, do actual research on uniforms, etc. Have fun..

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 10 Dec 2019, 04:30

I meet these guys every year at our semi annual TMCA show, I always do the (you know, you can buy actual genuine German uniforms, etc cheaper than you guys can get them as repros, they get all bent out of shape.they will spend a 100.00 dollars on a repro armband when a real one can be bought for 50.00

WilliamDS

Post by WilliamDS » 29 May 2020, 04:33

Octotrooper wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 20:48
So I am interested in WW2 reenactment but am still in school and wondering about the entry cost? I have found a local group (C.H.G) but I am concerned about the cost, is it in the hundreds for all the gear or is it ion the thousands? I have no idea and was wondering if you guys could give a rough estimate. Thanks in advance!
A bit of a late reply but - there are a couple of organizations in California doing German reenacting. However, looking at your profile shows you are quite young at 14 and you would not be allowed to take the field or handle weapons for a couple years yet at least. That's going to be true everywhere. If that is unacceptable to you then I'd just wait to get started.

Cost wise, a full kit is very expensive but most units have loaner kit. You'd probably be expected to purchase a good pair of boots (250-300ish) as those usually are not available as loaner gear but for a while you would be able to borrow gear. The usual rule is that you should have a new piece of kit every event until you are no longer using loaner kit. Often, unit members will have older gear they are willing to sell you at a steep discount.

Return to “Reenactment”