m40 helmet, not impressed

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
aeros66

Re: m40 helmet, not impressed

Post by aeros66 » 10 May 2010, 21:27

dardra wrote:@ aeros66, where can i find this "post"?

Darda- Here's the link to the posts:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=163037

that is why I was suggesting caution when dealing with them. But as someone else suggested , GD43 is the best for field caps...I have one of theirs and it's pretty righteous.

cheers

dardra

Post by dardra » 10 May 2010, 23:33

Ouch!
making me think twice! D:

I ordered a m44 breadbag from ostfront last night because i've heard its the best quality breadbag you can get "i spent $60" but i may want to refund it and get an earlier model so i can participate in reenactments that are not 1944 and on :/

Schriv

Post by Schriv » 11 May 2010, 00:10

Just some friendly advice.....You really should do some serious research before ordering your gear and save yourself a lot of returns/refunds.
I learned that the hard way when I first got into this hobby! :D
After much fumbling around trying to do it on my own, the advice given to me by guys that had been doing this a long time was:

Find an existing unit in your area. they will tell you what to get, and where to get it.
Pick a specific impression. (if not joining an established unit)
Pick one specific era/time-frame to start with. Branch out later.
Do not buy cheap, but do not spend top dollar until you have been re-enacting a while.
Research, research, research!
Trying to piece together an impression with no clear goal in mind, and on a limited budget means you will waste a lot of time and money getting it half right, or all wrong. That is not a good way to get started in what can become a lifelong hobby.

dardra

Post by dardra » 11 May 2010, 04:16

Yeah your right about that schriv, i've been feeling like an idiot latley ordering stuff and having to RMA it, and so far i've learned a lot from my mistakes. ATM i really dont have an impression, i just want to be an ordinary German solider, i've sent Kampfgruppen Hasse a email and hopfully i could get some help from them

cpittman

Post by cpittman » 11 May 2010, 14:18

I tell potential recruits in my group not to buy any item they want to use for reenactment without asking first. By putting together a kit without the advice of a unit you are guaranteed to make more bad purchases. Your unit leaders will be able to tell you what you need and where to get it better than any internet forum. They may even have extra gear that you can buy. Until you join a unit and seek their advice, you have not learned from your mistakes.

dardra

Post by dardra » 11 May 2010, 20:49

Actually yes i have learned from my mistakes cpittman, and am in contact with Kampfgruppen Hasse

CanuckReenact

Post by CanuckReenact » 29 Mar 2020, 07:54

Hi, sorry, this might be slightly off topic but is anyone familiar with this website? http://www.dimsrestoredcombathelmets.com/164996240
They have some restored ww2 helmets that are pretty cheap and was wondering if I should get one.

Return to “Reenactment”