How is my 1940 SS officer reproduction tunic?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Jawol

How is my 1940 SS officer reproduction tunic?

Post by Jawol » 28 Jan 2023, 11:01

What is wrong/ can be Improved? I’ve intentionally left our a cuff title as I’m going for a allegemeine / general ss officer look and not someone specifically in a battalion.

https://imgur.com/a/7tRlO20

W.S.

Re: How is my 1940 SS officer reproduction tunic?

Post by W.S. » 06 Feb 2023, 15:45

You could improve it by sewing the shoulderboards into the shoulders of the tunic.

Jawol

Post by Jawol » 09 Feb 2023, 23:54

W.S. wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 15:45
You could improve it by sewing the shoulderboards into the shoulders of the tunic.
They are. You can’t really tell but it’s done the “
Original” way where the actual cloth sticking out of the board is fitted inside the shoulders and the hand stitched to the seam

W.S.

Post by W.S. » 10 Feb 2023, 21:09

No offence, but it's been poorly done. The outer ends of the shoulderboards pass the seams on the shoulders by at least one cm. The outer ends of the shoulderboards should be right where the seams are. The way it looks now, the shoulderboards look like the slip-on kind.

Another thing that I saw just now looking at the pic again is the white piping on the sleeves. Is it a DDR tunic?

Jawol

Post by Jawol » 24 Feb 2023, 06:58

W.S. wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 21:09
No offence, but it's been poorly done. The outer ends of the shoulderboards pass the seams on the shoulders by at least one cm. The outer ends of the shoulderboards should be right where the seams are. The way it looks now, the shoulderboards look like the slip-on kind.

Another thing that I saw just now looking at the pic again is the white piping on the sleeves. Is it a DDR tunic?

Thanks for the feedback; I am scrapping this.

It was hessen antique and I’m upset at how bad the collar tabs are , as well as the sleeve eagle details being poor. The buttons also seem to not align properly at the top despite them claiming “ it’s the best repro” on the market , lol.

And there should be no white piping on the sleeves though?

W.S.

Post by W.S. » 08 Apr 2023, 18:26

Jawol wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 06:58
W.S. wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 21:09

Thanks for the feedback; I am scrapping this.

It was hessen antique and I’m upset at how bad the collar tabs are , as well as the sleeve eagle details being poor. The buttons also seem to not align properly at the top despite them claiming “ it’s the best repro” on the market , lol.

And there should be no white piping on the sleeves though?
OK. No, no piping on the sleeves. You might want to check out Military Harbor's tunics.

https://www.militaryharbor.com/ww2-germ ... -SS-Tunics

I got my insignias from Nestof, though,

Return to “Reenactment”