Kriegsmarine Reenacting

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Feuerjager

Kriegsmarine Reenacting

Post by Feuerjager » 17 Nov 2006, 14:45

Are their any Kriegsmarine (German WW2 Navy) reenactors out there?

Any serious KM reenacting units around?

<S>!

pzrwest

Post by pzrwest » 17 Nov 2006, 15:34

Yes there is we do Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery You can find all the details here http://hometown.aol.com/greatpolarbear/ ... index.html

Wargames

Post by Wargames » 19 Nov 2006, 07:52

I am not sure if you mean "re-enactmics" by a human wargames or by board wargames. I have wargamed out the characteristics of the KM for both WWI and WWII for board/computer games. I'm quite willing to discuss those characteristics with anyone. Unfortunately, if your intention (as mine was) is to determine if there is an historical naval situation worth recreating for fun, there is not. Only a small portion of the German WWI or WWII Navy could engage the British on "equal" terms (and fewer still on "superior" terms). German naval architects were way behind their British counterparts.

If enjoyment is what you're after, I would suggest taking the position of a German commerce raider and seeing how many tons of British merchant shipping shipping you can sink before you're sunk (Problem: You will always be sunk.).

If education and enjoyment is what you're after, the WWI engagements at "Dogger Bank" and "Jutland" will point out why the world's second largest Navy stayed in port.

Otherwise, you will be constantly faced with a suicidal situation.

Dare Furor

Kriegsmarine Reenacting

Post by Dare Furor » 02 Dec 2006, 04:42

Evidently some guys in IR 226 do KM re-enacting as well. It's a shame there aren't more Commonwealth/AXIS or Eastern Front re-enactments around to allow Naval Infantry (Dieppe, Brest, LaRochelle, Hamburg, Berlin, etcetera), but I'm biased.

Historical annecdote: some 220 U-boaters, minesweeper-ers, and assorted naval base support personnel from the 12 U-Flot. in Bordeaux attempted to march back to Germany under Fregkpt. Scholtz, but were themselves captured by US troops on 11 Sept. 1944.

Dare Furor
:lol: :lol: :lol:

egon

Re: Kriegsmarine Reenacting

Post by egon » 10 Dec 2006, 06:37

A. Fraize wrote:Are their any Kriegsmarine (German WW2 Navy) reenactors out there?

<S>!
Jawohl. Only the most bitchin hardcore KM unit in the world, bar none. Forget about the other nancy boy KM-wannabe FARBS.

I rule...
Attachments
87.jpg
87.jpg (25.92 KiB) Viewed 3237 times

greatpolarbear

Post by greatpolarbear » 10 Dec 2006, 23:29

As far as campaigns for KM units, these are the following in which participation could be allowed.

Poland (Baltic) 1939
Norway/ Denmark 1940
Balkans/ Greece 1941
Crete (2nd phase) 1941
North Africa/ Tunisia 1943
Italy 1943
Russia (Baltic Sea) 1942-1945
Russia/ Crimea 1942-1944
Balkans 1944-1945
France (all) 1944
Belgium/Holland 1944-1945
Defense of Germany (all) 1945

Feuerjager

Post by Feuerjager » 12 Dec 2006, 09:26

egon wrote:
A. Fraize wrote:Are their any Kriegsmarine (German WW2 Navy) reenactors out there?

<S>!
Jawohl. Only the most bitchin hardcore KM unit in the world, bar none. Forget about the other nancy boy KM-wannabe FARBS.

I rule...
Then you know the following:

1. Your cover should not be Bark Blue but Field Grey to match your uniform.
2. You have a SS Breast Eagle instead of a KM one.
3. Your Narvik Shield Award belongs on your arm not below your brest pocket (with the same color backing as your uniform).
4. Your belt buckle is the Enlisted version not an Officers buckle and should be Gold colored not silver.

Don't take this wrong dude but you look like an explosion of an Army Surpluss Catolog! :lol:

Nice Jodpers though. :wink: Never understood how a GROWN MAN could go off to War wearing a pair of pants like that. :roll:

Hoover

Post by Hoover » 12 Dec 2006, 10:24

I think the pic above is a joke only...

Dare Furor

Post by Dare Furor » 12 Dec 2006, 11:57

Many KM personnel, particularly CPOs & Officers, did wear their blue caps with their field grey uniforms.

Dare Furor

From uboataces.com: "...During the last days of the war, U-boat crews were handed with Panzerfausts (bazooka) and told to stop Allied tanks. Cremer was the Naval Anti-Tank Commander."
Attachments
cremer.jpg
KvKpt &quot;Ali&quot; Cremer wearing blue KM cap, LW camouflage, and another officer in field grey wearing U-boat patrol and close combat badges. Cannot locate image source.
cremer.jpg (21.7 KiB) Viewed 3108 times

Schnert

Post by Schnert » 12 Dec 2006, 20:49

egon wrote:

<S>!

I rule...
Where's you Knight's Cross with Oakleaves, Swords, Diamonds, Bear Grease and Leopard's Teeth?

Feuerjager

Post by Feuerjager » 12 Dec 2006, 23:24

Dare Furor wrote:Many KM personnel, particularly CPOs & Officers, did wear their blue caps with their field grey uniforms.

Dare Furor
1. Yea, I kinda figured it was a joke, that is why I was also joking in my post. :P

2. Yes, I also know that Officers and CPO's sometimes wore their Blue Caps with their field uniforms and working clothes occasionally - but I seriously doubt you would have seen any KM Officer or CPO wearing a non matching cap with a set of CLASS A (Parade Dress) uniform as represented above. Not unless there was nothing else available or he was in a hurry to be busted down to an Ordinary Seaman again! :wink:

<S>!

FFpt.Fritz

Post by FFpt.Fritz » 13 Dec 2006, 23:56

isnt that a 1989 soveit naval visor with the ends bent down and german insignia applied

anyways i have a tunic and was wondering if anyone knows of a good reproduction dealer who sells officer shoulderboards for kriegsmarine artillery and other land insignia for eigther coastal artillery or marine-truppen

pzrwest

Post by pzrwest » 14 Dec 2006, 00:19

FFpt.Fritz read my post at the top and click the link it is a good place to start. Are you looking to join a unit? If you are still a great place to start

FFpt.Fritz

Post by FFpt.Fritz » 14 Dec 2006, 01:19

no not looking to join a unit, but i love the kriegmsmarine and figured coastal art is most practical and cheap. i have been to your cite before. i would join if you were say in my hometown area but since your nearst sister unit is a couple states west and you are in another country i dont think that will work out that great. but im glad someones remeambering the kriegsmarine in the reenactment society.

i have question for you.

does the coastal art uniform have the same jr lt shoulder boards and collor insignia as the heer?

the only thing i have found for purchase are the gold eagles for the hat a breast.

also what is needed to make a heer visor a kriegsmarine visor.

thanks. FFpt. Fritz
Last edited by FFpt.Fritz on 14 Dec 2006, 01:30, edited 2 times in total.

SeppCaesar

Post by SeppCaesar » 14 Dec 2006, 01:21

I too am looking for enlisted coastal artillary shoulder boards

Return to “Reenactment”