Who makes the best Jackboots?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Shanghai

Re: Who makes the best Jackboots?

Post by Shanghai » 10 May 2009, 15:41

From the pattern I'm getting. Get Lost Battalions.
Buy once buy right as the saying goes.

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 15 May 2009, 02:01

i've noticed though with lost battalions that even though the basic cut/pattern (last) is about the same the materials actually used can vary from pair to pair (not like ATF boots, which will look exactly the same no matter how many pairs you have-i have 2 pairs). For example two pairs of lost battalions boots i own had grey roughout lowers, while two other pairs i own had brown rough out lowers. Some are about an inch to two inches taller on the shaft length essentially making one or two of my pairs not regulation m39s. I guess it doesn't matter since you'll be dying them black anyway. This is not a critisism (the boots are all quality), but rather just an observation of LB variants taking place during the manufacturing process.
I live the war in my head and I am the walking dead when i'm alive. Everyone's a critic, but they live their lives in their heads and they are dead just like me, so i say let them 'live' until they die by me dead walking over them.

Schnert

Post by Schnert » 16 May 2009, 13:49

Lost Battalins' leather is all wrong. I'd go with East German surplus.

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 17 May 2009, 01:27

Schnert wrote:Lost Battalins' leather is all wrong. I'd go with East German surplus.
the leather varies. the pairs i have are correct and i'm comparing them to my used and unissued pairs of originals.
I live the war in my head and I am the walking dead when i'm alive. Everyone's a critic, but they live their lives in their heads and they are dead just like me, so i say let them 'live' until they die by me dead walking over them.

Panzerbusche

Post by Panzerbusche » 17 May 2009, 22:35

Schnert wrote:Lost Battalins' leather is all wrong. I'd go with East German surplus.
Schnert, where can I find Est German ones?

m1steelpot

Post by m1steelpot » 17 May 2009, 23:23

Panzerbusche wrote:
Schnert, where can I find Est German ones?
He's being sarcastic about the LB boots.

Essentially since so many reenactors knock LB for having "wrong" wool (even though it's not :roll: ), he always will say the opposite of the truth.
Take it easy~, ゆっくりしていってね!!!

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 18 May 2009, 04:29

even if it's a knock on LB cause of thier wool tunics it begs the question; what matters, incorrect reproduction, which use higher quality materials than were available back then, which makes them more durable, or super authentic materials which means the leather varies anyway thus giving you anything from good quality products to i can't believe it's made in pakistan type materials?

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 21 May 2009, 08:39

I'm nearing the end of my collection, and just wanted to post the remaining LB jackboots i own more or less to show the variations even though I believe the photos may not highlight much difference.

This pair of jackboots is Lost Battalions and has already been posted on pg 13, but now it's blackened and hobnailed in order to show the boots in the form they should be for reenacting, impressions, etc
Attachments
DSClbpair2.jpg
DSClbpair2.jpg (136.76 KiB) Viewed 1238 times

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 21 May 2009, 09:21

this is another pair of LB jackboots. not much difference except for height (a little shorter; about an inch) and possibly the type of upper and lowers leather, which was much more visibly different in their undyed state.
Attachments
DSClbpair3.jpg
DSClbpair3.jpg (163.89 KiB) Viewed 1229 times

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 21 May 2009, 10:11

This is the last pair of LB boots and the only distinction i could find is the taller height, which resembles early war jackboots somewhat, but then again once the crease kicks they'll only be a bit taller than my originals...
Attachments
DSClbpair4.jpg
DSClbpair4.jpg (144.57 KiB) Viewed 1231 times

Rittermeister

Post by Rittermeister » 14 Jun 2009, 06:13

Anyone know someone (other than LB) who makes either a large-fitting 13 or a 14?

Panzerbusche

Post by Panzerbusche » 14 Jun 2009, 23:30

Just got me a pair of SCHOESSLER`S jackboots, does anybody know if there is a guide on leather jackboots maintenance? I guess the leather sole could easly dry out if not properly olied

CTAPOCTA

Post by CTAPOCTA » 26 Jun 2009, 18:30

Totverband,
can you give me your opinion on these pair of boots?
Attachments
Picture%20032.jpg
Picture%20032.jpg (22.89 KiB) Viewed 942 times

Daniel

Post by Daniel » 26 Jun 2009, 21:03

CTAPOCTA wrote:Totverband,
WTF!!!
:lol:

CTAPOCTA

Post by CTAPOCTA » 26 Jun 2009, 21:14

I wish I could see expression on your face when I tell you who is the maker of these boots 8O
Daniel wrote:
CTAPOCTA wrote:Totverband,
WTF!!!
:lol:

Return to “Reenactment”