Who makes the best Jackboots?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Schnert

Re: Who makes the best Jackboots?

Post by Schnert » 19 Jul 2009 01:27

I strongly suspect (read: am not 100% certain) that those boots are the same model as sold by Landser.

Toivo

Post by Toivo » 19 Jul 2009 10:17

It seems you're probably correct! I searched Landser boots discussions and indeed these seem verbotten!

Toivo

svec

Post by svec » 02 Sep 2009 09:52

What do you think of these shoes www.koutny-cz.eu

Grabenkater

Post by Grabenkater » 02 Sep 2009 13:27

svec wrote:What do you think of these shoes http://www.koutny-cz.eu
They look great, but the cost is beyond the means of most re-enactors.

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 02 Sep 2009 22:15

the gebirgs and lowboots look good, but the jackboots look to have fat ankles and pebbled leather from the picture i saw. Is this a custom-boot firm; do they have an english pg? I can't read czech.
I live the war in my head and I am the walking dead when i'm alive. Everyone's a critic, but they live their lives in their heads and they are dead just like me, so i say let them 'live' until they die by me dead walking over them.

Brendan Hunt

Post by Brendan Hunt » 02 Sep 2009 22:25

the jackboots are postwar converts
Brendan

Newton30

Post by Newton30 » 03 Sep 2009 01:19

TOTVERBAND wrote:the gebirgs and lowboots look good, but the jackboots look to have fat ankles and pebbled leather from the picture i saw. Is this a custom-boot firm; do they have an english pg? I can't read czech.
Translate text, web pages or documents
http://translate.google.com

Cherokee Blue

Post by Cherokee Blue » 03 Sep 2009 17:30

oops
Last edited by Cherokee Blue on 04 Sep 2009 02:22, edited 1 time in total.

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 03 Sep 2009 21:25

thankyou newton, i can now look for the russian firm that sells ww2 reproduction boots.
I live the war in my head and I am the walking dead when i'm alive. Everyone's a critic, but they live their lives in their heads and they are dead just like me, so i say let them 'live' until they die by me dead walking over them.

Newton30

Post by Newton30 » 03 Sep 2009 21:36

TOTVERBAND wrote:thankyou newton, i can now look for the russian firm that sells ww2 reproduction boots.
:wink: What Russian company would be? :?

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 03 Sep 2009 21:44

here's one that does cossack stuff, but it seems they also have marschstiefel. (this site is not the repro russian site i refer to though!) http://pohodd.ru/index.php?cat=46http

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 03 Sep 2009 22:15

Newton30

Post by Newton30 » 04 Sep 2009 01:38

thank , very interesting! :)

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 09 Sep 2009 23:37

on the russian site some if you use google translator you might not be able to zoom in on the boots to view extra angle pictures. to remedy this, you could try just ww2.ru and using some memory work or going on their ENG on the top right corner get a modest translation so you can navigate to the boots and zoom in on other angles of whatever boots you happen to be looking at.

btw their jackboots, some may say are wrong from the horizontal seam on the shaft, but i know for a fact that some models had that reinforcement horizontal-seam on the shaft. I hope someone orders their boots, along with the czech boots so we can get a better view of the finished product, thus introducing new high-end boot makers as opposed to being left to cheap chinese sturm/atf, or resorting to more durable postwar conversions since the death/decline in availability of long-gone high-end boots. R.I.P (RAU/ZM [polish made], old ATF, Mattimore, Grigsby, LB, SS Room[they only have a few sizes remaining last time i heard or they rarely update their site])

TOTVERBAND

Post by TOTVERBAND » 10 Sep 2009 02:00

and if you really want to get the infamous polish-made jackboots you can try here, but i don't know if the firm is still taking individual orders, but someone sometime ago got a custom early-war pair of polish-made jackboots from this source:

http://hero-collection.com.pl/content/kontakt.htm

^ which i got from this thread:

http://www.panzergrenadier.net/forum/vi ... =24&t=7485

Return to “Reenactment”