Pirschen Products

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Hoover

Re: Pirschen Products

Post by Hoover » 09 Apr 2008, 12:05

I always would compare the items of Janke to those of the other vendors.

My 1998-Fliegerbluse is perfect. One of my unit comrades bought a Janke one at a bourse and is a shadow of the former quality. Okay, Janke will habe reduce his prices, because I won´t buy one of his stock items now. The tailored items are very nice, no doubt about that.

A fellow reenactor has ordered a riding breeches to his measures, very good qualitiy.

Matthias Tiemann

Post by Matthias Tiemann » 11 Apr 2008, 04:12

I just recieved my trousers and tunic! M43! I have to say for the price I paid im quite impressed. I am new to this game so once my unit has inspected it Im sure they can post a more educated commentary. The fit seems spot on, very tight and accurate looking (according to my research of what the fit should be).
I was suprised to find some free presents in the pockets! Shoulder boards, belt hooks and a ribbon for the front button hole...I dont hear of the more expensive uniforms coming with those items.
That said I had no suspender buttons in the front of the trousers...not sure why that is and someone else had the same problem. However anyone who can sew and has some extta buttons can fix that. Other than that I am impressed and wouldint hesitate to buy more items from pirschen! Perfect for field wear.

Edited to be more specific*
Last edited by Matthias Tiemann on 11 Apr 2008, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

cpittman

Post by cpittman » 11 Apr 2008, 14:14

When you say the fit seems spot on, are you comparing it to an original tunic or...?

Matthias Tiemann

Post by Matthias Tiemann » 11 Apr 2008, 14:59

I have never worn an origional tunic, but comparing it to what I read the description according to lost battalions for example is that the arms should be down to your wrist bone and that there should be an overall feeling of tightness in the upperarm/shoulder.
Well thats exactly how mine feels and fits!

Matthias Tiemann

Post by Matthias Tiemann » 11 Apr 2008, 16:55

After doing some research I think that I have been mistaken. It seems to me that the M43 trousers never had suspender attachment points? It seems they were meant to be used with a belt only for safety reasons because you couldint pull down the trousers with the jacket on(battfield defication? lol). Can anyone confirm/deny whether the M43s ever came with suspender buttons and provide a picture?
If thats the case then Pirschen is more accurate then my brain is... :)

Drew Maynard

Post by Drew Maynard » 11 Apr 2008, 17:00

umm...43 or 42? not that it matters, i thought all keilhosen had provisions for suspenders...

safety reasons etc., on 'dumping' in the field is nonsense....

Matthias Tiemann

Post by Matthias Tiemann » 11 Apr 2008, 17:14

M43...Im trying to track down pictures of the suspender fittings on the front inside of M43 trousers but Im having trouble...
Chen wants to improve on the design if possible and add them.

cpittman

Post by cpittman » 11 Apr 2008, 20:56

Matthias Tiemann wrote:I have never worn an origional tunic, but comparing it to what I read the description according to lost battalions for example is that the arms should be down to your wrist bone and that there should be an overall feeling of tightness in the upperarm/shoulder.
If your research of the tunic fit comes from LB and you accept that LB are a great source of information when it comes to uniform tailoring, why didn't you buy a tunic from them?

Yes, M43 trousers had suspender buttons, of course. Even the M44 trousers had these, even though these had an integral belt.

http://www.relichunter.com/policem43pants.jpg

Matthias Tiemann

Post by Matthias Tiemann » 11 Apr 2008, 21:03

cpittman wrote:
Matthias Tiemann wrote:I have never worn an origional tunic, but comparing it to what I read the description according to lost battalions for example is that the arms should be down to your wrist bone and that there should be an overall feeling of tightness in the upperarm/shoulder.
If your research of the tunic fit comes from LB and you accept that LB are a great source of information when it comes to uniform tailoring, why didn't you buy a tunic from them?

Yes, M43 trousers had suspender buttons, of course. Even the M44 trousers had these, even though these had an integral belt.

http://www.relichunter.com/policem43pants.jpg
My ref from LB was because it is a well know source, of course articles about the fit of german tunics is avalible elsewhere. :)
Dont worry, I am a customer of LB's.

Gesetz

Post by Gesetz » 11 Apr 2008, 21:04

If I read about how to slip on condom on from the pictures on a box of chinese condoms should I buy them? :P :wink:

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 11 Apr 2008, 23:21

Yes. :P
And yes, M42 Kielhosen had suspender buttons. The 2 in the back of the waist are on those flaps that fold down and tuck underneath the double loop. INSIDE the front waist were also 2 buttons on each side, in the same locations as on the M35 langhosen for suspenders.
For extra reinforcement, I've found that it's a very practical thing to wear suspenders when im feld and running around, and during the afterhours If you wish, you can remove the suspenders and wear the duty belt clinched nice and tight to hold up your pants while kibitzing in the barracks. 8-)

Dare Furor

Post by Dare Furor » 14 Apr 2008, 15:03

Suspenders may be a separate thread. That said, suspenders are quite handy for getting back on-line in a hurry. Suspenders or not, most people I know do not use the latrine wearing their entire kit unless they're standing up. Suspenders also allow your trousers to ride up around your waist where they should be, preventing you from being mistaken for an American with your trouser-waist under your belly.

Back on track: I just received my Pirschen SS M-43 tunic: very nice. The tightness in the chest and armpits is to coerce you into standing with your spine straight: head up; shoulders back (This may be a new concept for many of the Americans born after 1990).

Dare Furor
<uuuUkuuu>

Shanghai

Post by Shanghai » 14 Apr 2008, 16:37

Just found ANT-Z has a store outside of eBay. How's his M43 enlisted caps?
Also to the people who have his products. Would you be able to show some pictures of yourselves wearing them?

Matthias Tiemann

Post by Matthias Tiemann » 14 Apr 2008, 16:39

Dare Furor wrote:Suspenders may be a separate thread. That said, suspenders are quite handy for getting back on-line in a hurry. Suspenders or not, most people I know do not use the latrine wearing their entire kit unless they're standing up. Suspenders also allow your trousers to ride up around your waist where they should be, preventing you from being mistaken for an American with your trouser-waist under your belly.

Back on track: I just received my Pirschen SS M-43 tunic: very nice. The tightness in the chest and armpits is to coerce you into standing with your spine straight: head up; shoulders back (This may be a new concept for many of the Americans born after 1990).

Dare Furor
<uuuUkuuu>
Glad to see someone else enjoyed the tunic too! Its quite tight and although I was born in 85' :oops: Its still something different to get used to...that said it feels very professional.

Just to clarify my question/comment about suspenders was just for myself to be sure whether or not there were suspenders on the M43 pants, I had trouble finding pictures to highlight that. The latrine comment was a joke :P

I am under the impression that chen is looking to add the suspender buttons at this time.

Dare Furor, did you get the belt hooks and goodies in your tunic pocket?

pirschen

Post by pirschen » 14 Apr 2008, 16:42

Shanghai wrote:Just found ANT-Z has a store outside of eBay. How's his M43 enlisted caps?
Also to the people who have his products. Would you be able to show some pictures of yourselves wearing them?
oh, not too good, peak is longer than original 1 cm, but we will fix the problem.
chen

Return to “Reenactment”