Where to get sport shirts?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Dieter

Re: Where to get sport shirts?

Post by Dieter » 07 Aug 2008, 18:33

As totally ironic as this is going to sound, current Isreali Army tank top undershirts are IDENTICAL. If you do a web search, I'm certain you'll find them. :D

Dare Furor

Post by Dare Furor » 07 Aug 2008, 21:51

Dieter wrote:As totally ironic as this is going to sound, current Isreali Army tank top undershirts are IDENTICAL. If you do a web search, I'm certain you'll find them. :D
Not so ironic, really; many Israelis have German last names. The Israeli Army used Mausers, etc.

So, the Sport Shirt Eagles from Landser, etc. are all printed/silk screened? Is that correct? Landser advertises BeVo, but the talons are problematic.

Dare Furor
<uuuUkuuu>

Holz

Post by Holz » 08 Aug 2008, 02:00

My Landser eagle is in fact woven.

WolfgangKessler

Post by WolfgangKessler » 15 May 2009, 00:42

Well, here is my sport suit top that my wife made.

Florida-Lehr-Mike

Post by Florida-Lehr-Mike » 11 Oct 2011, 02:40

I don't want to breach etiquette but I would like to comment on the subject and ask a question if permissible.
As to the use of sport tanktops being used at reenactments. We in the Southeastern U.S. find it to be too hot to wear your tunic all day at events, so the different sport logos make it easier to discern the various groups involved at a glance. We all look like we are in the same unit if we're all in trousers and suspenders. Right?
Secondary issue is the screenprinting. Since screening is cheaper it allows more people affordable undershirts. As you know we're all out of pocket. Nobody is issuing them to you. If you can afford the better items you will get them but until you can there are at least some options. We are buying ours from PALA130.org
The afforementioned Czech shirts are used. The price is fair. What do you think?
I have enjoyed many of the posts on this site and I'm glad to have joined this group. Regards,
Mike
It's only authentic if it's original. If you restore it then it's going to take another 70 years to look that cool again.

Dare Furor

Post by Dare Furor » 12 Oct 2011, 19:45

Do the best you can with what you have, but encourage everyone to improve/upgrade. The price really is fair for what you're getting. Your other option, which may or may not be as cost-effective, would be to find a local business that does embroidery/silk screening and czech out what they can do for you. In the long run, your best bet is to go for quality.

Dare Furor
<uuuUkuuu>

Florida-Lehr-Mike

Post by Florida-Lehr-Mike » 14 Oct 2011, 05:32

Embroidery shops that I have gone to with this concept are either too expensive, run you off because of the swastikas or won't guarantee an exclusive deal. Which means you might see some biker ride by next week with a design you asked for embroidered on his denim jacket. So far silkscreen wins. I suppose a fair question would be how many people would be interested in ready to wear, spot on reproduction sport shirts? Perhaps it would be worth the effort and I am not realizing it? Check out the screened ones if you go to Operation Cobra in Florala Alabama October 21-23. Maybe that's the ticket for most reenactors.
I must also say excellent work on the Sport Warm up Jacket. You're a fortunate fellow to have an involved and talented spouse.
It's only authentic if it's original. If you restore it then it's going to take another 70 years to look that cool again.

Newton30

Post by Newton30 » 15 Oct 2011, 03:01

In the furure I ride kit sport using this figure as a reference. :milsmile:

Newton30

Post by Newton30 » 17 Oct 2011, 19:06

des cordes

Post by des cordes » 20 Jan 2015, 23:35

i recher to one spost trusers and t shirts

Return to “Reenactment”