Fat reenactors. We must be stopped.

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
FatandProud

Re: Fat reenactors. We must be stopped.

Post by FatandProud » 29 Jun 2010 01:15

Tell what is offensive? I do not see anything offensive what so ever in any of my posts. I will quote an offensive post in this thread.
Last edited by FatandProud on 29 Jun 2010 02:43, edited 1 time in total.

FatandProud

Post by FatandProud » 29 Jun 2010 01:18

bruno.reinhold wrote:I think he ate the rest of his platoon. look at how nervous the little guy appears.
offensive Post #1

FatandProud

Post by FatandProud » 29 Jun 2010 01:26

Mimbrogno wrote: And if you're really desperate to stop the epidemic (and I mean beyond last resort desperate), as far as I've heard, live rounds still work.
offensive#2

m1steelpot

Post by m1steelpot » 29 Jun 2010 06:09

FatandProud wrote:Tell what is offensive? I do not see anything offensive what so ever in any of my posts. I will quote an offensive post in this thread.
You are adding nothing to this discussion. You came to this forum to deliberately stir up trouble.

To get things back on a positive note, enjoy these images of real dudes from WWII.

Take it easy~, ゆっくりしていってね!!!

FatandProud

Post by FatandProud » 29 Jun 2010 08:17

To each his own. I my come off as a jerk but then again I do not care. Once again
Everyone should be able to do as they please If a obese man wants to reenact he should and not have to worry about people trash talking him or poking fun. Some goes for anyone. Just because a person does not look the part authenticly
does not mean he should not be aloud to do what he or she loves as long as they have the proper kit. That being said I would be more worried about health issues and over exertion or getting injured it.

Oh Nice photos like the bottom one with the gew 98

Langemann

Post by Langemann » 29 Jun 2010 10:38

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 29 Jun 2010 17:11

Everyone, drop the unfriendly tone and get back on topic.

/Marcus

Byelogvardetza

Post by Byelogvardetza » 29 Jun 2010 21:38

[quote][/quote]Если вы будете кушать то что собрали сами из своей земли будете в форме.
Супермаркеты продают такую дрянь- вы только почитайте что на бумажках пишут?Яд.

Agreed. not just the reenactment community but the human race in general would be better off eating natural food and not processed garbage. To bring it back to living history, it is important for us to bring period food to events, and not MRE's, gatorade, and junk food in plastic wrappers.

jjhartwell
Financial supporter

Post by jjhartwell » 29 Jun 2010 22:36

ack on topic.
I, too am fat and proud. I have enough pride and self-respect to know that military reenactment is an inappropriate activity for me. I do resent anyone telling me I can't, if I wanted to. I resent even more hearing someone whose English is less than perfect being ridiculed for it.

But, the real problem lies in the nature and purpose of reenactment. One purpose is to inform, enlighten or educate a wider public: the only one that would interest me, personally. In such a case strict authenticity is essential, and absolute standards should be maintained. [The difficulty here is that many serious reenactors who sincerely want to present a fully accurate impression, simply can't afford or don't have access to the best materials.]

On the other hand, there are a great many "reenactors" who simply want to dress up, play soldier and go camping with the guys. In that case, it doesn't matter what they look like, how they dress, how many kegs are in the tent. If it satisfies "the guys", a-OK!

Of course, I suppose there are some who want to be 110% accurate for a camping trip with the guys, just for their own entertainment. They need be taken no more seriously than the last.

OK, I admit it, I don't know the solution. If a given group wants to restrict membership to those pursuing strict accuracy, that's fine. But I will never accept that anybody should "be stopped."

Good luck!
Jno

JagerRoll

Post by JagerRoll » 30 Jun 2010 13:46

jjhartwell wrote:ack on topic.
I, too am fat and proud. I have enough pride and self-respect to know that military reenactment is an inappropriate activity for me.

Speaking from someone that just lost over 50 lbs. Being fat is nothing to be proud of . The health issues that I had to endure just becasue I could not control my eating was at the least shameful. When I was reenacting in the field , I became a burden to everyone else because I could not keep up. I had high blood pressue, stomach problems and was continually going to the Doctor. When I would sleep at events, my snoring was upsetting those around me. Now that I lost the weight and have controlled my eating, I only have to take blood pressure meds and can have fun at reenactments. You have to think beyond reenacting, It is a tough battle loosing the weight but it is even tougher having to suffer the problems that come with obesity (yes , I did suffer them and if you don't have the issues now there is %100 certanty that you will in the future). If you say you have have pride and self respect, have enough to take care of yourself and controll your eating, see a doctor and a diet counselor, find some sort of physical activity you like.

stroodle

Post by stroodle » 30 Jun 2010 19:10

G.I's preparing for battle.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stroodle

Post by stroodle » 30 Jun 2010 19:30

Burger King Banzai!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Harvs73

Post by Harvs73 » 30 Jun 2010 22:16

I have to agree with JagerRoll, there is nothing to be proud of in being obese. What is there to be proud about in having higher rates of health problems, higher costs in clothing, more injuries that can't be fixed and showing the lack of self discipline that leads to the overconsumption of food. I too have lost a great deal of weight (17kg) with another 10kg or so to go to get to the weight I am happy with so I speak from experience. I also have some of the health problems that are caused by being obese that I will carry with me until I die and these affect how I interact with my 2 year old daughter, not a good thing.

Whilst I don't think you should be ashamed of being obese you sure as hell shouldn't be proud of it.
David Harvey
Brisbane
Australia

FatandProud

Post by FatandProud » 30 Jun 2010 23:57

What makes you think that being obese is the person fault and that most do not try correct the problem.
My point is not weather it is healthy being obese. I have seen someone die from obesity I know what is can do.
I am not talking about being 50 lbs over. I also seen people die from smoking and cancer. when I think of it everyone dies sooner or later. I my self am severely over weight. I lead an active life style and go to the gym and always trying to diet. I am Proud I am proud of who I am and I will not let anyone tell me I can not do something cause of my weight.
I am surprised at how grown men are so juvenile when is comes to obese people they snicker and make joke and comment
It is bigotry at its finest. I must say I was surprised when I saw this site the attitude alot of you have you do not represent the reenacting community it a good light. That all being said am done with this topic.
Last edited by FatandProud on 01 Jul 2010 03:21, edited 1 time in total.

jjhartwell
Financial supporter

Post by jjhartwell » 01 Jul 2010 00:21

I wrote that I am fat and proud -- NOT tht I am proud of being fat. For JagerRoll: good for you, keep at it (if you need to). I passed the 105 pound mark a month ago -- but it gets harder and harder as time goes on. And it can become almost impossible when you get old (believe me, I know).

For everyone, don't be so quick to judge others. What you don't know about anyone else's situation would surprise you. But then, it's always easiest to blame the victim.

Hlaritas!
jno

Return to “Reenactment”